Best Bluetooth headphones for SQ and battery life?
Feb 5, 2021 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MasterBash

New Head-Fier
I am looking for a pair of bluetooth headphones because I recently bought a laptop with BT 5.0 and I need the USB ports for other things. I also care a bit about durability.

I thought about the Sony WH1000XM4. The Apple AirPods Max seems to be good, but I don't think they are worth 300$ more.

Recommendations?

Feb 6, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #2 of 11
When it comes to battery endurance and sound quality (which depends on your preferred sound signature) take a look at the Dali iO4. :wink:

BT 5 doesn't mean anything in terms of sound quality, i've to say.
The important thing, wether on BT4 or higher, is the bluetooth audio codec your device is capable to use.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 11
My bad, I also forgot to say that a microphone would be a nice addition too. It is not required, but if there is any good BT headset with microphone, then why not.

Dali io4 seems very interesting. Long battery life for sure. Keeping it in mind as an option.

Feb 6, 2021 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 11
Ah, ok. :smile:

To take the price-to-performance-ratio into consideration, the Drop Panda would fit the bill the best, i think.

Feb 6, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #5 of 11
Feb 7, 2021 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 11
From what I read on this site, Shure Aonic 50 or Dali IO-6 are top of the class in terms of sound quality, when you prefer neutral sound signature. Go for Sony, if you prefer bass. I personally tried Valco model 19 (https://valco.io/products/wireless-anc-headphones), returned them because they we too bass heavy, and purchased newer Valco model 20 (https://valco.io/products/vmk20-anc-headphones), which is a bargain at €169. They really sound very well, balanced. Ridiculous battery life - I charge them once in 2 weeks. They are perfect for my needs.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #8 of 11
Drop Panda - it's headphones, not headset, meaning it doesn't have microphone built-in.

It has built-in microphone. :wink:

So it digs all the boxes, i'd say.

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the recommendations.

However, I realized that my Intel AX201 has no Aptx HD. Is it still worth to buy an expensive pair of headphones or?
My Galaxy Buds+ dont sound very good on my laptop... and they hurt my ears after hours, but I wonder if its worth spending a lot on BT Headphones if my adapter doesnt support aptx hd.

If it doesn't make sense to spend a lot, then I will be looking for something cheaper with long battery life and good isolation.

Feb 12, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #11 of 11
I own Valco ANC20 headphones €169), listening from iPhone or MacBook, AAC codec. When I compared that to wired headphones, it sounded almost that good as normal consumer, maybe even mid-fi headphones in similar price level. But it is far worse than Hifiman Ananda (€700). So, I think, paying $300 or more for BT headphones won't give you better sound than $150 wired headphones. You pay for portability, convenience and noise cancelling.

If you want AptX or LDAC from your PC, you still can buy external transmitter, as Fiio BTA30.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back