CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 5, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #22,457 of 31,831
CCA and KZ could become the best audio company in the world and I still wouldn't care. :wink: I bought 15 of their iems and they were all generally terrible (compared to the ones in my sig). I've rather listen to terrible iems from other companies now.

With that being said, I just heard the TRN BA5 uses the same components as the KZ AS06 and that scares me. I think they're probably best friends... but I'm trying to stay away from KZ-like components. But, some people seem to like the BA5 and it's always priced well. $40USD right now.

FYI

TRN was started by ex-KZ audio engineers (the ones that do the design and tuning) that had been there for years and years.

So you’re basically just buying the same stuff you hate so much (KZ), only with a different name (TRN).

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:25 PM Post #22,459 of 31,831
FYI

TRN was started by ex-KZ audio engineers (the ones that do the design and tuning) that had been there for years and years.

So you’re basically just buying the same stuff you hate so much (KZ), only with a different name (TRN).
It's actually the KZ sound that is irritating. If they use the same components it's possible that it'll same the same to me. Yes, tuning is different... I'm willing to buy the V90/BA5 and give them a 2nd shot.

I'm willing to give TRN a try again as the V20 sounded good but was a waste as it was only for blues/folk music?

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #22,461 of 31,831
Jan 5, 2020 at 5:33 PM Post #22,462 of 31,831
My current wishlist includes ikko OH10 and BQEYZ Spring 1, but as the cost goes up it will take a bit longer to fix the itch 8)

100% agree. I'm mainly a headphone/speaker guy, and i wasn't expecting the eartips to impact the sound of iems that much. I've been extremely lucky, because in Taipei I found a store that has the whole Spinfit stock available for testing in all sizes. After spending there 45 minutes I was extremely glad to give her some $$$, the way the V90 sounded after I left the store made me think I had just bought a new set of expensive iems.
Bad Guy Reviews also loves the OH10 and Spring 1. They are in his top 10 MidFi video.

Which Spinfit eartips do you love with the TRN V90?

Jan 5, 2020 at 5:44 PM Post #22,464 of 31,831
It's actually the KZ sound that is irritating. If they use the same components it's possible that it'll same the same to me. Yes, tuning is different... I'm willing to buy the V90/BA5 and give them a 2nd shot.

I'm willing to give TRN a try again as the V20 sounded good but was a waste as it was only for blues/folk music?

Im not sure what the “KZ sound” you speak of is.

But I’d assume the guys whose job it was to make the “KZ sound” for years (and then left to start their own company), probably brought a lot of that DNA with them.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #22,465 of 31,831
Ok. Time to get back on topic. Its partially my fault. :wink:

I wish people would put their iems in their signature in order of their favourites.

I wish everyone would put all their gear on their profile page as we are instructed to do when we join.

Yeah. Gear lists in signature do no favors to searchability of threads.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #22,466 of 31,831
It is probably due to BA driver, I have cca c12 and blon 03 and I prefer blon over c12 all time since it sounds "lifeless and boring" for my taste, although separation and details are notable better in c12

I didn't expect much from the C12 and on first listen with tips similar to the Starline ones it sounded like a side step to something like the ZS10 Pro or C10, but once I changed to Spinfits it really opened up the sound and it sounded much better.... more mature and I actually really like it. I'd say it's far from "lifeless" and it's got a lovely bass response and like you say it's got better detail levels. I'll see if I can test it side by side with the Blon but at the moment I wouldn't say either is better by any far margin (from memory that is).

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #22,467 of 31,831
Today I shared my review of the Shozy V33 and V33 Pro together.

This is not Chi-Fi really since they're from Hong Kong, but they're cheap and good!

https://www.headfonia.com/shozy-v33-v33-pro-review/

Shozy-V33-3.jpg

I love the look of these. Seems the V33 might be something worth trying at £34 on Alie.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #22,468 of 31,831
That's crazy to hear. The A6 Mini even has 3 sound filters to try to beat the CNT1. And, it still doesn't.

It's just my taste. The A6 mini is very good, but the Semkarch has a more organic sound to me and at the moment they are the IEM I use daily. The highs on the A6 are really good for certain music but the Semkarch has a generally better timbre and tone to my taste. Both have solid bass.

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:48 PM Post #22,469 of 31,831
It's just my taste. The A6 mini is very good, but the Semkarch has a more organic sound to me and at the moment they are the IEM I use daily. The highs on the A6 are really good for certain music but the Semkarch has a generally better timbre and tone to my taste. Both have solid bass.
Is the Semkarchs bass similar to the mini? As in being tight and fast

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #22,470 of 31,831
Is the Semkarchs bass similar to the mini? As in being tight and fast
Its not as tight or fast as the A6M. Its also much more boosted and is the most forward part of the signature. Its a very "live" sounding IEM. Front row at a show type "live".

A6M is leaps and bounds better with layering, imaging, details, and stage.

Both are very good compliments to each other IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back