CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jan 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #15,361 of 31,831
Zs7 review is up and while hardly a hidden gem, it does make a solid case for the best iem under $50.

Also posted to my blog - URL in signature.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:55 AM Post #15,362 of 31,831
You couldn't expect that at 50 USD, to also have a profit margin, they would use anything but really really entry level drivers, even if it is 10 of them :)

Still, for about 50 USD I like what I hear.

You liked T2 better? That is another ChiFi IEM that I find pretty darn great :)

With T2, for 50$ I really like what I hear, but not with ZS10.
I prefer EZaudio D4 over ZS10 too and they cost 10$.
TRN V80 are around 25$ and feel premium compared to cheapish ZS10 construction, because its another big aspect that displease me.

Man, they are in my ear again and listening to some jazz rock they feel another time artificial, grainy, bass is sloppy, percussion are super splashy and saxophone is so thin but fowards....now its Agnes Obel....wich is suppose to have plenty of air and silence around here piano-cello instrumental and silence is replace by some trebly veil, no decay in piano note....real torture for me: enough! Its like listening to something that was crazily EQ'ed.

If you wanna check lot of graph of ZS10, I think this is the place, it help me to understand better why I dislike them that much (and feel less alone about that to):
I think now that have something to do with high bass push and mids trebly.
''The KZ ZS10 is a decent sounding pair of closed-back in-ear headphones. They have a deep, powerful and consistent bass, an even and decently balanced mid-range and a good treble. However, their bass is a bit boomy and muddy, their mid-range sounds a bit recessed and hollow on vocals and lead instruments, and the treble is a little on the bright side. Also, they are a bit inconsistent with sibilances (S and T sounds), and like most other in-ear headphones, don't have a large and speaker-like soundstage.''
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/kz/zs10

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:04 AM Post #15,363 of 31,831
Zs7 review is up and while hardly a hidden gem, it does make a solid case for the best iem under $50.

Also posted to my blog - URL in signature.
Man....did I read right (between the line) and you prefer ZS7 over M6???

Graph is very revealing about less peaky upper treble too....copy paste here because its very educational!
50237741_10155696796421581_3097645570538340352_n.jpg

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:06 AM Post #15,364 of 31,831
A while ago TFZ X1 / MIFO O5 pro (BA driver) was mentioned here. Who might want to buy this model, there seems to be a third OEM: "Halfsun" or something like that. The BA version is currently available at Aliexpress for a good price:
https://de.aliexpress.com/item/Bina...108.1000016.1.15a31a0ben1aTL&isOrigTitle=true

I have no experience with this seller and the quality of this version, but who can do without the chic blue color, will probably get this TWS a lot cheaper there.
I was also interested, but I have already the Anker Soundcore Liberty Air and today the X6 Bluetooth Headset TWS Aurora arrived. My need for TWS is covered for now, as I also have the TRN BT20.

i purchased the Standard version of the Mifo o5. it's a really satisfying purchase. I'm a bit hesitant to try the BA/pro version as i read a review saying the dynamic is better and the BA lacks bass..besides i already have a good BA TWS (Earin M2). there's some people who have the TFZ X1 in my town, maybe if i have the chance i would meet them and compare it with my standard version

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:07 AM Post #15,365 of 31,831
Man....did I read right (between the line) and you prefer ZS7 over M6???

Graph is very revealing about less peaky upper treble too....copy paste here because its very educational!
50237741_10155696796421581_3097645570538340352_n.jpg

Without having the vented filter or the LZ A6 filter set, the Zs7 has a better signature than the M6. The M6 can be made better than the 7, but not with what comes in the box.

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:15 AM Post #15,366 of 31,831
Without having the vented filter or the LZ A6 filter set, the Zs7 has a better signature than the M6. The M6 can be made better than the 7, but not with what comes in the box.
okay, you convince me that I need the A6 filter set then....where can we find it???

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #15,367 of 31,831
Jan 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #15,368 of 31,831
Penon Audio has them. https://penonaudio.com/lz-a5-filters.html but I'd be tempted to try the Vented filter for the DMG first as it will save you about $35 and may be exactly what you are looking for. I posted a graph of what it does for the signature the other day too.
Barely buy these DMG filter after I read your M6 review....but I wis an headfier try it before me lol Cause even if just 5$....don't wanna trow it in garbage.

But yeah, will order a pair anyway!

Jan 14, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #15,369 of 31,831
By the way, i finally receive the TRN IM1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND!

Very first impression is GOOD!

They do not sound wrong hourray!

Strangely no eartips was include lol

Punchy, clear, energic with deep soundstage, little sub bass roll off but nice weighty bass anyhow. Vocal are just slightly bright but in a good way, very detailed and quite wide and airy. Layering is very good too, thanks to a extended treble with great clarity, piano have weight and decay....man: LOVE IS IN THEY AIR!!!

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #15,371 of 31,831
Waiting on mine but feeling better now, thanks you two!..come on IM1!!!!!!!!!

Jan 14, 2019 at 2:11 PM Post #15,372 of 31,831
Hello to everyone!
I just want to say a BIG thank you to the 1clearhead for revealing the CCA C10. Received them last week and reallly satisfied with the sound. I also own ed16, v80, and T2 Pro, but C10s gave me really emotional and warm sound. Great for vocal music and jazz.

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #15,373 of 31,831
With T2, for 50$ I really like what I hear, but not with ZS10.
I prefer EZaudio D4 over ZS10 too and they cost 10$.
TRN V80 are around 25$ and feel premium compared to cheapish ZS10 construction, because its another big aspect that displease me.

Man, they are in my ear again and listening to some jazz rock they feel another time artificial, grainy, bass is sloppy, percussion are super splashy and saxophone is so thin but fowards....now its Agnes Obel....wich is suppose to have plenty of air and silence around here piano-cello instrumental and silence is replace by some trebly veil, no decay in piano note....real torture for me: enough! Its like listening to something that was crazily EQ'ed.

If you wanna check lot of graph of ZS10, I think this is the place, it help me to understand better why I dislike them that much (and feel less alone about that to):
I think now that have something to do with high bass push and mids trebly.
''The KZ ZS10 is a decent sounding pair of closed-back in-ear headphones. They have a deep, powerful and consistent bass, an even and decently balanced mid-range and a good treble. However, their bass is a bit boomy and muddy, their mid-range sounds a bit recessed and hollow on vocals and lead instruments, and the treble is a little on the bright side. Also, they are a bit inconsistent with sibilances (S and T sounds), and like most other in-ear headphones, don't have a large and speaker-like soundstage.''
https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/kz/zs10

Actually this makes a lot of sense (?)

I also loved TRN V80 really (?)

Hearing more Chi-Fi, I seem to agree with you. TRN V80 is a really sweet one and most people seem to agree with that.

Jan 14, 2019 at 4:36 PM Post #15,375 of 31,831
the v80 seems to be one of the more polarizing iems--folks (myself included) either really liked it or thought it sibilant/unnatural sounding.

I find that tips and insertion depth make a huge difference for me with the TRN V80. For example, when I paired the V80 with the TRN BT20 bluetooth ear hooks, I found the V80 to sound very poor, almost like FM quality, tinny and just plain bad -- because the BT20 earhooks prevented me from being able to push the V80 earshells into my ears far enough, but using the V80 with the stock cable, I can easily insert them further into my ears and they sound awesome that way to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back