Best bass with audiofidelity for under 200??????
Apr 7, 2013 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

TiestoFan

100+ Head-Fier
I'm coming from owning an xb-500 (my first headphone aside from apple earbuds) and then V-moda crossfade lp (recently bought). I literally went to best buy 4 years ago and bought the xb500 not knowing anything about headphones and just thinking to myself "sony is a good brand". Fast forward to now and I've really gotten accustomed to having bass in my songs.

Two things happened the very first time I put on the XB-500s
  • Wow, I can't believe how much bass there is here, it makes me want to bob my head the entire time
  • Wow, I can't believe how many new instruments and layers of music I'm hearing in this song that I know by heart.

One thing happened the very first time I put on my recently bought V-Moda crossfade LP
  • This sounds exactly like my xb-500s but with less bass.

What I want:

All I want is an upgrade on my xb500s, maybe not in the bass department (same bass or slightly less is fine but it must have a very strong presence), but I'm desperately craving another "wow" experience (ie wow that same song I thought had so many layers on the xb500 now has even more layers+awesome bass!)

Bottom Line:
I just want to be wowed, for under 200$ (ok maybe I can stretch it to 250).

What are your recommendations????

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:04 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

What exactly is boom bass??? And would you consider yourself an audiphile AND a bass lover???

I meant like boomy bass. Boomy bass is where the bass really kicks in your eardrums, and it may get to chest-thumping pounding.

Also, I'm at the same point as you, so yes, I am an audiophile and a bass lover.

Apr 7, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #7 of 29
M50+bass boost is not a good idea. It ruins the other audio frequencies. 

Do consider the Ultrasone HFI-780

Apr 7, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #10 of 29
So I looked at the ultrasones and from what i can gather the sound is very bright.....i kind of dont like bright. I prefer warmer headphones so I dont think that is going to do it for me. Anything else?

Apr 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #15 of 29
The DT770's have bass. As do it's bigger brother the DT990. The 250/600ohm variants sound better and more controlled (hard to drive) than it's Pro variants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back