Best Bluetooth IEMs w/ battery life as #1 priority?
May 14, 2017 at 5:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

synesthesiac

New Head-Fier
I know someone's gonna say "google it" or "search the forums" but there is surprisingly little on this... Single posts here and there, reviews by sites that are not trustworthy, inconsistent Amazon reviews... I have the Brainwavez BLU-100s, which are nice, but incredibly annoying running out of battery so quickly. I'm going to start carrying two pairs of bluetooth IEMs for this reason. This is still way easier than always having some larger wired/wireless headphones on me since they easily fit in pockets.

So, please reply with your recommendations for the latest and greatest bluetooth IEMs with the longest battery life possible.

May 14, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #2 of 10
I really love my Bose soundsport. It's my go to for comfort. It also sound surprisingly good. Last about 6 hours of use. My beats3 was returned the next day after listening to the Bose. Beats will last a lot longer and charge time is relatively fast but sound quality is really subpar. I also like the rbh bt, but battery is only 3-4 hours.

Last edited:
May 15, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 10
Thanks! Based on looking at the Amazon reviews of your recommendation.... I'm going to tenuously add another requirement: no significant amount of Amazon reviews should claim very short product lifespan.

May 16, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #4 of 10
I would recommend the V-Moda Forza Metallo Wireless. I just bought them and I'm surprised as to how pleasant the aural experience it gives me. My FMW replaced my Beoplay H5, which was actually pretty good too, and the FMW sounds even better. I could swear this is one of the best sounding earphones there is, especially for wireless. Note that if you're comparing other earphones with a wired Forza Metallo, the Wireless version slightly differs in sound just because it has a separate amp and might even sound better.

The battery life is more than enough with an estimated of 10 hours. My first burn-in out of the box, I left it at maybe 70% and it stayed up for at least 7 hours. I wasn't sure if it reached 10 hours with that volume level, because I had gone to sleep.

The fit is also very good for sports, I once played tennis while only using them in one ear and it didn't fall even once. The FMW is very light. That was with a little running too. Stay away from Beoplay H5 just because it had a really bad fit, very moderate battery life, and the tendency to fall out.

Once again, about the sound, it is absolutely top notch and there is no need to doubt. Some are even comparing it with top-notch earphones. I dare to say the FMW sounds as good as a Shure SE846 with an iPhone, if not better. It also sounds clearer than my main headphones, Beoplay H7. This guy dalethorn, praised it up with the likewise of Sennheiser IE800 and RHA T20i (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/...metallo-wirelessbluetooth-earphoneiem-review/). He even noted that in some cases they sound better. The only one of my speakers that give me the same aural experience as FMW is my B&W 800 D3. If you trust CNET's David Carnoy, he gave the FMW a 9/10 for sound. I assure you not all earphones he reviews gets a 9/10. Even the critically acclaimed Focal Sphear only came at an 8/10. Some with his 9/10 rating include the 1More Triple Driver, B&W C5 Series 2, RHA T10i, and Beyerdynamic DX160 IE. Be aware, all of them are bass-heavy and wired, unfortunately LOL.

The FMW are very balanced and clean sounding, yet has a slight kick in the bass. The lows are more than enough for bass-heavy songs. Sorry if I talk too much here and if I sound a little biased, but in any case I urge you to try them because they come with 90 days test drive anyway. Give them some little burn-in period and I assure you the earphones, let alone the sound, won't disappoint you. As a plus, their weather resistant coating comes handy here in the rainy Seattle! Hope I can be of help!

May 17, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 10
Many might recommend Bose or Jaybirds I have used both and really dissatisfied. Bose's signature never engages me and Bluebuds failure rate is too high. May be i am unlucky but in a year I had 3 failures on X2.

Vmoda is also on my mind and heard good things about it. Ones am currently using I have no issues except call clarity is not so great as mic placement is behind the ears almost.

Miezu m51 is cheap and good mobile unit, Penon Audio has MMCX connector bluetooth so can convert any to bluetooth, both give around 5-6 hours. Mee Audio X7 (of X6) i dont remember the model number has the best sound n pushes up to 7-8 hours.

May 18, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #7 of 10
I'm also currently searching for a good pair of bluetooth IEMs at the moment ($150 budget, give or take). I've narrowed the list down to these:

V-moda Forza Metallo Wireless
Bose Soundsport
Jaybird X3
JLab Epic 2

I was initially leaning towards the V-modas, but a couple posts I read on the forum mentioned that the traplock moves quite a bit when doing exercises while lying down (like a benchpress), which is what I will be using them for (as well as casual use). The cords also seem pretty long (almost too long). Their battery life does seem to be a big plus though. As mentioned in a previous post, the audio quality seems to be great!

I'v also started to look at the truly wireless options like the Bragi Dash, Jabra elite Sport, and the Skybuds. The battery life on these are definitely shorter, so may not be what you're looking for.

May 19, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 10
I'm also currently searching for a good pair of bluetooth IEMs at the moment ($150 budget, give or take). I've narrowed the list down to these:

V-moda Forza Metallo Wireless
Bose Soundsport
Jaybird X3
JLab Epic 2

I was initially leaning towards the V-modas, but a couple posts I read on the forum mentioned that the traplock moves quite a bit when doing exercises while lying down (like a benchpress), which is what I will be using them for (as well as casual use). The cords also seem pretty long (almost too long). Their battery life does seem to be a big plus though. As mentioned in a previous post, the audio quality seems to be great!

I'v also started to look at the truly wireless options like the Bragi Dash, Jabra elite Sport, and the Skybuds. The battery life on these are definitely shorter, so may not be what you're looking for.
Hey there! I personally wouldn't sacrifice the sound quality for that slight cons of the FMW. From my point of view, if you were just choosing between the Bose, Jaybird, or the JLab the sound quality shouldn't really matter if you're using them for working out. However, now that Ive heard the V-Moda I swear I won't touch them anymore, because the sound quality is to be honest the most mind blowing earphones I've ever heard LOL. I can't get enough of these moments where I listen to an older song, and I'm like "Holy crap! That detail was never this obvious before!" And I got some excellent earphones before.

May 19, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 10
1More make an excellent bluetooth model but I only really began to appreciate their sound quality when using the Etymotic triple flange tips. They had excellent battery life and a solid metal construction. For their price they cannot be beaten in my opinion.

May 19, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #10 of 10
Hey there! I personally wouldn't sacrifice the sound quality for that slight cons of the FMW. From my point of view, if you were just choosing between the Bose, Jaybird, or the JLab the sound quality shouldn't really matter if you're using them for working out. However, now that Ive heard the V-Moda I swear I won't touch them anymore, because the sound quality is to be honest the most mind blowing earphones I've ever heard LOL. I can't get enough of these moments where I listen to an older song, and I'm like "Holy ****! That detail was never this obvious before!" And I got some excellent earphones before.

Thanks for the input! Getting closer to picking up the V-modas! Will probably decide today :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back