CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 8, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #18,646 of 31,831
Same here, I think it's because the silicone is thin and adheres easy. With Spinfits and good strong amping, you'd get stronger bass with those. It's the amping that's issue straight out of the Galaxy phone I think (I did measure it with a source that drives the iem strong). If going cheap, I'd recommend Sony MH755 or 750. 755 needs to be recabled or need an extension since it has a short cable originally meant to be plugged to a blue-tooth adapter.

I'd say MH755 pretty strong treble, if you want something on piercing side. Also, the Spinfits does sharpen the treble on the AKG earphone as well. I don't see why you'd want piercing highs? I personally like more relaxed highs.
Tastes differ :) I want something like Vmoda m100 but a cheaper iem.
Recabling is the first thing I did. I still think that mh755 are a better choice than the c10. Their value is insane.

If you open your mouth wide while inserting/removing, it helps. Also, grab the antihelix (ie the outside most part of your ear) with 1 hand and gently ‘stretch’ it, while using the other hand to insert/remove the earphone.

Both of these things temporary increases the diameter and shape of your ear canal. With a combination of those 2 tricks, it should greatly reduce your issues.

It also all but eliminates driver flex.

Finally, you may be using tips that are too large. Try stepping down 1 size of eartip, even if it means using 2 different size eartips. Many people have to use 2 different size eartips (such as 1 M and 1 L), due to slight differences in their ear canals.
Thank you, I'll try that!

Jul 8, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #18,647 of 31,831
Basic tips are good but I hate the vacuum they create. When I accidentally pull one side it really hurts.
Can someone recommend good bassy iem with piercing highs? I ended up selling my cca c10, they are good but not enough highs for me. Are banned qt2 good?

Good bassy iems with piercing highs thats the qt2. Bass can be messy at times. But overall a great v shape iem.

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #18,649 of 31,831
because we needed a new model like, yesterday, here's the NiceHCK NX7, 7 driver (4BA+2DD+1 ceramic driver) for usd$80?

https://twitter.com/hckexin/status/1148518197907218432

D_BbMniVAAEaZpS

D_BqYcsU8AE5_8X

Jul 9, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #18,650 of 31,831
How is the zs7 vs qt2?
ZS7 for me is far better. Superb bass, present mids with lots of detail and a smoother treble than QT2. Soundstage is as good as QT2. Very entertaining sound.

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #18,652 of 31,831
How is the zs7 vs qt2?

Zs7 have a more forward midrange, better bass control, more impactful, but highs are much less sparkly, they go for a smoother tone in the high registers, good energy but less quantity. If you are treble sensetive, you would go for zs7. If you love v shape bassy sparkly, qt2 is the way. I do think the qt2 treble is likeable, at the same time more piercing.

I personally found the qt2 bass messy, some may like it. Overall, the qt2 has an easy to like kind of balanced between high and low v-shape tuning given the peak at 10k. The zs7 is a warm sound rather than a dark sound. It does not lack treble, it just has more bass relatively and it's good quality bass. if you love your bass, your money goes here.

For me zs7 win vs qt2. But then i also hear zs10 pro is better balanced than zs7. Bright to some. I dont own them... Yet.

Ps: qt2 will hurt your ears physically and sonically at times, quite the opposite in case of zs7 surprisingly.

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #18,653 of 31,831
Looks a bit KZ to me. ZSN body multi BA iems are all the rage now.

wouldn't be surprised if NiceHCK commissioned the same factory to make it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. NiceHCK do have several outfits making stuff for them, not to mention tuners, so its a mixed bag.

Hopefully not the same dudes as the F3, was it? or H3? I forgot which was the kinda-maligned IEM model they released recently.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:11 PM Post #18,655 of 31,831
wouldn't be surprised if NiceHCK commissioned the same factory to make it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. NiceHCK do have several outfits making stuff for them, not to mention tuners, so its a mixed bag.

Hopefully not the same dudes as the F3, was it? or H3? I forgot which was the kinda-maligned IEM model they released recently.
NiceHCK gets no money from me for their own branded IEMs. I was one of those who bought the F3 planar hybrid. It sucked hard. Don’t believe their marketing, they can’t tune worth crap, or allow subpar tunings out the door. Crapshoot at best.

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #18,657 of 31,831
I rather like the NiceHCK F3
I couldn’t get it to work for me, no matter what source. It always came up short.
It’s funny, because I just got the CCA A10 and that one sounds like I hoped the F3 would’ve sounded like. Big space, great detail and very nice full bass.
The F3 needed to stay in the oven longer.

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #18,658 of 31,831
Jul 9, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #18,659 of 31,831
How is the zs7 vs qt2?
For me the ZS7 (and the ZS6) beat the QT2 in almost any regard.
Just two things that killed my fun with the QT2:
1. Bass
ZS7: fast, dry, precise, structured, no bleed worth mentioning
QT2: slow, over board, lack of structure, mushy, boomy, too much bleeding into the lower mids (for my taste).
2. Imaging
ZS7: not quite as good as the 10 Pro (very good) but close
QT2: diffuse - I initially thought that the cable, connector or one of the drivers might have been connected or soldered incorrectly (inverted phase) and checked everything but nope. Above that imaging gets really messy with busy tracks.

I really love my QT5 (personal sub-20€ favorite), but the 2s just don't cut it for me and I gave them to a friend.

Attachments

• IMG_20190708_132700-01-02.jpeg
    IMG_20190708_132700-01-02.jpeg
    282.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #18,660 of 31,831
I rather like the NiceHCK F3

NiceHCK gets no money from me for their own branded IEMs. I was one of those who bought the F3 planar hybrid. It sucked hard. Don’t believe their marketing, they can’t tune worth ****, or allow subpar tunings out the door. Crapshoot at best.

funny you both say this, since I'd say its polarizing at best? wasn't even thinking of the F3 tri-hybrid, I think there was some other IEM (maybe it was the N3) they released that people didn't really like? Its normal with chi-fi like this, the bad/mediocre gets forgotten quick.

While their earbud guys are quite good (loving the EBX, quite like the EB2 and ME80), that is still one kind of tuning being refined (and should be a different team).

they have the upper-tier models like the 10BA and 12BA stuff, hopefully the team that did those are the ones who tuned this NX7 (unlikely, but one can hope).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back