BEST BASS UNDER 100$
Jul 26, 2011 at 11:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

arneetsingh

New Head-Fier
I am a noob regarding headphones technical specifications.i m looking to buy  a over the ear headphones with a great bass and sound quality.please provide me some info on products that fits to my req.

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM Post #2 of 25
I just tried the Sony XB300 which goes for SGD99 , which is about USD70?

Outstanding bass, imo. It's really comfortable and looks like it's not cheaply built.
The ear pads actually rest on your ears and they don't isolate too much outside noise
but the pads are quite comfortable.

Here's a pic

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 25
You said...."Best Bass" and not "Most Bass" right?
If so, try the KRK KNS-6400. Please let me know if there's a headphone that has better bass extension than this for under $100, I'm curious.
If you have a huge head you'll get more clamping force and more bass. It's a studio monitor, but it sure does have some good bass.
I must be crazy even suggesting them.

Jul 26, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 25
Ah, I missed that. The original poster has to clarify whether he wants bass quantity or bass quality. Or both.
But both probably wouldn't fit the bill. I'm clueless about the pricing in the US, but it's priced at about 99 bucks in Singapore.

The bass on the XB300 should be good for people just looking for bassy headphones.
Plus they're comfortable =D

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #7 of 25
XB700 or Ultrasone HFI-450.

Jul 26, 2011 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 25
If you can, test the XB series first before buying.
For some reason, I found certain models (I don't remember which exactly) to be a little too overpowering on the bass.

Was playing this song while auditioning.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:08 PM Post #9 of 25
Actually im in india.
@koolkat....i cant figure out how bass quantity and quality sounds like???
i have ear phones creative EP-630,Senn MX 560... so i think i m lookin for some big bass quantity which should just boom over my ears
that why i want to buy some big headphones

my mind is going towards Sony XB 700...is there any better option

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:18 PM Post #11 of 25
My definition of bass quality is how fine the bass is; how punchy, how "controlled". Some headphones have big, boomy, overpowering bass. This is considered to be the lower quality bass. But it depends on preference. If you are the type that likes to listen to the bassline of songs, then you would prefer boomy bass. If you want a 'balanced' sound, then you should go for headphones that give quality bass, instead of quantity. If you get a chance, try the XB-series. I thought the XB300 was good enough for bass, they certainly have more bass than my HD438s. They're not too bad considering their price.

If I were you I'd look for something in the XB-line.

Take my comments with a grain of salt ya.

Jul 26, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #12 of 25

[size=medium]
Well when talking about hi-fidelity, you're after a bass that sounds as close to the real deal as possible.  If a song has a certain kick-drum, you'd expect the headphone to reproduce its natural sound as best as possible.  You'd expect the bass to have as much detail and layering as possible, so you could easily identify what strings were played on a bass guitar, and not be overbearing to the point of not hearing the different strings (or any other detail in the song for that matter)--etc.

Bass quantity is easy to decipher.  I can't comment on the XB series myself, but I've heard the XB500 has more of a bass punch than the XB700 has, which is usually what people look for, while the XB700 is slightly more tamed but extends deeper.  I wouldn't be caught dead wearing either in public!
[/size]

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #14 of 25

Quote:
thanks a lot for the useful information

what do u think about XB-700 in terms of bass quality or quantity

Heya,

XB500's for $50 are pretty much going to be fine for you. The XB700 will have some smoother highs. Ultimately didn't think it was worth more than the XB500.

Anyhow, a big thing to consider: are you willing to wear the XB series, they are huge and silly looking. This may not matter to you. But some care how they look.

Very best,

Jul 26, 2011 at 2:37 PM Post #15 of 25
If I'm not wrong Arneet will be hooking these up to his dell laptop, so it'll probably be for home use.
And I agree with Malveau, you have to try the headphones out first before buying. Sometimes a $40 increase
in price doesn't really show any marked improvement in sound quality, build quality.

Good thing I can audit headphones at a store about 30 minutes away from my house.

=D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back