CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 12, 2021 at 1:33 AM Post #27,556 of 31,831
It's a problem with the USB debugging of the galaxy s10e! I get sound once I restart, but the problem pop up after sometime! Then I noticed that my phone is exceptionally slow when I turn on the debugging. So it's a no no rn. I use the Sonata HD Pro with my MacBook pro exclusively now.
ahhh those time... plugging your IEM to your phone... I stopped doing that after I got my BTR5...

Without BTR5, no listening....

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:18 AM Post #27,557 of 31,831
For anyone wondering about the Moondrop Aria I just posted my review (with video).

DSC01888_result.jpg

Apr 12, 2021 at 6:59 AM Post #27,558 of 31,831
I know it's quite OT in this thread, but may I ask you which driving problems exactly do you have with S10e? Because I own the same smartphone and I am experiencing similar issues with Hidizs S9, so I would be curious to check if they could be related to output power of usb-c port.

To get back in topic, I just received Smabat NCO. I have been listening for very little time with them, first impression is that bass is too much in evidence for my tastes, but I will wait for more detailed comments.
It might be different problem but on topic on USB-DAC dongle,
per my experience with Dragonfly Red with my Redmi note 5 ai, Smartphone USB output power delivery could have problem overtime.

I've been using my phone with Dragonfly Red for quite some time. Then one day, my phone simply suddenly wont be able to power my Dragonfly.
I tried the DFR with my PC and other smartphone, the dragonfly still running fine.
I check my phone and it still charge and have normal battery life. but it simply couldn't power my Dragonfly through my phone USB.
One of my IEM shop (Jaben) note, it could be the smartphone power output went down. it tried to replace my phone usb slot, it didn't have effect.

i ended buying BTR5 to replace my DFR and i thank my phone for breaking down on me.
I run it through bluetooth and its already pretty damn great, its DFR feels veiled compared to the clear BTR5.
after i change my phone and run the btr5 through usb dongle, obviously it sound even better.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #27,559 of 31,831
For anyone wondering about the Moondrop Aria I just posted my review (with video).

DSC01888_result.jpg
Hey, thanks for your review. How would you rate them against SSP and SSR? Appreciate if you can help me here.

Apr 12, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #27,560 of 31,831
Hey, thanks for your review. How would you rate them against SSP and SSR? Appreciate if you can help me here.
I love both the SSR and SSP but IMO the Aria is on another level. The SSR, in particular, offers exceptional value but compared with higher-priced IEMs it starts to look more ordinary. Having said that, the SSR and SSP shells are some of my all-time favourites!

Apr 12, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #27,561 of 31,831
I love both the SSR and SSP but IMO the Aria is on another level. The SSR, in particular, offers exceptional value but compared with higher-priced IEMs it starts to look more ordinary. Having said that, the SSR and SSP shells are some of my all-time favourites!
Thanks for your impressions. I'm contemplating a Moondrop IEM but am torn between Aria and SSR/SSP but want to be somewhat confident about Aria before splurging the additional $30.

Apr 13, 2021 at 2:39 AM Post #27,563 of 31,831
I also got the TC-01 about a week ago. Not feeling any love for them here. I find the soundstage to be really small, which makes everything sound congested and unnatural. I don't find the bass to be particularly textured or controlled.
Overall not find them engaging.
Only have about 60 hours on them so far, so may improve, but not holding out much hope.

Apr 14, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #27,565 of 31,831
Another arrival: Whizzer Kylin HE01.
A quick test revealed a very detailed and transparent sound with fast transients. Very promising.

Attachments

• IMG_20210414_124221.jpg
    IMG_20210414_124221.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #27,566 of 31,831
A quick test revealed a very detailed and transparent sound with fast transients. Very promising.

What a coincidence! I was waiting (impatiently) for Aria to be available at sellers in my country.

And upon further "research" I decided to just go ahead with the already-available HE01 😅.

Got my hands on them just yesterday, and brief listening shows them to be very promising. Punchy bass, detailed treble. Will have to listen more carefully today.

My experience: BL03 (mesh removed), Lark, SSR, Starsea, FA1, (not to mention the few cheap KZ that I think not worth to mention :p)

Edit: you seem to received the old version with the preformed ear hook though. They removed that from later batches.

IMG_20210415_082155.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:09 PM Post #27,567 of 31,831
looks so nice...

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2021 at 10:12 PM Post #27,568 of 31,831
I also got the TC-01 about a week ago. Not feeling any love for them here. I find the soundstage to be really small, which makes everything sound congested and unnatural. I don't find the bass to be particularly textured or controlled.
Overall not find them engaging.
Only have about 60 hours on them so far, so may improve, but not holding out much hope.

After I got KBear KS1, I quickly placed my TC01 in a no touch drawer...

Will bring it out for trips where abuse is 99%.

Apr 15, 2021 at 1:22 AM Post #27,569 of 31,831
Is there a set for ~30-40$ with the following features:
-great for EDM
-lively and fun engaging sounding
-good bass (but bot basshead, I already have such)
-great mids for vocals
-for a treble sensitive person - these s, sh, and other shouty sibilant stuff are bullets to my brain....
-over-ear, no MMCX

(optional great soundstage)

Still searching for such IEM to say "wow" and stop buying :)

Apr 15, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #27,570 of 31,831
Is there a set for ~30-40$ with the following features:
-great for EDM
-lively and fun engaging sounding
-good bass (but bot basshead, I already have such)
-great mids for vocals
-for a treble sensitive person - these s, sh, and other shouty sibilant stuff are bullets to my brain....
-over-ear, no MMCX

(optional great soundstage)

Still searching for such IEM to say "wow" and stop buying :)
KZ DQ6!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back