Best android music player app?
Dec 6, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #31 of 633
Interesting...well, I probably won't be moving back to PowerAmp for my Nexus 4, as I prefer the folder navigation on Neutron, but it's good to know PowerAmp can be used properly; I find a lot of its effects useful for making my girl's crap car stereo system sound better 
tongue_smile.gif
 I do hate muddy bass...

Thanks for taking the time to figure it out 
beerchug.gif

Quote:

1. That's the Direct Volume Control feature kicking in.  It adjusts the system volume such that if you do boosts in the graphic EQ, what it does instead is boost the system volume then apply EQ cut to everything except the boosted band.  If you disable DVC in settings, have a flat EQ and push the preamp to max, the sound does not change, either in volume or timbre, the moment the EQ is turned on or off.  But Direct Volume Control is a good feature, as long as it works properly (it doesn't on my phone, volume changes are not applied properly) and as long as people don't get paranoid about that pause when the EQ is turned on or off.
2. Glad to be of help :wink:

Dec 6, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #32 of 633
X2 on Cubed. Great sound. 

Will have to give the GoneMad Player a try too if it's right up there. 

Dec 31, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #35 of 633
After reading this thread and coming from stock player on my Samsung Galaxy S 4.2 player, I downloaded both Poweramp and Neutron, I can see why there are so many Poweramp users on here... the SQ is very good and the UI is just more intuitive. However despite its less userfreindly UI, I just cant believe the difference Neutron has made to the S... wow... just wow!  It has completely transformed the SQ, clarity, soundstage, seperation... and so many options to play with...  I am so freakin happy right now! I was going to root this and install Voodoo sound... dont think I need to bother any more! 

It's amazing that an App that can be bought for just a few quid can totally transform a £100 player into something that on listening to you'd believe would cost 2 or 3 times that... 

To those who recomended it.... I salute you, I am eternally grateful! 
beerchug.gif

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #36 of 633
Hi,

Do you know how to exit the app? after install neutron music player, I cannot find the exit button, always need to stop it from setting-app manager ....

- Already got answer from Travelbug member.

thanks

Jan 9, 2013 at 10:04 PM Post #38 of 633
Quote:
If you are really concerned you could always use a task killer.

No, no you shouldn't use a task killer. If you need to know why Google it, no time to get into lengthy explanation right now (at work).

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #39 of 633
I work in the industry. Task killers are not harmful if you are using it to close one program; it's the constantly killing all background processes and having them immediately start up again that causes problems.
Quote:

No, no you shouldn't use a task killer. If you need to know why Google it, no time to get into lengthy explanation right now (at work).

Jan 10, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #40 of 633
Quote:
I work in the industry. Task killers are not harmful if you are using it to close one program; it's the constantly killing all background processes and having them immediately start up again that causes problems.

They're simply uneccessary though.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #41 of 633
The best is Poweramp.
No "one of".

從我使用 Tapatalk 2 的 GT-N7105 發送

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:25 PM Post #42 of 633
over sound quality, no EQ, i prefer jetaudio than poweramp. poweramp sounds too digital for my tastes and it is sometimes harsh on upper mids on some songs. for UI, poweramp is a no brainer.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #44 of 633
Depends on the version of Android. Before 4.0, where you either have a capacitive button (HTCs) or just need to hold the home button to see open apps, there was no shortcut to close an app unless it had an actual option in its own menu; a task killer gets you to essentially the same menu that in 2.3 and below is tucked away in Settings->Applications->Running Applications, in either a shortcut on the home screen, or a one-click widget.
Quote:

They're simply uneccessary though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back