CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #19,216 of 31,831
As some people on this forum already know, I'm a huge sucker for the old school KZ ED9.

So I, like any other Knowledge Zenith enthusiast, bought a third pair of ED9!

04DM84h.jpg

This time I opted for the matte black finish, which I never had.

OKRieUE.jpg

I am happy that KZ decided to revamp the ED9's physicalities, this time opting for their new clean packaging, and using their new dark cherry red cable which I really like.

SS23Xj4.jpg

This third pair will probably act as a backup pair in my backpack, in case if I forget my IEMs.

Here is some more ED9 p0rn:

QJez9zS.jpg
JpmPjW5.jpg

Also, I have this very lofty idea in mind for a YouTube video that I want to do with the ED9.

Basically I film a bunch of random people at my college and ask them to try out the ED9, then I ask them how much they think it costs.

9 out of 10 they'll say something like $50, or even $100, and once I tell them that it only costs $10 they'll be like "OMGGGGGGG NO WAY!!!!!!!! 10 BUCKS?!?!?!?!?!? GET OUT!!!!!!!"

LOL, their reactions are gonna be priceless hehe :smirk::grin:

Looks interesting. I own the KZ EDR1 which I thought was decent. I would think the ED9 is much better than it?
And how's the microphonics for cable on the ED9?

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:52 AM Post #19,217 of 31,831
The MH755 makes me happy and sad at the same time. Happy cos you can get such outstanding sound from this little cheap looking plastic earphone... but sad cos you pay MUCH more for sound that isn't close to sounding as good.

Is the 755 just a freak of nature that got lucky with it's tuning lol?
It's a Soooony, lol.
I enjoy my modded 755 just as much as some other folks here and couldn't agree more on the excellent SQ/€ ratio of those bangers.

I've wasted $70+ in the past year on KZ ZSNs, Einsear T2s, Remax rm 610ds, KZ EDR1s, and now these ZSNs. Not a single one of them had a good balanced forward sounding sound signature and none of them were any good at isolation.
Over here public transport makes you feel like you're being processed by a sausage machine but the EDR1 (EDR2, ED9) give me all the isolation I could ask for. See below.

Looks interesting. I own the KZ EDR1 which I thought was decent. I would think the ED9 is much better than it?
To keep it short they're somewhat more balanced, a bit more detailed with slightly better imaging and separation, especially with the brighter sounding dull brass filter nozzle. 8€ very well spent IMO but sometimes I miss the serious rumble my EDR1 and 2 deliver, especially on a stronger source but the rest of the spectrum can be adjusted to taste with a bit of mainly subtractive EQing.
Regarding microphonics I use them all Ety style, deeply inserted with the cable over ear without any microphonics whatsoever, above that any of those three sets provide some of the best insulation of any IEM in my stash, they're my #1 choice for the nerve wrecking local transport.

Aug 8, 2019 at 10:22 AM Post #19,218 of 31,831
No tips worked for me and the ****. I'm going to forget about the experience now as this question always comes up first.:wink:
Before you give up have you tried Spiral Dots? Quite a few of us have had success with these on the ****. Or Auvios, which are similar.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:00 PM Post #19,219 of 31,831
How does it compare to all your other iems?
well...to ALL is kinda to intense question ahah, lets just say that i prefer it over all KZ i own (i stop at ZS6, try about 75% of all other)

Its more detailed and punchy in mid bass than Nicehck EP10, its more balanced, thick and lively and have more fowards mids-vocal than V80, its clearer and have better imaging but smaller soundstage than Vsonic VS3, it have more bass and impact and kinda similar mid range but more intimate vocal than Brainwavz KOEL, its less trebly and congested than Tripowin TP10, its more W shape and have better bass control than more U shape TRN IM1....

ZS10PRO is sure among best sub-50$ buy you can make right now IMO Only thing i find underwhelming is soundstage and highs (non) sparkle-decay. Timbre is okay, but still a little too grainy for my overly capricious taste.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:02 PM Post #19,220 of 31,831
By the way, the new BQEYZ SPRING1 will not fit in this thread price range unfortunately.....msrp is 139$. I hope it will go down in the futur, but it will be in direct competition with IKKO OH1 and such...

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #19,221 of 31,831
found the post
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/page-1636#post-15021910

... and I also found one where DBaldock9 said his were in phase but right and left were swapped

Seems that someone was just attaching wires without paying attention.

Thanks for the info. I contacted the seller saying what is wrong with it etc and he wants me to buy another? Why would I do that lol.

Looks like a dispute has to be carried out as I asked for a replacement and that did not work. I was also very polite to the seller.

Aug 8, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #19,222 of 31,831
Thanks for the info. I contacted the seller saying what is wrong with it etc and he wants me to buy another? Why would I do that lol.

Looks like a dispute has to be carried out as I asked for a replacement and that did not work. I was also very polite to the seller.

Is this on ali?

Could he have meant that you should create an order but not pay until he adjusts it to be something close to zero?

Aug 8, 2019 at 11:54 PM Post #19,224 of 31,831
By the way, the new BQEYZ SPRING1 will not fit in this thread price range unfortunately.....msrp is 139$. I hope it will go down in the futur, but it will be in direct competition with IKKO OH1 and such...
Wow, that's much higher in cost then the **** ****. Of course, BQEYZ is a better brand...

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #19,225 of 31,831
Wow, that's much higher in cost then the **** ****. Of course, BQEYZ is a better brand...
One could always wait it out for the Aliexpress sale.

One is due soon and 11.11 isn't that far away. The CCA C16 came out at US$115, it eventually dropped to US$80 on sale.
I would say if its good, then there really is no hurry to be a first adaptor. As with the CCA C16, I'll wait for that 30% off when a sale comes around or when the market dictates its "sellable" price.

Aug 9, 2019 at 12:38 AM Post #19,226 of 31,831
As some people on this forum already know, I'm a huge sucker for the old school KZ ED9.

So I, like any other Knowledge Zenith enthusiast, bought a third pair of ED9!

04DM84h.jpg

This time I opted for the matte black finish, which I never had.

OKRieUE.jpg

I am happy that KZ decided to revamp the ED9's physicalities, this time opting for their new clean packaging, and using their new dark cherry red cable which I really like.

SS23Xj4.jpg

This third pair will probably act as a backup pair in my backpack, in case if I forget my IEMs.

Here is some more ED9 p0rn:

QJez9zS.jpg
JpmPjW5.jpg

Also, I have this very lofty idea in mind for a YouTube video that I want to do with the ED9.

Basically I film a bunch of random people at my college and ask them to try out the ED9, then I ask them how much they think it costs.

9 out of 10 they'll say something like $50, or even $100, and once I tell them that it only costs $10 they'll be like "OMGGGGGGG NO WAY!!!!!!!! 10 BUCKS?!?!?!?!?!? GET OUT!!!!!!!"

LOL, their reactions are gonna be priceless hehe :smirk::grin:
You'll be surprised how many of my Chinese friends and colleagues are dumbfounded to know how good Chi-Fi gems sound compared to the everyday name brand purchases they make on much more costly earphones! :deadhorse:

Aug 9, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #19,227 of 31,831

I just briefly compared my ED9 with the EDR1. With the ED9, you're getting a more technically capable IEM that is superior to the EDR1 in both instrument separation, detail retrieval, imaging, and especially soundstage. In terms of sound, the ED9 generally has a more open and transparent sound signature, with more upfront mids and more extended treble. Overall I think the ED9s excel best in clarity and soundstage, while the EDR1 is more oriented towards the "fun", not that the ED9 isn't fun sounding either (do the vent mod and they sound even bassier than the EDR1).

Oh and microphonics are honestly one of the quietest I've ever had on an IEM (quieter than the EDR1 too). They don't make any sound at all.

Last edited:
Aug 9, 2019 at 1:46 AM Post #19,228 of 31,831
man.

sometime Chifi depress me alot....and now I just discover somethign that can explain contradictories impressions about KBEAR F1.

Well, as you know, it pretty much about a single BA that directly sent its sound to you ears without any acoustic tuning to do (no damping or housing space or sound tube etc).

Well. damn, another guy just say on its BA its write TENHZ, so i was like what!?!? Mine its just number, 32 257, and it look very very cheap, no B for bellsing on it.

And well, its way smaller than other dude BA!

SO, conclusion, KBEAR F1 have different Balanced armature inside, please share here whats yours!

Mine:

HIS:

My F1 has a Bellsing RAB-32257, with Bellsing “B” logo.

It looks exactly like this:

F1D91A87-7C16-44F9-B3B7-F029F5A7270F.jpeg

Aug 9, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #19,230 of 31,831
What da? ...that makes it like 4 different types of BA's they are installing! Am I right? What is going on with them?

I'm not sure. I'm in communication with them to try and get to the bottom of it. It certainly sounds ludicrous to think they have 4 different drivers.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with using the same 'shell' and installing different drivers to be able to offer slightly different sound tunings. KZ does it all the time (ATE/ATR/ATE-S, ZS3E/ZS4, EDR1/EDR2, ZS6/ZS7, etc). But if KB Ear is gonna do that, at least give it a different model designation so people can identify what they're buying. Have a F1a, F1b, F1x, etc.

I am working on my F1 review, and I will be sharing the information/photos you found (if that's OK with you), as well as any new information I find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back