CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 29, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #28,801 of 31,831
Did you really just ask that on Head-fi of all places 😉?!

yah he went there :smile: He is yet to become like the rest of us sick bastards, like heroine addicts jonesing for a hit and willing to do anything for a new piece of gear to satiate the ear daemon's demands, no matter how briefly. :smiling_imp:

"but that's not me! that's not .. me... !? " 😂😂😂

** runs away, laughing maniacally louder and louder in the distance **

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #28,802 of 31,831
Killer combination: Heart Mirror with TRI Grace-S cable (balanced 2.5mm) out of Xduoo X20 DAP. Huge improvement in soundstage and layering and wonderful extension in treble.
Silver is better than copper, with Heart Mirror ?

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #28,803 of 31,831
I recommend copper cable to make it a bit warmer if you're sensitive with brighter IEMs.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #28,804 of 31,831
Thanks.
I will try differents cables.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #28,805 of 31,831
Some find the Heart Mirror a bit bright and use a copper cable to moderate the high frequencies, but I am not treble sensitive and appreciate the extra detail and air a silver cable can provide. YMMV, of course!

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #28,806 of 31,831
Killer combination: Heart Mirror with TRI Grace-S cable (balanced 2.5mm) out of Xduoo X20 DAP. Huge improvement in soundstage and layering and wonderful extension in treble.
Agree with you for soundstage and extension in treble, with Kbear limpide cable, out of AP80 pro.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #28,808 of 31,831
Are there chi-fi brands with narrow nozzles like Nuforce, Westone or Shure?
I only know the DT300 and others from the manufacturer Audiosense.
I have the ADVANCED MODEL 3 high resolution MMCX in-ear Monitors (in black).

They have 6mm micro drivers on each side and definitely great sounding!
Don't forget to check out the reviews and where to purchase at the link below...

61IgmIYt6cL._AC_SL1200_.jpg61H4lGB99PL._AC_SL1200_.jpgAdvance Model 3M.jpg

You can check them out at the link below...
https://www.amazon.com/Advanced-Headphones-Earphones-Musician-Detachable/dp/B07FYQ5KP2/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=advanced+model+3&qid=1632934734&sr=8-2&th=1

Hope this helps...

-Clear

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #28,809 of 31,831
Agree with you for soundstage and extension in treble, with Kbear limpide cable, out of AP80 pro.
Yes, I tried the Limpid Pro as well, with similar results.

Sep 29, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #28,810 of 31,831
yah he went there :smile: He is yet to become like the rest of us sick bastards, like heroine addicts jonesing for a hit and willing to do anything for a new piece of gear to satiate the ear daemon's demands, no matter how briefly. :smiling_imp:

"but that's not me! that's not .. me... !? " 😂😂😂

** runs away, laughing maniacally louder and louder in the distance **
😂😂😂
The ear demon got me!

An NRA appears in my house....

Now It is burning in...Waiting for the esorcist I've try to tame her trebble with foam tips and I've bounded the beast with TNR 8 core silver plated.

But I don't belive I'm safe!

(SpaceOperaVillain you are great) :) LOL

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #28,812 of 31,831
"Dear Lord, i have sinned.
I've been saving money to buy Trip Mele, keep saying i wanna buy one, but after the money comes i saw 4 month old second hand Moondrop aria at the same price and i choose to buy Aria instead...
Forgive me Lord."
Your audio God: May you be forgiven😇

Sep 30, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #28,813 of 31,831
After using Tanya which is mighty fine for the price for over a month, moving to Aria... Technicality oh sweet technicality.
And its much smaller than i thought. the image makes it seems to be CSN sized iems.
I need to do some tip rolling, the previous owner give it extra tip, not sure what it was but the image now gathered in the center.
--
In retrospect, years of using M40x which i bought simply due many audio sites recomendation because its "neutral" apparently sets my bass quantity expectation to be lower than i thought.
If Mele have more bass quantity than Aria, it might be borderline from too much bass for me.

I was surprised when one points out the "bassless" HeartMirror and Starsea only have slightly less bass compared to M40x.

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #28,814 of 31,831
Another reason I like Aria so much, is how I just insert it into my ear and the sound is always perfect, no need to push or twist or adjust. First time I have that with an iem.

Sep 30, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #28,815 of 31,831
Some find the Heart Mirror a bit bright and use a copper cable to moderate the high frequencies, but I am not treble sensitive and appreciate the extra detail and air a silver cable can provide. YMMV, of course!
Must admit, I never found the Heart Mirror all that bright and felt if anything tips smoothed out the sound more than cables. I remember a balanced cable thinned it out a bit too much tho when I last tried. the Hart is one of those iems you can enjoy more at moderate volumes imo

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back