CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 25, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #31 of 31,809
Just receive some Awei ES-Q5 that I pay 3.50$ (shipping include)...in fact, I don't even want them but put a bid when I was sleepy and ''win'' it an the dealer open a ''unpaid dispute'' so I was like okay, I will not be THAT cheap.

Anyway, construction is horrifious and give me nightmare about condition of chain workers...hope Awei is cool with them. By horrifious I mean very cheap looking and wood have scracht and HOLE (!) in it, we can see glue too, and they are weirdly varnished.

You see that HOLE. What....look like earphone from the dollar store wich it is I guess, but the sound isn't that bad: brightish and mid foward but it make 15 minutes I listen to them...don't know if I will listen more than that.
Should I have bought a good beer instead of that? It can give a 30 minutes pleasure if you sip it gently....

Will NOT put it in this list. Sorry Awei.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #33 of 31,809
For sub-$10, I'm pleasantly surprised by the quality of the QKZ W1 Pro. It has a detachable cable albeit with a proprietary connection, a solid case and a comfortable design. As far as the sound, it's fairly balanced and avoids a bass-centric sound like many of the less expensive I've come across. Yes there are better sub-$30 IEMs, but sub-$10 the W1 Pro is a serious competitor.

Yeah, I was very intrigued about them too, look like their millions of ''different'' version of the W1 Pro tough, and what make me sceptikal about chinese earphones is the lack of quality check sometime so the same earphone can sound horrifious if you take it at the wrong place. I will put them in the list for sure with your little description.
You bought it at HCK store from Aliexpress right?

Cheers!

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #34 of 31,809
 Yeah, I was very intrigued about them too, look like their millions of ''different'' version of the W1 Pro tough, and what make me sceptikal about chinese earphones is the lack of quality check sometime so the same earphone can sound horrifious if you take it at the wrong place. I will put them in the list for sure with your little description.
You bought it at HCK store from Aliexpress right?

Cheers!

Top-one Wholesale Shopping Center

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #35 of 31,809

I guess there's some huge manufacturing tolerance going on in the factory - my ES-Q5 is quite well built but has got massive channel imbalance in the bass and fundamental range: 15 dB in one channel, 7 or so in the other. Sound quality is okay for $8 or so (whatever it was that I paid), but I wouldn't go over 20. The seller told me that he would send me a replacement 1.5 years ago but did not. Luckily he refunded me the money after I opened a dispute.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #37 of 31,809

I guess there's some huge manufacturing tolerance going on in the factory - my ES-Q5 is quite well built but has got massive channel imbalance in the bass and fundamental range: 15 dB in one channel, 7 or so in the other. Sound quality is okay for $8 or so (whatever it was that I paid), but I wouldn't go over 20. The seller told me that he would send me a replacement 1.5 years ago but did not. Luckily he refunded me the money after I opened a dispute.

blink.gif

LOL!
That's the same earphones than me? No strange glossy looking....is it the same wood anyway? Teinted Bamboo perhaps.
No easily heardable channel imbalance for me...sound is not dollar store quality. I think Awei have created good drivers and that the rest (construction) is a finger crossing stuff for consumer.
I'm not mad at all, sound is okay so...but if it broke in 5 days like my plextone I will be mad...the hole don't change the sound as it's already an open earphones.

Thanks for sharing this!

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #38 of 31,809
Sharing this because i'm kind and not a SPAMMER!! (look like being kind can be a form of spam but I should be less lazy and read all the rules of Headfi)

''25% Storewide Sale on MP4Nation!

Enter coupon code: 25apr16

Have we got some great news for all you MP4Nation fans from now until May 2nd enjoy 25% off across the store on MP4Nation!

Enter the above coupon code at the shopping cart stage of your checkout and enjoy 25% off storewide!

Happy Shopping!''

beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:29 PM Post #39 of 31,809
@Nymphonomaniac

Yep, same model and colour. Not as glossy/wet looking as yours, just a little (more than on my pictures in real life).

I think the somewhat different vent size and inner damping are the bottleneck with my model. Closing the vents, both sides sound identical. No good quality control at the factory. Doesn't matter though as I haven't touched this in-ear anymore since I bought it.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #40 of 31,809
Apr 26, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #43 of 31,809
Hey guys!!

I receive my aliexpress order today and got some interesting earphones (and earbuds) in it as well as the Xduoo X3 (but it is not the subject of this thread).

**** F05:

DZAT DF-10 (NICE package!)

Don't have listen to them for now and will share impressions in no long.

So excited!!

Cheers!

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:36 AM Post #45 of 31,809
Okay then,
VE Monk would be.

Look like nearly all KZ have some fans...that's a brand to follow for sure!

Waiting myself to receive some KZ right now too...it's the budget earphones supreme quest!

I begin to listen to the DZAT DF-10 with my new Xduoo X3 and it sound spaaaaacious and deliiiiiiiiiicious!
Paid 17$ include shipping, really don't regret it and I rarely seen a so nicely designed package.
Warm and airy with good bass, kind of liquid sound, laid back treble, good decay, soundstage is wiiiiiiide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back