CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 2, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #22,336 of 31,831
Just wanted to say that I love the Blons and Im 19 but my friend that is the same age doesnt really think they are special. The T800 is sibilant to me but not to him. So I believe it is just a personal preference thing more than age.

Jan 2, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #22,337 of 31,831
Just wanted to say that I love the Blons and Im 19 but my friend that is the same age doesnt really think they are special. The T800 is sibilant to me but not to him. So I believe it is just a personal preference thing more than age.

For sure preference comes into it but anyone older than mid 30s is going to remember vinyl. Many fondly, others less fondly. I remember in the mid 80s when I was 6 being trusted to change records on my mum's hifi setup. I've always had turntables as a result. For sure a good BA setup sounds fantastic but to me the warmth and musicality of a DD generally and the Blon in particular is just a happy sound.

Jan 2, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #22,338 of 31,831
yeah. Maybe you’re right. The only problem is I don’t trust that Zpolt guy or the Badguy dude.
I think I know who you’re talking about. Zpolt looks sort of like he’s phillipino. And the badguy is just a normal American white boy that lives in Japan?
They both come across as pitchmen to me. I really only trust non professional reviewers.
I mean I still read reviews but I take it all with a grain of salt. I know those guys have ulterior motives.

The badguy dude definitely isn't a shill. Most of the Manufacturers wont even send him free stuff to review anymore because he wont sugarcoat his reviews like everyone else. He pretty much has to buy his stuff or get it from a 3rd party source.

Main thing to remember with him though is A. He is a basshead and B. He only really listens to classic rock and 90's rap.

So if you listen to classical or jazz or Jpop or anything else he is probably not a good source of information. Also he tends to get offtrack and talks about unimportant stuff and then realizes that he spent to much time ranting and then just ends the review. All the while never really reviewing the IEM. Dude really needs a paper with bullet points so he can just move from one topic to the other and make the whole process a nice coherent thing. Cuz mostly despite his flaws, dude is on point with stuff.

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:13 PM Post #22,339 of 31,831
Hey I’m 48. How old are you guys?
When I was a kid. The cool thing was the 8 track. My dad had an 8 track of the star wars music.
He would play it in his HUGE ass Cadillac. And i would just sit next to him on the center divider
Or arm rest. Without a seat belt of course. And just listen while he drove. I think it was 1977.
Then In the 80s that damn CD came around and ruined everything!!!
Hahahahaha. Those damn 80s. :wink:

Wow.....it's amazing...wish you long and happy life
I'm 48... I thought I'm too old for this hobby...
I'm older than you guys but I'll never tire of music

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #22,340 of 31,831
Wow.....it's amazing...wish you long and happy life
I'm 48... I thought I'm too old for this hobby...

No one is too old to enjoy music.

Don’t ever think that and don’t ever let anyone tell you that.

I’m gonna be listening to my favorite music when I’m old and grey and on my deathbed. Maybe we won’t even have headphones by then; maybe it will be laser hologram alien space speakers or a wireless audio nerve implant. It doesn’t matter to me.

In fact, if you want to know just how powerful music really is to the human spirit and soul, I read a very interesting article recently:

https://bigthink.com/news/ever-get-...-your-brain-will-never-get-lost-to-alzheimers

Alzheimer’s eats your brain away until you can’t even remember how to put on clothes, swallow food, or even breathe, but it cannot erase the memories of your favorite music. Tell me that doesn’t show how powerful music is.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #22,341 of 31,831
Yeah i see a few people with the number 71 in their name.
So i just figured they must be my age...
If 1971 is good enough for Elon Musk, its good enough for me. :)
Gen X 4 LIFE!!!! hahahaha

Jan 2, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #22,342 of 31,831
1976 here.... Here they call it "the French fry generation"
As long as i hear high frequencys better than my 10 year younger misses i am not worrying. It turned out there was a high frequency cat repellent device in my neighbor his backyard. I could hear it in the bedroom, my wife didn't hear it.

Blon-03 great IEM... But for me i like the resolution in the highs more in the ZSX

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #22,344 of 31,831
I’m 62 here and 2020 might not bring jetpacks and flying cars but I’m totally pumped, psyched whatever’s current about future IEMs this year. The four I list in my signature are my best and a few are pretty recent. I’m already saving for others......Fun, hey I just heard Ozric Tentacle for the first time and look forward to more new finds.

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:35 PM Post #22,345 of 31,831
I’m 62 here and 2020 might not bring jetpacks and flying cars but I’m totally pumped, psyched whatever’s current about future IEMs this year. The four I list in my signature are my best and a few are pretty recent. I’m already saving for others......Fun, hey I just heard Ozric Tentacle for the first time and look forward to more new finds.

Omg thats so funny. Werent we supposed to have the flying cars in the FAR future? as in the year 2000?
I remember people looking at 2000 as a very futuristic time. We were supposed to have at a minimum, personal jet packs.
So we could commute to work and back easily.

Jan 2, 2020 at 4:58 PM Post #22,346 of 31,831
In fact, if you want to know just how powerful music really is to the human spirit and soul, I read a very interesting article recently:

https://bigthink.com/news/ever-get-...-your-brain-will-never-get-lost-to-alzheimers

Alzheimer’s eats your brain away until you can’t even remember how to put on clothes, swallow food, or even breathe, but it cannot erase the memories of your favorite music. Tell me that doesn’t show how powerful music is.

Thank you for sharing that interesting article! I had no idea music had such power :0

There's a lot of things I don't know about music yet in general. I'm 18, so my untrained ears make me feel kind of out of place here at times. In the end, however, I'm happy to be surrounded by people here willing to share their knowledge of and experience with audio and audio gear. :)

Jan 2, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #22,348 of 31,831
I'm 70 and have been amazed by the quality of the sound I'm getting from my top four and all since May 2019:
Shuoer Tape, **** Pro, Tin T3 and TRN BA5! Luckily my hearing seems to be holding up pretty well!!

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #22,349 of 31,831
I like both , just got trn pure silver cable for the t800 and what an upgrade

Jan 2, 2020 at 6:13 PM Post #22,350 of 31,831
No one is too old to enjoy music.

Don’t ever think that and don’t ever let anyone tell you that.

I’m gonna be listening to my favorite music when I’m old and grey and on my deathbed. Maybe we won’t even have headphones by then; maybe it will be laser hologram alien space speakers or a wireless audio nerve implant. It doesn’t matter to me.

Music is the life essences for us human

Users who are viewing this thread

Back