CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 9, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #16,741 of 31,831
Mar 9, 2019 at 3:48 AM Post #16,742 of 31,831
IMG_20190309_125951.jpg
Got the JC ally cable and it came with a case. Pretty nice!

Mar 9, 2019 at 4:54 AM Post #16,744 of 31,831
Mar 9, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #16,746 of 31,831
Looking for something dark with rolled off treble. Any ideas?
- KZ ATE (warm, smooth, darkish, €7)
- Nicehck EP10 (bass centric, €15)
- Nicehck Bro (darker side of neutral-ish, €15)
- ZhiYin Z5000 (rapid bass, cave like sound, huge soundstage, those latest two may sound opposed to each other, but think of it as the Zion party from The Matrix :p, €50)

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #16,750 of 31,831
Thanks!
I checked it on Ali and all TRN 8-core MMCX cables seem to have over-the-ear plastic rails, but you don't have those on the photo - did you remove yourself?

I have the same cable and Im currently using them on the same iem. Its pretty easy to cut the molds off. I used small scissors and cut down to the connector, then pulled the excess off with my hands. They are fairly decent cables for $8.

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #16,751 of 31,831
Thanks!
I checked it on Ali and all TRN 8-core MMCX cables seem to have over-the-ear plastic rails, but you don't have those on the photo - did you remove yourself?

Correct; they all come stock with ear guides. But they’re easy to remove if you’re careful. I removed the guides on most of my cables.

FastAndClean did too; if you zoom way in and look closely at his R side mmcx, you can see a small piece of leftover ear guide plastic.

It’s difficult to get those last little pieces off cleanly, so some of my cables have a similar little piece hanging on for dear life. It does hurt anything, and trying to remove it may risk damaging the cable.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #16,752 of 31,831
My review of the Nicehck N3 is up on Head-Fi and my blog. My blog will contain additional comparisons.
My conclusion is that the N3 are a polarizing set of IEMs. They are astonishingly detailed but are bright out of the box and will not appeal to treble-sensitive folks or people who need a lot of bass. However, EQ will go a long way towards correcting the N3’s cold lower midrange and strident upper midrange. The materials used in the N3’s drivers are a revelation as far as speed and detail retrieval at this price point. Build quality is great and channel matching is spectacular. Recommended with reservations.

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #16,753 of 31,831
Is there something like KZ ATE with less bass?

I'm looking for a neutral sounding IEM (not V-shaped) with a darker tone, laid back treble and bass that isn't overpowering.

If anyone can guide me to the right direction, the amount of new ChiFi IEM's are overwhelming and I need some pointers.

I come from the SoundMagic E30. Thx

Mar 9, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #16,755 of 31,831
Look for IEM's with the Westone & Shure shape. I could lay down with my old SE215's, but I've actually slept with my UM Pro 10's with no issues (side sleeping). The UM Pro 10's are the smallest IEM of this shape I know of and are unfortunately way out of your price range.

$20-25 MDK ASY is one I was looking at (they had build issues with the MDK ASK models). Supposedly non-fatigueing sound sig.
$30 Tennmak Pro dual DD. On Amazon. I had this but either had a problem with my pair or just not my signature. Way to bassy and bled into the mids. But it may work for you.
$40-50 Kinera Seed.
Thanks for the suggestions! You are right, it seems the flat shape of MDK-ASY seems more suitable for this purpose. I hope someone makes a cheaper AAW-Q :fingers_crossed:

For my ears, the Tennmak Pro fits the best, and is the most comfortable set of <$30 earphones to wear when sleeping. They also provide good isolation from noise.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ten...MCX-Earphone-with-microphone/32838652146.html

I'm looking for the same side sleeping issue and need them for tinnitus therapy at night as well (with a timer). I spotted the Advanced S2000 at around $25 on Amazon or at the Advanced-sound website. They have that flat UM /SE profile but are really thin.
The Tennmak look to thick from the pics.. Found one review here of the S2000 that has wonderful things to say for them from last year.
Only thing I noticed was that they are NOT detachable cables, but it is memory wire and braided 'no tangle' It does make the interface even smaller in the ear, and the company has a 3 year warranty. California Company too https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/wired-earphones/products/s2000
Anyway, the company looks interesting and they have a complete product line. I'm going to try the S2000 and see how they go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back