CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #21,151 of 31,831

How much is 30 dB to be exact when u are using an IEM? Unless u have some measuring rigs, hard to quantify. But for 30 dB, giving a ballpark figure, is when someone whispers to u. Like for the T800 which is rated at 30 dB isolation, I truly cannot hear other people whispering to me when I have it on (with no music playing). With music on, I can't hear anyone unless they raise their voice next to me.

I need an IEM with music playing rated high enough to mute someone raising their voice next to me about me wearing IEMs with music playing.

Nov 25, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #21,152 of 31,831

How much is 30 dB to be exact when u are using an IEM? Unless u have some measuring rigs, hard to quantify. But for 30 dB, giving a ballpark figure, is when someone whispers to u. Like for the T800 which is rated at 30 dB isolation, I truly cannot hear other people whispering to me when I have it on (with no music playing). With music on, I can't hear anyone unless they raise their voice next to me.

30 dB isolation is a lot for an IEM. Not only does it ensure u play your music softer, but u can get more details at a lower volume.

As per the above chart, just deducting 30 dB from something like a 130 dB rock band (if u do stage monitoring) will save your hearing in the long term (somewhat haha). The recommended guidelines are not to exceed 85 dB for 8 hours, so deducting 30 dB from heavy traffic ( which is ~80 dB) is also very useful if u are using such IEMs as a transit isolating IEM.

I tried using some open backed/vented IEMs like the **** for transit and cause of the poor isolation, one tends to jack up the volume to compensate, and it's not good for longterm usage IMHO.
I guess mine is also around that then because i also can't hear anyone that talk to me when the music was playing. Thanks for the detailed chart.

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #21,153 of 31,831
I need an IEM with music playing rated high enough to mute someone raising their voice next to me about me wearing IEMs with music playing.

Added this ^^^ to my sig

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #21,154 of 31,831
Yep, FAAEAL HIBISCUS cable is real BADASS.
H9285990a27d14056bc34f2ff1d5a6d5ez.jpg
Do you have this cable? How is the quality of it when compared to other litz cables often spoken about here? Thank you.

Nov 25, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #21,155 of 31,831
Revonext nex202

After my terrible experience with the new flagship Revonext nex602 which if any of you remember even the company reps admitted to it's rushed to market poor sound quality I had never the less enjoyed their earlier models (of which some i can't mention i think?). Anyway, i took a punt on the nex202 on the 11.11 sales at £25 as they're $50 or £55 in UK. They're still currently at the £25 mark for the Black Friday sales (lol). Very glad i did, these kick lumps out of their big brother. They have a lovely balanced sound, brighter than what i'd normally prefer but it's not harsh and it gives it a high level of detail, especially at the micro level. Not analytical though, perhaps neutral, defo very clear and uncongested. Bass especially mid bass has a satisfying thump and sub bass can have a good rumble. It's VERY airy signature and this goes for bass too, very quick when it needs to be. I really enjoy the soundstage, it's got good depth and it's airy nature gives it good instrument placements in all directions. Upper mids are crisp and like i say are bright but it's still got an overall warmth that prevents it getting fatiguing. On a technical level it betters sets like the KZ ZS10 Pro. Up agisnt the BQEYZ BQ3 they share some similarities but the nex202 is that bit brighter and detailed.

Build wise - extremely light but like their earlier models very well made. It has a titanium shell which i can't see breaking. i absolutely love the cable they come with and

Anyone who enjoys their early models or who wants a good all-rounder that is quite revealing without becoming thin or strident may enjoy these. At the sale price you're getting a very good deal IMO.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_52

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

After the terrible reviews of the NEX602, I was spooked away from ALL of the current NEX models. I had figured if they had gotten the flagship tuning so terribly wrong, then there was no hope for the other models.

Glad to hear the NEX202 is OK.

You don’t by any chance have any of the earlier models to compare with the NEX202, do you? I’m curious if the NEX202 would simply be a side grade to something like, say, their ‘steampunk styled ‘earphone. That steampunk one is shockingly good for its low cost.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #21,157 of 31,831
Just got my £23.79 lucky bag from LuckLZ. Trn v90. I'll give it a listen but I'm not expecting too much. I hated the V80...

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #21,159 of 31,831
Just got my £23.79 lucky bag from LuckLZ. Trn v90. I'll give it a listen but I'm not expecting too much. I hated the V80...

The V90 is very enjoyable. Nothing like the V80. You got a good deal. Give yourself some quality time with it.

I did not get a lucky bag from that store.because I knew they were going to be existing current products so I figured I would probably already have what was in it.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #21,160 of 31,831
Out of the box and they are already sounding better than the V80. Maybe a bit dull but that's an improvement on the tizziness of the V80. The v90 and C12 are definitely showing that ChiFi BA can get better than they have been. These will probably be an occasional distraction rather than a regular listen but they are definitely worth the money.

Nov 25, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #21,162 of 31,831
I have a lucky bag on its way from NiceHCK, I hope my one is as good as yours.

I have one of those coming too. The most expensive one. I can't help myself.

Nov 25, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #21,163 of 31,831
I guess mine is also around that then because i also can't hear anyone that talk to me when the music was playing. Thanks for the detailed chart.

Isolation figures are interesting because they never state at what frequency. Most likely it achieves 30db at 1khz, but the reality is isolation varies with frequency. Bass frequencies are hard to block.

Here is an example of a Shure SE215
upload_2019-11-25_14-13-54.png

Here we have the ETY ER4XR

upload_2019-11-25_14-15-16.png

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back