CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 4, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #12,856 of 31,831
Not much! Taking apart isn’t always the problem either - it’s putting back together again that can be the challenge lol

Especially when there are 3 parts left over.......

Sep 4, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #12,858 of 31,831
Especially when there are 3 parts left over.......

leftover parts are good - Edited.png

Sep 4, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #12,859 of 31,831
Sep 4, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #12,860 of 31,831
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #12,861 of 31,831
Hello everyone, a question I want to buy my earphones in ear for a value of 100 dollars but I do not know what to buy. Currently from what I could see of the best reviews are Fiio F9 and Shure SE215, what would be better or what other recommendation could you give me? I am looking for the cable to be removable as much as possible so they will last as long as possible.
Id personally stay away from the F9's. I had the f9 pros they were simply unlistenable. The treble was painfully sharp, no bass and just a really uncomfortable sound if you listen at any sort of volume. And this is from someone who likes a bright trebble and a good old v signature. Beautifully made casings and cables, but shocking sound.

The trn v80s are infinitely better in my opinion in terms of sound.

Sep 4, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #12,862 of 31,831
Id personally stay away from the F9's. I had the f9 pros they were simply unlistenable. The treble was painfully sharp, no bass and just a really uncomfortable sound if you listen at any sort of volume. And this is from someone who likes a bright trebble and a good old v signature. Beautifully made casings and cables, but shocking sound.

The trn v80s are infinitely better in my opinion in terms of sound.
Hi, thanks for your response. In the end I was not convinced by the Fiio F9 or the F9 PRO because I saw them very expensive compared to the headphones mentioned here.
Buy the KZ ZS6, I hope I made a good purchase, since I read that they are infinitely better than the SHURE SE205 that are worth 100 dollars, the only thing is that I would have to buy foam memory pads because it changes the sound for good.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #12,863 of 31,831
Just had the KZ ZS6s arrive today as they were about £10 in the AliExpress sale so I thought it would be rude not to give them a try.

Well all the reviews about the treble definitely are not wrong! These are so top end heavy that there is next to no mids and a serious lack of bass. It sounds like theyve shoved all the drivers in with no crossover at all and they all just fire away full belt.

Will have to try the foam in the 'oles trick and see what difference it makes, but I think these will just be kept because they look cool. As I doubt the foam will make them much better but worth a try.

Really nice looking and solid casing though, but terrible fit for me.

But on the plus side they've saved me a small fortune from ever buying any Campfires that have this case design as they are just really uncomfortable and dont fit my ear shape at all.

I did also pick up one of the upgraded KZ silver cables with the machine ended 2 pin connectors. Really nice cable if anyone is looking for a dirt cheap upgrade.

Sep 4, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #12,864 of 31,831
Just had the KZ ZS6s arrive today as they were about £10 in the AliExpress sale so I thought it would be rude not to give them a try.

Well all the reviews about the treble definitely are not wrong! These are so top end heavy that there is next to no mids and a serious lack of bass. It sounds like theyve shoved all the drivers in with no crossover at all and they all just fire away full belt.

Will have to try the foam in the 'oles trick and see what difference it makes, but I think these will just be kept because they look cool. As I doubt the foam will make them much better but worth a try.

But on the plus side they've saved me a small fortune from ever buying any Campfires that have this case design as they are just really uncomfortable and dont fit my ear shape at all.

I did also pick up one of the upgraded KZ silver cables with the machine ended 2 pin connectors. Really nice cable if anyone is looking for a dirt cheap upgrade.
Oh man, do not tell me this :frowning2: I'm already regretting it and they still have not arrived.
What if a tip I read from many, the pads of the brand itself are garbage, do not fit perfectly and then fall or rather you stay in the ears.

Sep 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #12,865 of 31,831
Oh man, do not tell me this :frowning2: I'm already regretting it and they still have not arrived.
What if a tip I read from many, the pads of the brand itself are garbage, do not fit perfectly and then fall or rather you stay in the ears.
Don't just rely on one person's view. Every one has different sense of hearing. I also have KZ ZS6 and I like it very much. I don't hear the heavy top end and serious lack of bass as described by crezo. By the way, I'm a classical musician with very good hearing.

Sep 4, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #12,866 of 31,831

Yea, after awhile, you find some people you trust that hear similar to you. A lot of people don't hear the distortion in treble if they haven't protected their hearing at clubs or concerts. I know my girlfriend laughs at me when I put on earplugs at a club. Joke's on her! She can't hear the grainy treble in the KZ ATE. haha

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #12,867 of 31,831
Don't just rely on one person's view. Every one has different sense of hearing. I also have KZ ZS6 and I like it very much. I don't hear the heavy top end and serious lack of bass as described by crezo. By the way, I'm a classical musician with very good hearing.

There is also a biological reason, the more older you get the less you are able to hear higher frequencies due to the hairs falling off or something.

Sep 4, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #12,868 of 31,831
So apparently AB just reviewed the BQEYZ K2 which sits in the ~$50 price range and lauded them, but the real question is: are they better than the QT2?

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #12,869 of 31,831
You never know you might like them. But personally they are really not for me. Fit and sound I just really didnt like, but then everyone has different ears :wink:

Sep 5, 2018 at 3:06 AM Post #12,870 of 31,831
Also for reference I mainly listen to drum and bass, electro soul and glitch hop.

so the music I listen to is VERY much bass driven with some quite hectic multi layered drums, or bass driven but with lots of vocals and saxophones. So again certain phones sounds suit this type of music a lot more.

If you listen to pop or rock etc they woukd probably sound much better for that sort of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back