Best bang for the buck $250 DAP, Shanling M2X, Hiby R3? Other?
Nov 18, 2021 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Zayl

New Head-Fier
Hey all!
I listen to lots of different kind of music : electro, metal, hard rock, classical etc...
I'm looking for a, best bang for the buck, $250 DAP, to pair with my 1MORE H1707 over-ear headphones.

I've been struggling with these four models :
- Shanling M2X
- Hiby R3
- Hiby R3 Pro
- Hiby R3 Pro Saber

Was planning on getting the latest, but I'm no sure of my choice, R3 and R3 pro don't sound the same, one is analytical the other warmer, I don't know if I could feel the difference and and don't know what the best would be for me.

Could you advise me, or even point me another (better) choice?

Your help means a lot to me, thanks in advance.

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #5 of 7
Might I suggest an iphone X ? I had an iphone X (but now have an iphone 7 as the X I had got stolen) and used a Ugreen usb to 3.55mm adapter to use with the B&W P9 Signature I had, and it was very good indeed. Used/refurbished iphone X's go for around £250 in my country, don't know how much they go for in your country, but it might be worth a look. However, there are plenty of other options out there.

Good luck on your search.

Nov 19, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 7
Nov 19, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #7 of 7
I have a R3 Pro (non Saber) and I'm very happy with it. It competes well with my higher priced DAPs and is very small and handy:

https://hifigo.com/collections/port...with-dual-dac-bluetooth-5-0?sscid=b1k5_lw7y9&

Thanks for your input and thanks for the link to the store ! R3 pro is unavailable on Hiby website right now so this will come in handy on Black Friday.

Might I suggest an iphone X ? I had an iphone X (but now have an iphone 7 as the X I had got stolen) and used a Ugreen usb to 3.55mm adapter to use with the B&W P9 Signature I had, and it was very good indeed. Used/refurbished iphone X's go for around £250 in my country, don't know how much they go for in your country, but it might be worth a look. However, there are plenty of other options out there.

Good luck on your search.

Hey ! I don't really iOS and way over my budget (370€ in my country).

https://hifigo.com/collections/sales, just a $17 discount it seems. My bad.

Np man =)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back