best audio setup for console gaming?
Nov 22, 2015 at 7:46 PM Post #16 of 17
I want to get the HD598s and an amp or DAC to play on my Xbox One (and possibly 360 if it permits) but idk what to get. I have a really tight budget and I play a lot of shooters and RPGs. Help? Thanks!

I'm in the same boat with an Xbox One.  The Xbox One only has HDMI and optical out, so it seems like the only option is to get some sort of DAC compatible with optical then use a pair of headphones.  For voice chat, you can either use the Kinect mic, or plug in a mic to the controller and just use that for chat.

The tough part for me is deciding what DAC to get.  Apparently something simple like a Fiio D3 would work, but I'm not so sure how I would control headphone volume or how good the soundscape would be.  I am reluctant to get an Astro Mixamp but mostly for superficial reasons.  What did you end up doing?

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:54 PM Post #17 of 17
Oh I haven't done anything. I don't even have the headphones. I'm thinking of fiio e10k or something like that. I'm new to Audio gear so I really don't know what I need (especially with console) amps/DACs seem gimicky (from what I know so far) a $60 will do the same as a $3000000 one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back