CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 13, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #15,346 of 31,831
BQ3s are comfortable all day for me the sound is excellent everwhere.
I rotate between BQ3, C10 and BA10 recently ......fun, fun, fun!

Jan 13, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #15,347 of 31,831
CCA-C10 uncompensated measurements:
C10.jpg
Listening impressions to follow soon.

Jan 13, 2019 at 7:19 PM Post #15,348 of 31,831
BQ3s are comfortable all day for me the sound is excellent everwhere.
I rotate between BQ3, C10 and BA10 recently ......fun, fun, fun!

Man.....stop praising BA10!
STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!
I don't even have a wallet! I sell my house cause of chifi! Live in a car full of iem now!

No but really.....if you hit me hard its because you love ZS5 too (v1 I guess and hope) and now I wanna know if BA10 is a good sinergy with my all time favorite DAP the DX90?????

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #15,349 of 31,831
Damn! I know I could not sell the ZS10 without loosing half my money....must find a way to love them then.

I have a question about BQ3, are they bright and too sharp in highs like the ZS6???

Noooooooo BQEYZs are smooth and dont have harsh peaks like KZs. Trebles are sparkling without sibilance, seems like their BAs are a bit better than KZs.

BQ3 are more smoothed in the treble region

Here what a Senior said.

BQ3 might be one of the best V-shaped chi-fi IEMs. Great, well textured bass with amazing kick, slam and control. Treble is perfect and not sibilant at all. The only downside is that they might have tuned the mids just a tad more prominent, but hey, that's v-shape we're talking about.

As a metalhead I mostly hate EDM but listening to Daft Punk with BQ3 is one of my guilty pleasures lately :)

I got many KZs as well, but after listening to BQEYZs, a smoothness, refinement that you cant get on KZs. If you like vocals more, try BQEYZ KB100. good bass control (only slight mid bass bleed but not like most chifi iems, still above majority of chifi including KZ), amazing mids, with a sparkle that far from sibilance (I still EQ ing trebles section on 5-6khz and 16khz a bit). Soundstage is one of the best on its class.

Jan 13, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #15,350 of 31,831
Noooooooo BQEYZs are smooth and dont have harsh peaks like KZs. Trebles are sparkling without sibilance, seems like their BAs are a bit better than KZs.

Here what a Senior said.

I got many KZs as well, but after listening to BQEYZs, a smoothness, refinement that you cant get on KZs. If you like vocals more, try BQEYZ KB100. good bass control (only slight mid bass bleed but not like most chifi iems, still above majority of chifi including KZ), amazing mids, with a sparkle that far from sibilance (I still EQ ing trebles section on 5-6khz and 16khz a bit). Soundstage is one of the best on its class.

I agree. I’m not sure who they’re getting their BAs from, but they don’t look (or sound) like any Bellsings I’ve ever seen.

Some BQEYZ BAs have copper sound nozzles, and some don’t even have any nozzles at all. And they all sound just like you described - sparkling without sibilance, and a smooth refinement. Besides high quality sound engineering/tuning, they are probably using parts that are a notch above most other budget IEM manufacturers.

I can’t wait to see what else BQEYZ has waiting in the wings. Hopefully it’s not just “as many BA drivers as possible to cram in a shell”, because that’s not some magic recipe for success and it just drives the cost up.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #15,352 of 31,831
@Nymphonomaniac I didn't like the ZS10s either. Tonally, they sound incredibly off with horrid highs and dirty mids. They really don't excel at anything and the 10 drivers are there to flaunt quantity over quality. Its value for me is the pure novelty of having 10 drivers.

Jan 14, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #15,353 of 31,831
@Nymphonomaniac I didn't like the ZS10s either. Tonally, they sound incredibly off with horrid highs and dirty mids. They really don't excel at anything and the 10 drivers are there to flaunt quantity over quality. Its value for me is the pure novelty of having 10 drivers.

You couldn't expect that at 50 USD, to also have a profit margin, they would use anything but really really entry level drivers, even if it is 10 of them :)

Still, for about 50 USD I like what I hear.

You liked T2 better? That is another ChiFi IEM that I find pretty darn great :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:24 AM Post #15,354 of 31,831
You couldn't expect that at 50 USD, to also have a profit margin, they would use anything but really really entry level drivers, even if it is 10 of them :)

BQEYZ KB100 > Tin Audio T2 > KZ ZS10 (in this case kz zs10 isnt balanced at all)

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:37 AM Post #15,355 of 31,831

If anything, the two flaws on the zs10 for me

1) too fat the shells, i wish it was just 1 or 2mm thinner like the 64 Audio stuff
2) probaby ditch dynamic driver

I say ditch the dynamic driver because mini chi-fi dynamic drivers are the lowest quality possible. I don't blame them, b/c the stuff is priced at $50 or less.

I wouldn;t say the mids are horrid like dollar store buds. I compared the mids to dt48A/E, Dt480 250 Linear I, 560 Ovation II, HD 580, DT880, DT150, K712. These generally have "passable mids"
and Roy Orbison sounded like Roy Orbison

but timbre on tablas and sitars in hindustani music, yeah its off a bit

but for modern music, it gets a pass surprisingly

chi-fi is not that great, but the 10-20k systems have their flaws too

once you go to a night club or live music event, no headphone or earphone will come close. A tickle to the eardrum vs whole body immersion

i just take it for what it is

and in the kz zs10, well they do pretty "OK" C+/B- for $50

giphy.gif

Jan 14, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #15,356 of 31,831

That really enforces what I dislike about these; I find it foolish to pay a premium for more drivers when it doesn't sound better than single driver IEMs out there that cost less.

I've listened to a lot of IEMs under $50 that I find to be better, including the T2. Hell, I'd take KZ's own ZSN over it any day of the week.

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #15,357 of 31,831
That really enforces what I dislike about these; I find it foolish to pay a premium for more drivers when it doesn't sound better than single driver IEMs out there that cost less.

I've listened to a lot of IEMs under $50 that I find to be better, including the T2. Hell, I'd take KZ's own ZSN over it any day of the week.

Oh, I see!

I would take KZ's own AS10 over ZS10 as well :)

Also, yes, there are even flagships with only one driver, like RE2000 from HIFIMAN and Beyer Xelento. More drivers need more complex crossover and make phase shifts more complicated (?)

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #15,358 of 31,831
Oh, I see!

I would take KZ's own AS10 over ZS10 as well :)

Also, yes, there are even flagships with only one driver, like RE2000 from HIFIMAN and Beyer Xelento. More drivers need more complex crossover and make phase shifts more complicated (?)

I imagine playing with crossovers are much easier than designing a DD or BA from scratch

though I've pretty much given up explaining to people why some companies take the more drivers approach, seems I can't make it simple enough for people to understand

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #15,359 of 31,831
I imagine playing with crossovers are much easier than designing a DD or BA from scratch

though I've pretty much given up explaining to people why some companies take the more drivers approach, seems I can't make it simple enough for people to understand

It is much much simpler. I wouldn't espect them to create their own.

But acoustics play a huge role in IEMs, how tubes are placed in there, and whether they are using low quality or high-quality BA :)

I understand well why companies want to go with a large number of BA drivers, and I'm sure it can sound extremely well. It just needs a lot of work and R&D to be made well :)

Jan 14, 2019 at 9:58 AM Post #15,360 of 31,831
i think it's a rebrand of the Mifo o5 pro. they even have the same tagline "make it fully optimal" on the box
the review of the mifo is good though. i almost bought it if only i think i haven't have enough TW already. also this one lacks ambient sound

I'd go with this TFZ, it's a bit cheaper than the mifo's, and looks a lot cooler. i only don't like the full name they use on this. i rather like the use the TFZ initial or their logo instead

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mif...&terminal_id=2db9e4ce8cf944689c13cfd9927783a5

A while ago TFZ X1 / MIFO O5 pro (BA driver) was mentioned here. Who might want to buy this model, there seems to be a third OEM: "Halfsun" or something like that. The BA version is currently available at Aliexpress for a good price:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/Bina...108.1000016.1.15a31a0ben1aTL&isOrigTitle=true

I have no experience with this seller and the quality of this version, but who can do without the chic blue color, will probably get this TWS a lot cheaper there.
I was also interested, but I have already the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air and today the X6 Bluetooth Headset TWS Aurora arrived. My need for TWS is covered for now, as I also have the TRN BT20.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back