CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 30, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #6,466 of 31,831
808 HLSX - blue bettes 1ba/dd hybrid
These are one of my favs

Still one of my faves too. Bought this some years back. Got one for my niece and one for my nephew. They both broke them and threw them away. Uncle was not happy. Mine are still going strong.

Jan 30, 2018 at 7:20 PM Post #6,467 of 31,831
Typically 6 to 20 days to Canada. I'd speculate not more than two weeks to the US.

Just don't bet on it.

not.gif

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #6,470 of 31,831
Im from Singapore, and everything here is expensive. Im pretty sure it is a rebranded product made elsewhere

OK, so the Versauduo Azalea is actually quire good. I was sceptical how it will sound, especially given that it's a new company from Singapore with zero product history.

I took a gamble because of the low sale price and you should have seen my look when I saw that cheap bland white cardboard box with a "tear here inscription" on the back like a Amazon bag. Then I saw the case inside with a crooked Versaudio plate on it and that didn't help although it is actually nice. Then I tried it out and wasn't sceptical anymore. It's neutral and natural sounding. The low end could be a bit tighter, but I haven't even done any tip-rolling and I am impressed for the price. Nice tone and balance, good presence of the vocals, well-extended upper treble.

It doesn't have anything really wrong or standing out of place like not being cohesive or being dry or shrill or too bassy like most cheap iems, especially hybrids, which usually have at least one really glaring flow. They definitely did some R&D and know how to tune stuff as the Azalea is apparently their first product and it's tuned really really well. For 25 bucks that's a bargain - yeah, nothing impressive about the package, no fancy magnetic flap, manuals, pictures. Maybe I should try to contact them and suggest at least a some kind of sleeve for the box.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #6,471 of 31,831
@Nymphonomaniac: thank you for your recommendation of Zhiyin Z5000.

It's the best 30€ I've spend on Aliexpress. OK, the bass is quite thick but I have the impression it tightens after some burn-in. There's also some driverflex but that's alleviated with some tip-rolling and by inserting them slowly. The one characteristic that makes all the difference to me is how EFFORTLESS this iem sounds. Most iems try too hard to impress you with their sound signature. With Z5000 you get into the music quite quickly. You forget you are wearing an iem which is after all the point of this little hobby of ours.

Keep them coming! :beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

Man this is my REAL pleasure and i'm still as addict to Z5000 than before, perhaps even more, you describe well the sound too.
AND to repeat myself, please EVERY ownder of Z5000 give a try to MEMORY FOAM TIPS with them. Nothing to risk. Lot to win perhaps as bass became less extreme and soundstage still is wide if perhaps a little less airy, anyway, air is full of bass rumbling sometime so you get better clarity for sure with Memory foam. It make these IEM even more fabulous, can call the 2in1 now.

AND AND AND, if you wanna get even more What about these supreme gem, well, I borrow the Hifiman RE2000 from a friend and from ALL my IEM just one can compare without feeling out of league to this 2000$ TOTL ''champion'', yep, you guess it right: the Z5000 and i'm focking serious.
200.gif

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #6,472 of 31,831
Im intending to pull the trigger too, anyone with good deals?

Hi! Yesterday I fell into another chinese IEM frenzy even though as a New year resolution I promised myself not to.
I bought a couple KZ (HDS3 and EDR2) and the UiiSii HM7
EDIT: sorry, sent before finishing.
Anyway, I was about to buy the Urbanfun Hybrid along with a couple more IEMs around 10$ each when I realised I could just buy a single, better one. Now I see all the fuss about Tin Audio T2 and ZhiYin Z5000, but they seem now to be both around 50-60$ on Ali, while many of you apparently paid around 30.
Can I find either of them for cheaper somehow? Did they just inflate prices once they realised they're so good?

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #6,473 of 31,831
OK, so the Versauduo Azalea is actually quire good. I was sceptical how it will sound, especially given that it's a new company from Singapore with zero product history.

I took a gamble because of the low sale price and you should have seen my look when I saw that cheap bland white cardboard box with a "tear here inscription" on the back like a Amazon bag. Then I saw the case inside with a crooked Versaudio plate on it and that didn't help although it is actually nice. Then I tried it out and wasn't sceptical anymore. It's neutral and natural sounding. The low end could be a bit tighter, but I haven't even done any tip-rolling and I am impressed for the price. Nice tone and balance, good presence of the vocals, well-extended upper treble.

It doesn't have anything really wrong or standing out of place like not being cohesive or being dry or shrill or too bassy like most cheap iems, especially hybrids, which usually have at least one really glaring flow. They definitely did some R&D and know how to tune stuff as the Azalea is apparently their first product and it's tuned really really well. For 25 bucks that's a bargain - yeah, nothing impressive about the package, no fancy magnetic flap, manuals, pictures. Maybe I should try to contact them and suggest at least a some kind of sleeve for the box.

Just got mine too. While the packaging is simple, it isn't tacky; personally I like this minimalist style. The included case is nice. Comes with medium generic tips installed and a large pair as extras. The cable is fabric on the bottom and rubbery plastic after the splitter. The silver back of the earpieces looks nice but the majority of the body is a dull black plastic that frankly looks a bit cheap. The barrel is a part of the shell and there is a tiny vent on the body near the barrel at the end of what looks like a very faint seam from the manufacturing process. With the packed in medium tips I couldn't get a seal. With the large tips the bass finally showed up. My initial impression after a couple of songs is that it's less detailed than my Trinity Vyrus but the tuning is pretty similar. I honestly haven't played with it enough to have an opinion on the sound quality worth reporting.

Jan 30, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #6,474 of 31,831
I just purchased the reasonably new Hidizs AP60 MKII DAP from Amazon and noticed that they have quite the deal price on their inexpensive IEM Hidizs EX-01. Price is $20 which is less expensive than Penon or what I could find on Aliexpress.com and they're offering a $10 off coupon for purchase. No idea how long it will last. I just ordered mine so can't comment on them until next week (I'll get them Thursday then 24 hours of pink noise and 3 days of random songs until I give them their first listen) but what few reviews I've seen seem to like them.

https://www.amazon.com/Hidizs-Earbud-Dynamic-Headphones-Control/dp/B01HBQA6DQ

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 11:57 PM Post #6,475 of 31,831
Ok, so the Versaudio Azalea is still on that pre-order sale price of $25. It does come in a small white box with just the logo and a paper with the specs stuck on the back. Inside there is a decent case with the iems and a two more pair of tips.

A bit of an old-school package with just the bare essentials. Of course, nowadays the Asian manufacturers often times provide quite the superior unboxing experience and spoiling the people, as it was just just few years ago where ine wouldn't even get a case in order for the manufacturer to keep the price as low as possible.

Anyway, this is very small and has a decent cable with the exact same dual mode mic remote as the aaw nebula two. It has one micro DD + one BA. I don't have much time for it now, but it's pretty good actually, fairly flat, smooth and neutral

Personally, packaging is not important to me at all. I rather a US$25 earphone give me US$25 worth of earphone and its absolutely necessary accessories rather than US$20 worth of earphone+bits and US$5 worth of "fluff". As long as it suffice to kept it from being damaged while being transported or stored, it doesn't matter one bit.

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:45 AM Post #6,476 of 31,831
The more time that I spend with TinAudio T2 the more I smile. The amount of details in the mid range and treble and the balance of them is simply put spot on. It gets so close to my desired sound that I'm literally getting a taste of it with T2, I am just excited to see the future of budget audio which looks spectacular from this point of view.
The things I'd like improved are sound stage (ideally it's a whole bunch wider than this), bass (which is still good for the price, just not nearly as good as the rest of the sound - going from near perfection of mid range to good-for-35$ bass is a huge difference and disjoints the overall impression) and a little bit of harshness removed when listening loudly (just a tiny bit, I suspect that it might be pushing the 6mm dynamic past its comfort zone once you cross a certain threshold).

Jan 31, 2018 at 3:45 AM Post #6,477 of 31,831
Man this is my REAL pleasure and i'm still as addict to Z5000 than before, perhaps even more, you describe well the sound too.
AND to repeat myself, please EVERY ownder of Z5000 give a try to MEMORY FOAM TIPS with them. Nothing to risk. Lot to win perhaps as bass became more extreme and soundstage still is wide if perhaps a little less airy, anyway, air is full of bass rumbling sometime so you get better clarity for sure with Memory foam. It make these IEM even more fabulous, can call the 2in1 now.

AND AND AND, if you wanna get even more What about these supreme gem, well, I borrow the Hifiman RE2000 from a friend and from ALL my IEM just one can compare without feeling out of league to this 2000$ TOTL ''champion'', yep, you guess it right: the Z5000 and i'm focking serious.
Unfortunately I dislike foam eartips very much and I don't need more bass. But as you're so convinced I'll give them a try with foams. Maybe I'll become even more a fan.

This Tesla-driver technology is quite impressive and convinces me again and again that good old dynamic drivers are the way to go if you want musicality above technicality.

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #6,478 of 31,831
Im from Singapore, and everything here is expensive. Im pretty sure it is a rebranded product made elsewhere
Judging by the build materials and the design itself, it really looks like an AAW product, so I guess it's possible that the Azalea is OEM made by AAW for Versaudio or they just worked in collaboration. The fact is that it's a pretty good iem for very little money.

Just got mine too. While the packaging is simple, it isn't tacky; personally I like this minimalist style. The included case is nice. Comes with medium generic tips installed and a large pair as extras. The cable is fabric on the bottom and rubbery plastic after the splitter. The silver back of the earpieces looks nice but the majority of the body is a dull black plastic that frankly looks a bit cheap. The barrel is a part of the shell and there is a tiny vent on the body near the barrel at the end of what looks like a very faint seam from the manufacturing process. With the packed in medium tips I couldn't get a seal. With the large tips the bass finally showed up. My initial impression after a couple of songs is that it's less detailed than my Trinity Vyrus but the tuning is pretty similar. I honestly haven't played with it enough to have an opinion on the sound quality worth reporting.

Well, there are more detailed iems out there, but the Azalea is at a very happy medium, being clear and fairly detailed, but smooth and delicate. There are a ton of other iems that go for a harsh boosted treble to increase the clarity and perceived detail and in the process start to sound less natural, lose note thickness, become too V-shaped, etc. For me the Azalea is a total winner sound-wise, especially at this price. Don't know if AAW tuned it, but it's an example of how things have to be done. unlike other manufacturers who slap few drivers in a fancy looking shell without any R&D and people jump on the hybrid train based on the number of drivers, the looks and a hunch that it might be good. And maybe one in twenty actually is not bad by pure luck on the part of the "manufacturers".

Jan 31, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #6,479 of 31,831
AND to repeat myself, please EVERY ownder of Z5000 give a try to MEMORY FOAM TIPS with them. Nothing to risk. Lot to win perhaps as bass became more extreme and soundstage still is wide if perhaps a little less airy, anyway, air is full of bass rumbling sometime so you get better clarity for sure with Memory foam. It make these IEM even more fabulous, can call the 2in1 now.

200.gif
nympho, i probably asked you this before (early dementia), but how is the isolation on the z5000?

Jan 31, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #6,480 of 31,831

200.gif

Are z5000 sensitive to cables ? I'm asking because someone mentioned here that tin audio t2 sound worse with another cables. And If it comes the day of getting a z5000 i Would save some Bucks on a KZ mmcx. Thx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back