Best audio combination for on line pc gamer and rock in roll listener
May 26, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #61 of 64
I did the philips challenge without the eq thing with no mistakes. For whatever the reason I just can't pass that. But all the others with the first try easily. Anyway...I agree that human hearing can't tell a difference between proper 320kbs mp and flac. Or with low flac and 192 flac. I doesn't matter though, if you feel it sounds better it has served it purpose. What matters most it is the original recording quality. But between 320kbs and flac the difference is smaller than switching between amps and dacs. Telling difference between amps and dacs is no science. Telling difference between cables and such is a whole another thing. I can easily tell a difference between copper, steel and silver cable. But different copper cables, it is a hoax imo... of course if there was something wrong with the original cable it is a different case but normally the are no audible differences.

ps. I have 200 pieces of wood to sell, those are specifically engineered to lift the speaker cables into optimal height to avoid any interferences caused by the earth/floor/earht/moon/stars/jesus...anyway, 58 euros a piece.

pps. They really sell that stuff.

May 26, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #62 of 64

Telling difference between cables and such is a whole another thing. I can easily tell a difference between copper, steel and silver cable. 

No, you can't. Noone ever has. Theres a guy offering a million dollars to anyone who can tell the difference between cables in a double blind test - no one has ever succeeded.

May 26, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #63 of 64
See that's the thing, anyone saying they can tell a difference between the highest quality mp3 and flac is either lying of delusional. It is, in fact, impossible for the human ear. That's just a fact, take it as whining if you want, i'd rather take it as keeping people from wasting their money. There's a good reason noones ever been able to tell a difference in a double blind test. For the record I finished the Philips golden ear thing pretty easily :wink:

My suggestion for you, stop buying into audiophile hype and save some hard earned cash while you're at it. You're the typical example of the clueless guy who believes others have some kind of supersonic hearing powers. They don't, and by listening to them, you're wasting your money. You think that's whining - fine, it's your money you're throwing away. How is it that guys like you believe audiophiles have some kind of superhuman hearing over the cold, hard, facts that science shows you?? Any of those audiophiles would fail a double blind test (every single one who's attempted it has failed). Does that somehow not register? Or do you need to convince yourself that you haven't wasted your money buying useless crap for big bucks?

Read it again: there is no way the 600ohm version can sound better than the 250ohm, period. This isn't an opinion, it's a fact. I challenge anyone to DBT both headphones and prove me wrong. If you choose to believe otherwise, putting aside the facts of the matter, more power to you. It won't change what's real from what isn't.

I'm not buying into any hype the FR graphs speak for themselves to me. Here's a video that might shed some light on the subject: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8

I'm not gonna post anymore on this subject as I don't want to further derail the thread anymore than it has. The video is AAC vs. Lossless so it's close enough to mp3 IMO.

May 27, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #64 of 64
I'm not buying into any hype the FR graphs speak for themselves to me. Here's a video that might shed some light on the subject: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UrfX-g8auc8

I'm not gonna post anymore on this subject as I don't want to further derail the thread anymore than it has. The video is AAC vs. Lossless so it's close enough to mp3 IMO.

It's also 128kbps, not "the highest quality", mp3 or AAC. It's also only 10 trials, that's not much. Try a foobar ABX test with level matched 320kbps mp3s or even 256kbps AAC vs FLAC, you will fail it everytime. Go to the sound science forum there's a million topics on the subject with FR graphs that will show you that most compression on high quality lossy files is beyond the range of human hearing for the most part, especially when you take into account that it's very rare for music to go beyond 18kHz to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back