1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Bass Heavy Over Ear Headphones Around $100

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by abbatab, Dec 26, 2012.
  1. AbbaTab
    I am pretty much a noob when it comes to headphones and I need some advice from some of you experienced audiophiles!  As the title says I am looking for headphones around 100 USD that have good bass for mainly electronic music (house, DnB, etc.)  I am currently thinking about the V-MODA crossfade LP, Pioneer HDJ-500R, Grados SR60i, Koss Portapro ( I know they aren't over ear) and the Audio Technica ATH-M30.  Any thoughts, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

2. Slash86
    Some of the Sony MDR (dont remembrer the exact model i listened to) get tons of Bass at the price range you mentioned, was my lil brother choice for rnb / rap / dubstep etc.

However, they are enormous and can be used for winter ear-warming

3. Killashell421
    The Xb500 is a great option for bass lovers or the more portable xb600
    The logitech ue4000 is also a great headphone for bass heavy music.

4. Rudolfs
    Koss PortaPro are a safe bet; for closed at this price point, I have and I like Sony MDR V6 and CAL!.
    V6 seem to be the toughest here. I just love their coiled wire, although there could be less of it for portable use.
    V6 may be too bright, while PortaPro have quite a bit of mid-bass emphasis (flatters Apple devices though), CAL! sound very nice, but they are big and with a somewhat fragile feel.