CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 9, 2021 at 6:40 AM Post #28,922 of 31,831
BFB (Bamboo Forest Bird) just came out with a ridiculously budget priced micro DD named BFB Nightingale and the sound is just insane! Smaller than the BFB LARK, it compliments them very well with a full-bass punch giving you a more bass focused experience without losing any bit of details and micro-details in the process.

Check them out at my link below...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-16603194

-Clear :yum::thumbsup:

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #28,923 of 31,831
How would you compare heart mirror and zax? From what I've read their sound should be pretty close. And i like zax alot. Does mirror have a better stage?

It is an apples and oranges comparison when comparing single DD to hybrids.

The Heart Mirror is a single DD and the ZAX is a multi driver hybrid behemoth. In general, the single DD types at the budget segment have better timbral accuracy and tonality, but they may lose to hybrids in technicalities (micro details, imaging, instrument separation). Different pros and cons as such.

The Heart Mirror has a small soundstage actually, that's one of its weaknesses. It is also harder to drive than the ZAX and u need an amp to really make the Heart Mirror sound good (it sounds meh from lower powered sources). The Heart Mirror's soundstage improves with amping, but even with amping, if you are looking for an IEM with huge soundstage, better look elsewhere.

The Heart Mirror has good technicalities for a single DD and has excellent timbral accuracy and also is a unique neutralish bright tuning at the budget segment (most budget gear are harmanish or V shaped).

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 10:22 AM Post #28,924 of 31,831
Great list and effort NimPHONOmaniac! 👍

In the lower price list to my ear MT1 Is very similar to EDX.
VK4 and Melody could have a place in the list.
(Which Is the fifth in the list?)🤔😉

Jade Audio ED3 ...mayby EA3 in the 30-60€ range? And I will suggest Revonext QT2 and Mele.

No KZ/CCA in the list. Do you think CCA C10/C12 and almost KZ KS10pro/ZSX or something else could be put in the list?
Many headfiers like them as fun iems.

Same price range iBasso IT00 and Shozy Form 1.1 maybe are good choice.

Upper range are out of my competence and I trust your judgement.👍 :)
Thanks mate for the suggestions, I will try to get my hands on those...so VK4 is still legit enh?
The things is...i can't suggest something I didn't listen. Oh, it seem EA3 price have change...it was selling 25$ at the time. Not sure it worth it in this price range then....will see.
This is really just the ''new'' begining of this list.
Your right, KZ ZS10Pro is still an excellent sound value, i will add it.
IT00 too can be add there, cause it seem people really like those, i find them OK but a bit too warm. hum, and my pair was defective on arrival (mmcx issue)
I plan to add Etymotic Er2xr too if it's as good as people say (but i need to buy a pair first)
For CCA or TRN....TRN BA5 might worth a place.

PS: and for the fifth....its a top-secret-not-so-secret IEM with unique hybrid combination:wink: still is legit!

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #28,925 of 31,831
NRA needs long burn in and tips and cable replacement to sound decent.

After this I've give them a better judgement.

I will compare them with the new ZEX as cheap piezo drivers in the market.
OK, thats what i was wondering...can't imagine it sound that messy...will update my impressions as soon as the sound open more, now it kinda sound like a noisy transistor radio.
Did NRA and ZEX sound super similar??

Oct 9, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #28,926 of 31,831
BFB (Bamboo Forest Bird) just came out with a ridiculously budget priced micro DD named BFB Nightingale and the sound is just insane! Smaller than the BFB LARK, it compliments them very well with a full-bass punch giving you a more bass focused experience without losing any bit of details and micro-details in the process.

Check them out at my link below...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chinese-asian-brand-iem-info-thread.820747/post-16603194

-Clear :yum::thumbsup:
OH! The graph doesn't look bad either...
1633789990480.png

Seem a well balanced V shape...
Now...its time you convince an Ali seller to get them!!
Or should I try? JIETU Audio store might wanna sell them...hes an open minded seller on Ali lol
It was the only store selling the DQSM Hermit, another very good iem under 20$...though not the most natural in timbre.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:33 PM Post #28,928 of 31,831
I like bqeyz kc2. It does male and female vocal very well for my liking. Any suggestion for upgrades? I found heart mirror vocal a bit thin sounding compared to kc2.
Yep, KC2 have very appealing mids, what a bargain really.

What come to my mind is the MOONDROP ARIA, TINHIFI T2+ ans TANCHJIM TANYA...all offer versatile beautifull well bodied vocal performance, Aria is cleanest, T2+ thickest and TANYA bassiest

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #28,929 of 31,831
It is an apples and oranges comparison when comparing single DD to hybrids.

The Heart Mirror is a single DD and the ZAX is a multi driver hybrid behemoth. In general, the single DD types at the budget segment have better timbral accuracy and tonality, but they may lose to hybrids in technicalities (micro details, imaging, instrument separation). Different pros and cons as such.

The Heart Mirror has a small soundstage actually, that's one of its weaknesses. It is also harder to drive than the ZAX and u need an amp to really make the Heart Mirror sound good (it sounds meh from lower powered sources). The Heart Mirror's soundstage improves with amping, but even with amping, if you are looking for an IEM with huge soundstage, better look elsewhere.

The Heart Mirror has good technicalities for a single DD and has excellent timbral accuracy and also is a unique neutralish bright tuning at the budget segment (most budget gear are harmanish or V shaped).
Any particular IEM under 50 dollars that you would recommend for its large soundstage? I really enjoy the kz zsr and have the **** arriving next week

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #28,930 of 31,831
Any particular IEM under 50 dollars that you would recommend for its large soundstage? I really enjoy the kz zsr and have the **** arriving next week
KZ DQ6, its soundstage is unrivaled, until we get to the 300 usd range and even then it is above average.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #28,931 of 31,831
OH! The graph doesn't look bad either...

Seem a well balanced V shape...
Now...its time you convince an Ali seller to get them!!
Or should I try? JIETU Audio store might wanna sell them...hes an open minded seller on Ali lol
It was the only store selling the DQSM Hermit, another very good iem under 20$...though not the most natural in timbre.
Oops!..Forgot to add the FR graph! I'll go ahead and add it to the page.:thumbsup:

About the BFB company,
I've been trying to convince them to sell them through Aliexpress for the longest time now, but they are not willing to do so yet. My hunch could be that they're such a young company that maybe they want to gain popularity in China and Asia first before selling overseas...Who knows.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:44 PM Post #28,932 of 31,831
KZ DQ6, its soundstage is unrivaled, until we get to the 300 usd range and even then it is above average.

Never heard anyone else claim this. DQ6 was the least impressive of all the KZ I've bought. Its enjoyable for pop and rock. That was about it.

GK10 and ZAX are both miles better for soundstage, even on stock cables.

Oct 9, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #28,933 of 31,831
Nothing that affordable. The Final A4000 will get you in the game, but for more like $140.00.

Oct 9, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #28,934 of 31,831
Never heard anyone else claim this. DQ6 was the least impressive of all the KZ I've bought. Its enjoyable for pop and rock. That was about it.

GK10 and ZAX are both miles better for soundstage, even on stock cables.
I gotta a/b test later, but DQ6 stage is very good, let alone for the price. Even if my unit of GK10 surpasses it, should be real close..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back