CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:33 AM Post #22,606 of 31,831
Hey bro, i see you have the Starfield! They kinda get praise everywhere....

Can you tellme what kinda sound they deliver???
Yup, I'm still drafting my review. Will let you know soon how they sound.

Hope I can finish them by the end of this week.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 1:40 PM Post #22,607 of 31,831
im not sure if it's a defective unit, or if i did something to it, but my right shell looks dinged up in like 3 places. i noticed it within the first week, but not early enough to tell if it came like that, or if i accidentally did it.

a seperate issue is that the other earpiece, the left one, keeps occasionally going silent. it's happened three times over the past week, which is enough to make me stop using them. it's upsetting 'cause i quite liked the sound signature. again with this problem, I can't tell if it's due to a defective unit or something I did accidentally. i had been using them as my daily drivers for a few weeks before this started happening and while i do keep iems in a case when im not using them, my daily drivers do get treated very heavily.

Sound cutting could be mmcx connection issue. Either way, no, its not normal that iem go defective after few weeks of heavy use. I beat the crap out of my iem and they dont break. So we have about 8 defective case until the begining of my investigation.

Jan 10, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #22,608 of 31,831
Yup, I'm still drafting my review. Will let you know soon how they sound.

Hope I can finish them by the end of this week.

what....you cant share first sound impressions before your Review isnt publish?(not joke)

Have you signed a Confidentiality contract....are you been taken as a chifi hostage and will only be release if you publish your review? (joke)

Jan 10, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #22,609 of 31,831
what....you cant share first sound impressions before your Review isnt publish?(not joke)

Have you signed a Confidentiality contract....are you been taken as a chifi hostage and will only be release if you publish your review? (joke)
Nah hahaha.

Well, they are pretty balanced sounding for me. It has a decent amount of bass but still loaded with a lot of micro details than all of my single DD IEMs.
Bass is pretty deep and punchy but still in the tight area. The decay and speed is not too slow nor too fast. If you want them to rumble, they can do that too.
In term of zoundstage, they are spacious and airy with good depth & width. I hope i wasn't exaggerating that it almost to the same level as listening to an open back earphone.
The treble is sparkly yet smooth, which is far than the EA3's aggresive treble.
The Mids is still slightly forward from the mix without any mid-bass bleed. Vocal is lush and sweet to me.

Dynamic range, Instruments separation & layering are excellent in this, as I can hear each instrument playing without getting mixed. And last but not least, natural timbre.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #22,610 of 31,831
... 8 defective case until the begining of my investigation.
Really a need for investigation into TRN quality after all those cables (and doing nothing about it), stock tips jumping out of IEMs - TRN X6 (and it is perfectly OK as far as TRN is concerned)?

Would not it be more logical to completely avoid TRN (my simple choice), given that there are so many companies ardently competing in ChiFi?

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #22,611 of 31,831
Really a need for investigation into TRN quality after all those cables (and doing nothing about it), stock tips jumping out of IEMs - TRN X6 (and it is perfectly OK as far as TRN is concerned)?

Would not it be more logical to completely avoid TRN (my simple choice), given that there are so many companies ardently competing in ChiFi?
spock.gif

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:35 PM Post #22,612 of 31,831

That’s what I do.

Every new release seems promising, but then reports start rolling in of driver failures, soldering screwups, phase problems, shells falling apart, etc.

I give up, and just hope that maybe the next release will be the one.

The only one that seems somewhat ok is the V90.

Jan 10, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #22,613 of 31,831
Maybe I was lucky but i had v80, and have v90 and recent BA5 without any problem. Oh the right unit 2 pin connector is a bit shaky but still safe so far. But yeah they need to improve their quality and QC

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #22,615 of 31,831

yep, logical conclusion

but it's emotional driven as well (underneath it all),

thus I went the "illogical" non "common sense" (common sense is most of the time false or not "fact" anyway)

so let's see how the second pair will turn out of the TRN V90.

The strange thing with the V90 is, that it "healed itself" strangely for whatever reason

the right side would keep lowering its volume level after several hours or just one hour, whether with silicon tips, foam tips, etc.

but now with foam tips (after having used silicon tips and experimenting with steps) and fruitlessly blowing on the nozzle several times and having caused a driver flex in the process

it seems to work flawlessly ...

Perhaps it just needed some kind of "burn in" in whatever shape or form that may have been *fingers crossed*

Jan 10, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #22,616 of 31,831
That’s what I do.

Every new release seems promising, but then reports start rolling in of driver failures, soldering screwups, phase problems, shells falling apart, etc.

I give up, and just hope that maybe the next release will be the one.

The only one that seems somewhat ok is the V90.

yeah, the V90, according to Kopi O'Kaya is devoid or at least not strongly biased towards QC or other issues

can confirm after a temporary time of weird issues, *knock on wood* that it stays that way.

The BA5 seems to have gotten improvements to deal with humidity (?) related issues and should be better now from what I read.

As already mentioned (in this thread ?) the V90 also seem to have gotten improvements,

it's still in transit, let's see when it arrives ...

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #22,617 of 31,831
Endgame is awaiting anyway, and if there are no ill reports from the Shuoer Singer I might save up and get them - that'll be the end for this (rather short) audiophile quest for the "ultimate" sound with soundstage, detail, etc. and perhaps the start towards DAC, DAP, etc. journeys

way too many rabbit holes :disappointed_relieved:

Jan 10, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #22,618 of 31,831
Endgame is awaiting anyway, and if there are no ill reports from the Shuoer Singer I might save up and get them - that'll be the end for this (rather short) audiophile quest for the "ultimate" sound with soundstage, detail, etc. and perhaps the start towards DAC, DAP, etc. journeys

way too many rabbit holes :disappointed_relieved:

images.jpg

The Shuoer Singer looks interesting for sure, I'm not sure if it is a Estat driver or just an Electret. It is is a legit Estat driver, that is seriously an amazing price for sub $100 USD.

Though the long wording on the shell is a bit ugly, but I'm definitely waiting for early impressions/review on the Singer.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #22,619 of 31,831
TRN has really bummed me out also.... I think my BA5s are defective also, at least I hope so because I can’t get them close to reasonable listening for me. Zero low end, I tried tips, cables, mojo even is no go!
The IM1 is my favorite and the V90 after but all the other great configurations and sharp looking shells just don’t fly and I’m done with them until we get “a golden child”!

The BA5 has maybe my favorite shell color, look, feel, fit but they sound crappy.
I’m gonna change teams to Shuoer! The “Tape” is incredible sounding the “H27” confirmed to me they tune just fine. The 2 Knowles BAs and DD bring my low end preference and details “abundamento“! Its balanced sounding without the boring part..lol..and fun to listen to!

Anybody get TRI I3 yet? Its over $100 but the I4 is spot on with great imaging so I’m looking forward to impressions on the I3. Anybody???:L3000:

Jan 10, 2020 at 11:53 PM Post #22,620 of 31,831
TRN has really bummed me out also.... I think my BA5s are defective also, at least I hope so because I can’t get them close to reasonable listening for me. Zero low end, I tried tips, cables, mojo even is no go!
The IM1 is my favorite and the V90 after but all the other great configurations and sharp looking shells just don’t fly and I’m done with them until we get “a golden child”!

The BA5 has maybe my favorite shell color, look, feel, fit but they sound crappy.
I’m gonna change teams to Shuoer! The “Tape” is incredible sounding the “H27” confirmed to me they tune just fine. The 2 Knowles BAs and DD bring my low end preference and details “abundamento“! Its balanced sounding without the boring part..lol..and fun to listen to!

Anybody get TRI I3 yet? Its over $100 but the I4 is spot on with great imaging so I’m looking forward to impressions on the I3. Anybody???:L3000:

TRI I3 is amazing IEM. Some of my impressions can be found in TRI i3 dedicated thread.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/tri-earphone-impressions-currently-i4-and-i3.921113/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back