CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #22,412 of 31,831
I was listening to the Blon 01 earlier and compared it to the HiLisening S8 and the KB100 and it sounds so naturally beautiful but lacks all those beautiful details and sounded boring in comparison. The Blon 03 seems like a pass.

I hope they figure out the bass and details perfectly on the 05...

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 7:59 AM Post #22,413 of 31,831
Let's hope so. It'll be a good headfi boxing match worth rootin' for both sides.
Yeah, they really need to have a head to head fight. I feel that both are pretty identical from the review by @baskingshark. Hope I can try the diamond's demo & compare it by myself hahaha.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #22,414 of 31,831
Yeah, they really need to have a head to head fight.
Maybe it'll be like a Mike Tyson fight where one bites the eartips off the other. :wink:

Starfield or the Diamond? Which one will bite the others eartips?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 8:24 AM Post #22,416 of 31,831
Try different tips, I found Spiral Dots (size L) very successful and I get a very good fit and seal.

I have tried numerous different brands, of different depths, widths, narrow, long, foam etc, but always end up putting the Spiral Dots (large) back on. Really good bass.

Jan 4, 2020 at 8:44 AM Post #22,417 of 31,831
I have tried numerous different brands, of different depths, widths, narrow, long, foam etc, but always end up putting the Spiral Dots (large) back on. Really good bass.
Yes, try this track for sub bass on the **** Pro (also excellent on the Shuoer Tape):

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #22,418 of 31,831
sound vibrates the inner ears to transmit them to the brain. if you don't hear sound, then there's no vibration. those ANC tech is really simple to replicate on multitrack recording system. just duplicate the track and flip the polarity. you would get dead silence.

i have etymotics at home and have used them for travelling in planes. as good as it goes to block higher pitch noises (even better than ANC), but it won't do better to reduce low pitch noises than ANC.

so it depends on the situation really. for noisy and ever changing background noise like on the stage, or in a public restaurants for instance, passive noise isolation would do better. for use in proximity to engine sounds (planes, trains, vacuum cleaners, or any droning sounds) , ANC would be better.

want the best of both world? use those etymotic or other IEMs for passive cancelling, and then use an ANC enabled headphone over it :grin:

I'm not sure that ANC prevents the vibration of the hair cells in the inner ear. My suspicion is that the hair cells are vibrated just as much or different cells are vibrated and the cancellation effect occurs in the brain. Please point me to a reputable scientific/medical source if I am wrong. If I am wrong, then I hope this tech will continue to improve and trickle down to more brands and models to the point where I am interested to try it.

At any rate, I have read that Sony and Bose have the best ANC technology currently. For pure audio quality reasons I would Sony before Bose.

My car supposedly has full time ANC to combat road noise and make the cabin quieter. I'm not sure it really does all that much, and I've no idea who makes the ANC technology used by Ford, but the only way to turn it off is to remove a little 10 amp fuse. But anyway, I digress..

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #22,419 of 31,831
Yes, try this track for sub bass on the **** Pro (also excellent on the Shuoer Tape):

Try Tempered By Your Love by Lorn for sub bass. At just over 1 minute it barely qualifies as a song, but you'll know which IEM has bass and which doesn't. :beyersmile:

Spoiler: The **** Pro have bass. :D

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:43 AM Post #22,420 of 31,831
I just read something recently that said Stanley Kuberick filmed the fake moon landings. Who really knows what's real or not? But we do know we didnt have the technology to get past the VAN Allen Radiation Belt during the time they set foot on the moon. Or at least we were told we didnt.

The moon landings happened, there has always been lots of evidence, and it is very sad that the internet does such a good job of amplifying wrong ideas and bad information (flat earth, pseudoscience, fake cures, sexism, racism). Well curated and properly weighted/valued information systems don’t create these problems. If you’re interested in real conspiracies, take a look at what large corporations have been doing over the last 50 years and how they’re twisted laws the world over to create tax havens and corporate welfare laws so that we now have companies that pay negative taxes year over year, and take a look at offshore shell companies used by the people who run these companies to avoid paying any taxes, and then wonder whether modern capitalism as it’s currently implemented is really as great as so many companies and well to do people claim it is.

Jan 4, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #22,421 of 31,831
sound vibrates the inner ears to transmit them to the brain. if you don't hear sound, then there's no vibration. those ANC tech is really simple to replicate on multitrack recording system. just duplicate the track and flip the polarity. you would get dead silence.

i have etymotics at home and have used them for travelling in planes. as good as it goes to block higher pitch noises (even better than ANC), but it won't do better to reduce low pitch noises than ANC.

so it depends on the situation really. for noisy and ever changing background noise like on the stage, or in a public restaurants for instance, passive noise isolation would do better. for use in proximity to engine sounds (planes, trains, vacuum cleaners, or any droning sounds) , ANC would be better.

want the best of both world? use those etymotic or other IEMs for passive cancelling, and then use an ANC enabled headphone over it :grin:

I have always been tempted to try that especially with earbuds that don't have any isolation. The XM2's I have already kill about 90% of the outside noise already. They are so good its ridiculous. Hard to imagine that the XM3 are that much better, but apparently they are.

You tried this? You sure it wont turn our brains to applesauce? :)

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #22,422 of 31,831
THREAD: Sub-$100 IEMs with ANC for Elderly People on the Moon

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #22,423 of 31,831
moon-headphones.jpg

Jan 4, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #22,424 of 31,831
I was listening to the Blon 01 earlier and compared it to the HiLisening S8 and the KB100 and it sounds so naturally beautiful but lacks all those beautiful details and sounded boring in comparison. The Blon 03 seems like a pass.

I hope they figure out the bass and details perfectly on the 05...

01 and 03 sound nothing alike.

Edit - out of curiosity how loud do you listen? I don't find the 01 boring at all. To my ears it's tuned quite similar to the Tin T2 but with a bit more bass. But I listen quite loud so I tend to naturally favour a fairly neutral tune.

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #22,425 of 31,831
While everybody is discussing moon landings and flying cars, I'm just sitting here, realizing it's Saturday and my EA3 still hasn't arrived. I didn't even know it's Saturday, that's the worst part. Hopefully they arrive before the WWIII breaks out, and before we confirm whether the Moon landing is real :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back