CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 28, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #30,437 of 31,831
So I think my BL-03 may finally be on life support now. And I may soon need a hopefully sub $30 replacement...
Do remember to take them out BEFORE using a defibrillator!

You're spoilt for choice with budget releases these days. Dragonscale and Rosefinch are both new interesting options for warm tunings with lifted bass. 7Hz Salnotes Zero is a no brainer for something more neutral. 11/11 is getting pretty close too! :ksc75smile:

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:25 PM Post #30,438 of 31,831
Look at what I just received. First Impressions: Smooth as silk. How the heck can these $20 IEMs sound so good. Bass for days and well controlled to boot. The rest of the frequency band is well-balanced. Smooooooth.

IMG_0086.jpg

Sep 30, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #30,439 of 31,831
Any recommendations for some good sleep iems. I'm looking at the tanchjim tanya right now.

Used to have the sony mdr ex15ap. They sound very close to the mh755, unfortunately the reliability on them is very poor. Left side stopped working within 3 months.

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #30,440 of 31,831
Any recommendations for some good sleep iems. I'm looking at the tanchjim tanya right now.

Used to have the sony mdr ex15ap. They sound very close to the mh755, unfortunately the reliability on them is very poor. Left side stopped working within 3 months.
If you want the newer gen Chifi,
Either, HZSound WaistDrum or Astrotec Vesna

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #30,441 of 31,831

If you are considering the Tanyas then I take it captive cables are not a deal breaker?
For me personally the Final Audio thin bullet design are the most comfortable earphones I've used, can be worn cable down or up over the ear.
If you decide not to go with the Tanyas, in the same price range maybe look at the E500 or E1000.

Although I told myself I would not buy any more fixed cable IEMs I recently bought the similarly designed KBEar Little Q which I find are just as comfortable, local Amazon had them discounted to under £13/$15 so just too tempting.

Other small/thin/cheap/reasonably well reviewed IEMs to maybe look at are the older KZ ED9 and NiceHCK X49 or the new KBEAR Dumpling and CVJ Stepless to see if any produce your preferred sound signature.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #30,442 of 31,831

Back in 2016, I bought the Tennmak Pro, and they're low profile / comfortable to use while side-sleeping.
The Tennmak Official Store on AliExpress still has them available for $27 - $30 (depending on whether you get the cable with a Mic).

I've got the Rose Aurora (2017), which are also comfortable for sleeping, but they don't appear to be available any longer.

My favorite sleeping earphones are the Pizen PianoTrio (2018) - but they're also discontinued.

Oct 1, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #30,443 of 31,831
If you are considering the Tanyas then I take it captive cables are not a deal breaker?
For me personally the Final Audio thin bullet design are the most comfortable earphones I've used, can be worn cable down or up over the ear.
If you decide not to go with the Tanyas, in the same price range maybe look at the E500 or E1000.

Although I told myself I would not buy any more fixed cable IEMs I recently bought the similarly designed KBEar Little Q which I find are just as comfortable, local Amazon had them discounted to under £13/$15 so just too tempting.

Other small/thin/cheap/reasonably well reviewed IEMs to maybe look at are the older KZ ED9 and NiceHCK X49 or the new KBEAR Dumpling and CVJ Stepless to see if any produce your preferred sound signature.
I have the final e500 they protrude out of the ear too much. Sad since their sound signature is actually perfect for sleepy non-offensive listening. Similar issues with the ed9 for me. This is why I'm looking for something that has the form factor of the mh755 or Sennheiser cx series. The detachable wires is a plus but not a requirement as such if the earphones themselves are durable. Durability and form factor is primary, sound 2nd.

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 1:11 AM Post #30,444 of 31,831
If you want the newer gen Chifi,
Either, HZSound WaistDrum or Astrotec Vesna

Hmm i did not know about the Vesna, removable cable, good form factor. I might just get this. On the wishlist right now :)

Oct 1, 2022 at 1:24 AM Post #30,445 of 31,831
Back in 2016, I bought the Tennmak Pro, and they're low profile / comfortable to use while side-sleeping.
The Tennmak Official Store on AliExpress still has them available for $27 - $30 (depending on whether you get the cable with a Mic).

I've got the Rose Aurora (2017), which are also comfortable for sleeping, but they don't appear to be available any longer.

My favorite sleeping earphones are the Pizen PianoTrio (2018) - but they're also discontinued.
Anything off aliexpress is out of bounds for me now in India. Good thing I got my introductory chifi during the golden times when you still buy from aliexpress starting with the kz ate. :)

Oct 1, 2022 at 6:42 AM Post #30,447 of 31,831
Hmm i did not know about the Vesna, removable cable, good form factor. I might just get this. On the wishlist right now :)
Vesna have two version, the normal one with fixed cable and the EVO with removable cable.
the supposely sound the same but EVO is fairly pricier.
a good LCP DD in bullet form factor if you want to try that type of DD

Oct 1, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #30,448 of 31,831
Hi friend, you can't really compare graphs done by different users, who use different measuring rigs, with different eartips, with different insertion depths and different seals. These 2 graphs are also stretched differently in the axis.

Graphs are ideally compared by the same user with the same rig. They can look extremely different for the same IEM, just by varying a few of the above parameters.
Thanks for the reply mate, learned something new again :) I think I will wait for 11/11 and then buy the CCA Cra+ I think i will enjoy these IEM's.

Oct 1, 2022 at 4:53 PM Post #30,449 of 31,831
Look at what I just received. First Impressions: Smooth as silk. How the heck can these $20 IEMs sound so good. Bass for days and well controlled to boot. The rest of the frequency band is well-balanced. Smooooooth.

A follow up after listening to these since they arrived: These are the greatest steal of the century. The tuning is spot on. Bass doesn't boom but extends, vocals are up front and center, as are solo instruments, and the highs are clear. Compared to my other $20 IEMs, they are the smoothest. The Letshuoer Zeros are no slouch either. Each of the bunch do things a bit different than others but all are infinitely listenable for sure. These HBBs are well-balanced similar to the Crinacles. That is my summary statement: Well-balanced all for $20 Jeez... Why spend anything more?

When comparing these $20 IEMs with the iBasso IT01s, which are DD also, the IT01s are fuller, richer if you will. It is a subtle but clear difference just as the differences among the $20 IEMs I have. HBB and Crinacle's IEMs are subtly different but I don't feel let down by either one.

This is the heyday of budget IEMs for sure. Now, I'm going to score the Katos. I've been eyeing them for a bit. They will be my first foray into the mid-range IEMs. I started with the iBassos and now I'm hooked. The $20 will be my daily out-and-about drivers.

Damnit, this hobby is 'spensive. (My headphone collection is starring at me and I can hear them sayin', "When you gonna quit listening to dem tarts?" Heh....

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #30,450 of 31,831
Having a maximum budget of 100$ ( could stretch a few dollars more), is it preferable to get a very good IEM or a pair of IEM + DAC/AMP? I understand that the audio source is also important but i don't have much exactly much budget right now. Thanks in advance ^^
Well, I'd like to come and do an update (?) on what I ended up purchasing.
At first I was thinking of going for the Tripowin Olina, but my budget was cut by external issues and I decided it was a bad idea for me to go for something focused on treble (Thanks anyway to those who gave me clear advice, and to Carpet for helping me to better understand some of the details), so when I was able to buy a decent IEM I was just seeing that in the forum several users were furiously recommending the Reecho OVA SG-01, and they seemed to have several features I was looking for, so I went for them without hesitation (Well, in the middle of all this a friend gave me the classic Blon Bl-03, I don't think I can say anything new that hasn't already been said, but honestly I loved them and I am fond of them).

Finally days ago I got them and I have to admit I'm fascinated, they have an overall balance quite well done (or at least to my ears) with a treble in a way that pleases me, the famous higher treble zone has a remarkable control which I appreciate quite a lot because I'm quite sensitive to that area, and a rush in the air that gives space and sparkle to things. The bass I feel is kept in quite a bit of control, rumbling and noticeably so when the song calls for it. They are quite clear (clarifying, for me, I haven't had access to good Hi-Fi systems or headphones) in a way I've never felt before and even with that quite a few songs without "the best mix and mastering" what I have in my library can be enjoyed without problems. If I get around to it I will eventually do a longer review, but to summarize I am extremely pleased :)

20221001_154840_LMC.R12.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back