Best Bluetooth
Nov 24, 2008 at 9:49 PM Post #2 of 19
Whatever you do do not get the Motorola HT820's... I would pay someone to take mine!

I wouldn't recommend bluetooth headphones in general, the SQ just isn't the same as wired headphones, usually the low decibel frequencies are pitched off.

But if you insist, get the S9. I assure you the comfort level will be terrible (those things kill your ears! they're designed to like "spring" into your ears) but maybe the size of these is worth it
biggrin.gif

I definitely suggest you try these at a local verizon/best buy/ etc. before buying!

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 19
IMO best bluetooth is an oxymoron. you just cant get the SQ the transmitter's receivers are crap. teh only tech thats getting close is the stuff used at concerts by musicians, but you wont get that cheap and whether it even works with mobiles or DAPs I dont know. it uses a modified bluetooth/wifi transceiver; not your average codec either. So IMO stay well away and just get yourself some wires

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 19
or........ i had wondered if one bought one of the sonyericsson ones that you can plug your own earphones in to how good would the sound quality be? had been thinking about getting one of them but noidea what the difference if any between them sound would be or indeed if the sound would be good enough that id be happy to not have the wire there.

anyone have any ideas?

ps i would have thought the etymotics bluetooth ones would have been the best proper bluetooth headphones as per the original post

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #6 of 19
If you do want wireless, theres the SA6 with the wireless option but it'll set you back USD299. Which given the options out there, wired phones would be more of a value for money considering your source (thought i dunno how good the blackberry is)

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 19
I can unequivocally say, from gobs of experience, that the Jabra BT-8040 is the best overall Bluetooth that you can use with your Crackberry.

I had one for 1 1/2 years after owning the 2 best Motorola's and nobody ever knew that I was on a Bluetooth. The price is right ($69.00) doesn't need a earhook, is small and the sound from the earpiece is phenomenal.
CNET gave it a #2 best rating next to the Aliph Jawbone.

Last month I left my Jabra at an airport laptop station, so I decided to go with the #1 pick, the Jawbone. Everyone who can afford a $100 bluetooth says this is the best. Feh. It distorts, turns on by accident on my pocket and moves around in my ear (even with 6 earpiece options).

I put it aside last week and ordered another Jabra BT-8040 and I am happy as a pig in, well, you know what.

Trust me, get the Jabra. If you don't like it, I'll buy it from you and use it as a backup in my car.

Dec 1, 2008 at 9:52 AM Post #9 of 19
he wants a stereo headset not a bluetooth headset. its for audio primarily from the OP. all those you mention are headsets for phones not a bluetooth interface for plugging HQ HP's into

Sep 21, 2012 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 19
Im also looking for a stereo bluetooth headset. I can't bare to walk with my big clumpsy Samsung Galaxy Nexus all the time, it's a pain in the ass. What can you guys recommend?

Sep 26, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #11 of 19
I'm going through this same decision process right now.  I really want to use my own headphones.  I'm under no illusion that my earphones (Shure E530) will sound great over BT, but they're comfortable and I like them.  

I've been using a Jabra Clipper for a while that I borrowed from a friend, and it just sucks.  The range sucks, the sound quality sucks.  It's just weak.  I've been looking around, and I've found a few alternatives:

Jabra Street2
Sennheiser MM200
Nokia BH-111
Nokia BH-214
Nokia BH-221

I have been unable to find stock on the Sennheister model, and I can't stand the styling on the Street2.  For me, so far the BH-221 looks the best of the bunch.  It has a tiny OLED display to show incoming caller, it has a built-in FM radio (I don't want this feature, but whatever), the styling is decent, and the clip swivels.

I welcome other people's ideas about these, and any other models you've been able to find.  I actually found my way back to this web site because I have some headphones to sell.  I lurked for years, and never posted.  My post count is 1.  So I'll be hanging around posting where I can until I hit 15 and can put my headphones up for sale :)  Proceeds from those will pay for my Bluetooth :)

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #12 of 19
You guys should check out the new Jaybird Bluebuds X.I don't work for them or anything, but I just want to say that these are the first bluetooth headphones I've ever said "wow" when I turned them on. The bass almost seems to compare to my Audio-technica ATH M50. Plus they're supposedly sweat proof and have a lifetime warranty against sweat damage. Realistically, its probably a 2-3 year warranty since I think its for the expected manufacturing life of the product. The battery life seems really impressive as well. 

May 9, 2013 at 9:24 AM Post #14 of 19
I've been using the MM200s for the past four years - very satisfied for what it is...
wink.gif
. Unfortunately one of the earbud cables went bad and when I went to buy another set, I realized that Sennheiser discountinued them...
eek.gif

A good friend of mine suggested the Phiaton PS 210 BTNC which has the same format as the MM200s. I ordered them and hope to have them in a couple of weeks.
Quote:
...Sennheiser MM200...

May 11, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:
You guys should check out the new Jaybird Bluebuds X.I don't work for them or anything, but I just want to say that these are the first bluetooth headphones I've ever said "wow" when I turned them on. The bass almost seems to compare to my Audio-technica ATH M50. Plus they're supposedly sweat proof and have a lifetime warranty against sweat damage. Realistically, its probably a 2-3 year warranty since I think its for the expected manufacturing life of the product. The battery life seems really impressive as well. 

The first unit I got had a defective microphone; I had to send it back; Jaybird replaced it; the new unit works, no problem. And it's very good. Good enough that I've been doing most of my listening on it for the past months. I've got better-sounding IEMs (the 4.A is the best I own), but the Bluebuds X offers the best combination of good sound and practicality, which matters a lot since I do most of my listening in the street, in public transportations, and at the gym. And yes, it has survived the sweat test. Actually, it's been surviving the sweat test on a nearly daily basis for the past month or so, since I've hit the gym regularly and it's so darn hot and humid here. 

Bottom line: In my opinion, it's worth the asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back