Best bass earbuds?
Feb 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 140

Bobby123179

100+ Head-Fier
Let me keep this short and to the point. I'm not an audiphile, I know this is probably not the place to look, but I don't know where else to ask.

I'm looking for some new headphones. I currently use urbeats by dre. Unfortunately, I dislike how the sound becomes muddled at higher volumes, and I'm looking for just SLIGHTLY more bass. Yes, more bass than beats. Don't judge.

Do these headphones exist? Are their over the ear headphones better? My budget is $300-ish. Can I get anything better? I listen to mostly bass-heavy electronic music. These urbeats only cost me $100. My budget is $200 more than that. So if I can't find any better headphones with what I want at that price, I'm calling a vote to vote these headphones as #1 for price and quality. Thanks for any and all help! (Please no judgement. You audiophiles can get nasty to bass-heads sometimes).

Feb 19, 2014 at 3:36 PM Post #11 of 140
To be clear I listen to all genres of music but when there is bass I wanna feel IT. I want my body to shake, ears to crumble , and eyes rattling under the bass.

Look into getting a proper headphone portable headphone amp to power your headphones. JDS C421, C5, ZO2, E11, E12 etc...you can have the best 'bass headphones" in the world, but if they are underpowered, you won't be able to get what you are describing. Try looking into the M-audio Q40 or Sony XB 500/700. Pair them with one of the amps listed above, and you may find what you are looking for. Plenty of HF'rs have that combo and are happy. With more BASS quantity brings alot of distortion into the mix, so quality can deteriorate. Keep that in mind. I personally have played around with a lot of the above, tried different combinations...the one that works best for me now is the C421 on high gain, bass boost, using the newer Sennheiser HD8s. Bass, Subbass heaven. It also retains all of the other frequencies as well. I have stopped looking for anything else, and will most likely stop. Take a look at my headphone journey (under my profile) and you will see what I've went through the past 3 years.

Feb 19, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #14 of 140
I unfortunately don't have that kind of budget that you do! Well, would the XB500's be able to handle the bass from the ZO2 amplifier? Along with other things that I could do? I know my V-MODA's can handle it because I tested them. But would those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back