CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 30, 2021 at 8:41 PM Post #28,816 of 31,831
Must admit, I never found the Heart Mirror all that bright and felt if anything tips smoothed out the sound more than cables. I remember a balanced cable thinned it out a bit too much tho when I last tried. the Hart is one of those iems you can enjoy more at moderate volumes imo
Agree.. HM teach us that good sounds can come without having to crank out volume to sound loud.. And it sound balanced that way. HM is 'dare to be different'.

Mind that, with IEM that have more bass than mid and treble, usually I tend to crank up volume to make the mid come out.

Sep 30, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #28,817 of 31,831
Agree.. HM teach us that good sounds can come without having to crank out volume to sound loud.. And it sound balanced that way. HM is 'dare to be different'.

Mind that, with IEM that have more bass than mid and treble, usually I tend to crank up volume to make the mid come out.
This, so much this.
"Unbalanced" cause me to crack up the volume just to hear certain aspect of the song clearer.
Imagine that i used to do that with KZ ZS5, it might cause some ear damage.

The ol Tin T2, while smooth sound didn't interest me back then when i audition it.
But i was genuinely surprised how effortless it is to make hear "all" the sound. No need to crack up the volume, it just there.

Aria is also freakin awesome in that aspect. All the sound, details, and still thumpy and crips when needed.
Its somewhat a bit borderline bassy, but it didn't cover other sound. Crips without being harsh.
But yeah, you could feel the vocal take a step back in posisitoning as the mild u/v/harman(?) sound sig.

I need to do some tip rolling tough the current tip is moving the image together close to the center.
Personally, i would like the vocal take a step forward in imaging or give it slightly more meat/weight. then it would be perfect.

Sep 30, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #28,818 of 31,831
Just a quick answer: there are no "endgames" in this hobby, rather the quest for more.

Those who can do with one IEM do not pose such questions.

Let us know in a year whether Monarch become the "endgame" :)

Received Monarch, out of the box, I can say it's flawless... this is really the "endgame" IEM for me.

I was so surprised, it's just like TFZ Tequila, KBear Believe, and Periodic Audio Be meshed up together to create harmony...

I was so surprised that it can handle any genre. Even KBear Believe and TFZ Tequila, there are some songs that just don't agree with those two.

Imaging is top-notch, the best so far I heard from any IEM, well-executed treble, even for some song that can be sibilance in KBear Believe (Savage by ACE), Mid - just tuned right not in your face and not too far behind also, just beautiful, Bass - great sub-bass, really hit when it needs the BOOM.

Sound staging and 3D presentation... It is just like having a personal stage, it’s like having your favorite artist singing next to you. Since imaging and layering is top notch, it is just like watching a concert where you sit right in the center of the concert. I LOVE it much.

It is a big IEM though, the same size as CA16. I guess 6 months saving really paid off.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 10:41 PM Post #28,819 of 31,831
This, so much this.
"Unbalanced" cause me to crack up the volume just to hear certain aspect of the song clearer.
Imagine that i used to do that with KZ ZS5, it might cause some ear damage.

The ol Tin T2, while smooth sound didn't interest me back then when i audition it.
But i was genuinely surprised how effortless it is to make hear "all" the sound. No need to crack up the volume, it just there.

Aria is also freakin awesome in that aspect. All the sound, details, and still thumpy and crips when needed.
Its somewhat a bit borderline bassy, but it didn't cover other sound. Crips without being harsh.
But yeah, you could feel the vocal take a step back in posisitoning as the mild u/v/harman(?) sound sig.

I need to do some tip rolling tough the current tip is moving the image together close to the center.
Personally, i would like the vocal take a step forward in imaging or give it slightly more meat/weight. then it would be perfect.
If you live in around Jakarta / greater Jakarta area, when Covid have been tamed down... we might could meet :)
You could listen to my Heart Mirror and I could listen to your Aria...

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:16 PM Post #28,820 of 31,831
If you live in around Jakarta / greater Jakarta area, when Covid have been tamed down... we might could meet :)
nice, I wish I could go to Jakarta, what I heard now is Indonesia is the safest country in Asia to visit due to previous COVID ravaging Indonesia, 80% of the population got COVID and now you guys have herd immunity. Would love to go to Bali!

did you guys buy all the IEM via Aliexpress in Indonesia, or does Indonesia have IEM storefronts?
I heard Indonesian custom is notorious for stealing small electronics

Oct 1, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #28,821 of 31,831
I'm currently in Jabodetabek, when covid tamed down. Maybe we could go have audition in CSI Kasei store together.
Backthen when i'm in Jogja, we have "YourEarPartner store" for sub $100 chifi that we could audition. Sadly covid take them down.

Oct 1, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #28,822 of 31,831
nice, I wish I could go to Jakarta, what I heard now is Indonesia is the safest country in Asia to visit due to previous COVID ravaging Indonesia, 80% of the population got COVID and now you guys have herd immunity. Would love to go to Bali!

did you guys buy all the IEM via Aliexpress in Indonesia, or does Indonesia have IEM storefronts?

Before like two years ago, we have no import tax for item under $50 from china. Its happy days for chifi lovers.
But now its lowered to under $5, since it kinda kill local products.

You could import from aliexpress, but if you want it the easy way, some ali express store also have local online store in shoppee or lazada. You could buy stuff from them and all the procedural is handled by the online store.

Indonesia is a bit behind in online store adoption, since backthen when ebay start to pops out, the local college student do "carding/credit card fraud" Enmasse causing Indonesia being blacklisted by international online store.
One senior in local anime group points out his friends manage to get rolexes through carding. Hell, one legend state that his friend manage to order chopper but got stuck in singapore custom and didn't manage to get into indonesia.

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:06 AM Post #28,823 of 31,831
Received Monarch, out of the box, I can say it's flawless... this is really the "endgame" IEM for me.

I was so surprised, it's just like TFZ Tequila, KBear Believe, and Periodic Audio Be meshed up together to create harmony...

I was so surprised that it can handle any genre. Even KBear Believe and TFZ Tequila, there are some songs that just don't agree with those two.

Imaging is top-notch, the best so far I heard from any IEM, well-executed treble, even for some song that can be sibilance in KBear Believe (Savage by ACE), Mid - just tuned right not in your face and not too far behind also, just beautiful, Bass - great sub-bass, really hit when it needs the BOOM.

Sound staging and 3D presentation... It is just like having a personal stage, it’s like having your favorite artist singing next to you. Since imaging and layering is top notch, it is just like watching a concert where you sit right in the center of the concert. I LOVE it much.

It is a big IEM though, the same size as CA16. I guess 6 months saving really paid off.
Are you speaking about Tieaudio Monarch?

If yes I've see It on sale for e. 780 or usd 730...It don't looks me a "budget" sub 100 earphone.

I don't have so much money to spend for an iem but understand what someone can do for passion.

I think this is a good reason for many of us to buy many cheap earphone time by time looking for the best compromise quality/value.

Honestly for this price I want Callas and Ozzy came out to sing me a Christmas Song...: :xf_cool:

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #28,824 of 31,831
I'm currently in Jabodetabek, when covid tamed down. Maybe we could go have audition in CSI Kasei store together.
Backthen when i'm in Jogja, we have "YourEarPartner store" for sub $100 chifi that we could audition. Sadly covid take them down.
You are lucky to have stores with good choice of earphone you may audition :)

In Italy I don't know any store that give this possibility and in the italian stores I've never see the earphones we talk in this tread but Sony, JBL and similar notorious brands or many others very crappy iems on sale at inflated price.

I'll have to buy and hope on AliExpress, our import free tax limit is e.22.

This is the reason I find all yours reviews, impressions and recommendations really precious to me. :)))

Thank's all guys!

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2021 at 5:23 AM Post #28,825 of 31,831
Are you speaking about Tieaudio Monarch?

If yes I've see It on sale for e. 780 or usd 730...It don't looks me a "budget" sub 100 earphone.

I don't have so much money to spend for an iem but understand what someone can do for passion.

I think this is a good reason for many of us to buy many cheap earphone time by time looking for the best compromise quality/value.

Honestly for this price I want Callas and Ozzy came out to sing me a Christmas Song...: :xf_cool:
Exactly why I keep my budget under 150, honestly 70 bucks is enough for a good pair.
Got these reecho SG-03 for 70 and I feel they are perfect for bass heads, paid 70 for my starfield used, sound amazing... Just ordered a pair of er2xr for about 65, all that talk about diminishing returns and I have met alot of executives, studied enough economics to realize its all marketing. But people get excited and beleive some iem is actually worth 1000+ for CA iems, (that I have understood have very poor qc and there ceo seems fairly slimy) then they listen with through some overpriced astell player (as far as I remember they don't have very good output impedance so would colour iems in a bad way) but that's the world we live in.

I will stick to buying used under 100 iems every few years.

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:25 AM Post #28,826 of 31,831
Exactly why I keep my budget under 150, honestly 70 bucks is enough for a good pair.
Got these reecho SG-03 for 70 and I feel they are perfect for bass heads, paid 70 for my starfield used, sound amazing... Just ordered a pair of er2xr for about 65, all that talk about diminishing returns and I have met alot of executives, studied enough economics to realize its all marketing. But people get excited and beleive some iem is actually worth 1000+ for CA iems, (that I have understood have very poor qc and there ceo seems fairly slimy) then they listen with through some overpriced astell player (as far as I remember they don't have very good output impedance so would colour iems in a bad way) but that's the world we live in.

I will stick to buying used under 100 iems every few years.
I would rather have a lot of cheap earphones with different tuning then one expensive one.

Oct 1, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #28,827 of 31,831

:D, I'm not sure with the label of "safest country..." 80% is just prediction / statistic prediction... hopefully it is really herd immunity.

welcome to Bali... or Yogya, or many other places here... really is there's so many good place to see here... and if you have strong stomach, it's food heaven here... every part of this country has their own local excellent and unique cuisine...

I don't know about stealing... but I never lost any electronics shipped from AE. I only lost twice and strangely both are pillows :D. One being therapeutic pillow and the other one is a doll pillow (Japanese cat anime character)...

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:02 AM Post #28,828 of 31,831
Before like two years ago, we have no import tax for item under $50 from china. Its happy days for chifi lovers.
But now its lowered to under $5, since it kinda kill local products.

You could import from aliexpress, but if you want it the easy way, some ali express store also have local online store in shoppee or lazada. You could buy stuff from them and all the procedural is handled by the online store.

Indonesia is a bit behind in online store adoption, since backthen when ebay start to pops out, the local college student do "carding/credit card fraud" Enmasse causing Indonesia being blacklisted by international online store.
One senior in local anime group points out his friends manage to get rolexes through carding. Hell, one legend state that his friend manage to order chopper but got stuck in singapore custom and didn't manage to get into indonesia.
yes, local card fraud was very bad... my cards refused by some stores back then... Luckily I was long member of Amazon and they still trust me. Back when Qudelix 5K wasn't available locally yet, I got mine from Amazon US instead of from Qudelix Korea. Amazon sale price make it cheaper + backed up by fair no-hassle brokeraged custom and safer shipment right to your door. While for ebay, I tend to use PayPal for the safety.

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:31 AM Post #28,829 of 31,831
I would rather have a lot of cheap earphones with different tuning
When I accidentally started this hobby in early 2020, I also think that I would have many cheap iems with different tuning so I can find the most suitable sound signature for me and to understand the terms members are using.

After having some iems/earbuds with price ranging few dollars to hundreds dollar, personally I do not think the more expensive iem, the better or more match iem will be to my preference, i.e. I find my CCA CKX is more fun than my LZ A7. BTW, as of now my most favorite iem, ISN EST50, is my most expensive iem.

Oct 1, 2021 at 6:33 AM Post #28,830 of 31,831
every part of this country has their own local excellent and unique cuisine...
I miss Indonesian food very much. Really hope covid will disappear soon so we can be back to our previous normal life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back