Best bass?
Jun 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

masternr

New Head-Fier
Hello dear Head-Fi community, I'm planing to buy a new Headphone and i'm looking for a headphones with extreme good bass and i should be able to listen on my desktop computer and my android. I'm terrible at finding good products i bought Steelseries v2 about two years ago and they haven't treated me good. Any help will of course be appreciated.
happy_face1.gif

I listen to music like Dupstep, House, Hardstyle ect..

Reminder i'm a totally newbe at sounds, I read trough THIS thread i just got lost..

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:59 AM Post #2 of 14
Well if you want GOOD bass, I would go with Ultrasone Pro750 or Pro900.

If you want crazy earth shattering but less defined bass, then .... 
confused_face_2.gif
 I have no idea.

Cheers,
K

Jun 3, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #4 of 14
Ue6000/9000 hits quite hard...
Like high octane dance floor when the active mode is switched on.:D

Jun 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:
Never used them myself but I believe the Sony MDR-XB700 have pretty huge bass. See this chart:

Looks to big but it sure is good.
Quote:
Price range?

The one thing i forgot. 60€ to 150€
Quote:
V-Moda M-100 seem like a good choice for your music and applications if thats within your price range: easy to drive, prominent but not overpowering bass, robust build, compact folding for transport -- a really fun headphone.

Very neat looking, But the price is pretty heavy but i think i'll save up for a V-Moda M-100.

Thanks everyone for great comments:) (If anyone have a better choice or a cheaper one who looks really neat make sure to post it)

Jun 3, 2013 at 3:42 PM Post #9 of 14
Personally I'd rather not fall back on the lower V-Moda series (LP/LP2), the M-100 is worth the extra money. And I think you'll enjoy it even if your musical tastes broaden -- many use it with other genres and are quite fond of them.

A nice review (one of many):
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #10 of 14
How would the M-100s compare to the DT770 Limited Edition?

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #11 of 14
The V_Moda M80 if need portable but D2000, DT990 offers great punchy bass.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #12 of 14
I've found the DT770LE (which I just recently sold) to be less coloured than the M-100. Both share a nice bass and subbass presentation, though the M-100 is more to the point in that regard: its a fun headphone and true to that fact. The DT770LE on the other hand is U-shaped but somewhat tries to cover that up so to say :wink: I did not hear the other DT770 variants, but the LE is said to be more neutral compared with the very bass heavy 80Ohm version.

The LE is a robust headphone and very comfortable. I consider it too big for on the go and it takes up a lot of space in a bag. For stationary use a solid choice though.

Jun 3, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:
Personally I'd rather not fall back on the lower V-Moda series (LP/LP2), the M-100 is worth the extra money. And I think you'll enjoy it even if your musical tastes broaden -- many use it with other genres and are quite fond of them.

A nice review (one of many):
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

Then m-100 it is you all of you have been a great help. And a great forum i'll sure be checking back here once a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back