Best android music player app?
Nov 6, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #586 of 633
any music player that doesnt support replaygain is not only useless but dangerous when a surprise loud track comes on and you destroy your hearing. or at bare minimum a volume normalization option. musicolet has neither. so anyone giving that app 5 stars is a moron.

another option that most players seem to miss is PLAY THROUGH FOLDERS and PLAY THROUGH ALBUMS so they dont stop playing music when they get to the last track

most developers claim they are music lovers, and i call bullshiit, because they miss these simple crucial options.

HIBY (who makes the software for this ap80 device) got it right:

Hidizs_ap80_play_settings2.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 4:19 AM Post #587 of 633
Tried a new app called odyssey. Its super fast with a lean and elegant ux. Also has album artist support. Still in early development but I quite like it. I can browse through my 8K+ tracks effortlessly. Available on fdroid and github.

Nov 22, 2020 at 6:06 PM Post #588 of 633
I'm looking to get a paid android app that utilizes the DAC (highres) on LG v40. What apps are able to do that? Would Blackplayer EX, Neutron, Poweramp sound the same if I didn't use any DSP/EQ?

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #589 of 633
finally found a good android player. i tried about 15 and all were worse then this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rhmsoft.omnia&hl=en_CA&gl=US

image.png

this one is so simple yet perfect. it has replaygain which is a must for me, you can add replaygain tags to your music with foobar2000 free windows program. copy music into foobar. right click it all and select replaygain. remove any tags first then set per track tags after. then turn on replaygain in player and your volume will be perfect.

image.png

omnia it plays ape and alac too, no problem.

or you can easilly convert ape or alac to flac with fre:ac. just go into general settings and put:
<directory>\<filename>
under filename pattern
then it will reduplicate the exact filename and folders structure you already have. so u can convert huge amounts without hassle.

image.png

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2021 at 6:19 PM Post #590 of 633
Mconnect app does not decode tidal mqa but streams to upnp devices. Uapp decodes tidal mqa but does not stream to upnp devices. Bubble upnp streams tidal to upnp devices but not even recognise tidal mqa. Is there any app which decodes as well stream tidal mqa to other upnp devices ?

Dec 8, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #591 of 633
My favoutite sound setting on NeutronMp.
1) 4 band PEQ with Q and Hz as shown.
Gain level is not fixed for any band but limited at -3~ +3 because of track/music type/plugged headphones

I love flavor of music. I do not too care for peak/dip in FR range so no narrow band or low Q value used.
Major band just 3 for low mid high and 4th band is a trick: low Hz as bass band but low Q. It acts "full range" of FR to change tonality.
It makes difference flavor.

2) Realtime PCM to DSD.
This words from Onkyo HF, but Neutron has similar function after years since I saw it in Onkyo HF.
Better channel separation(or less channel leak) and darker background.
Use when digital feeding ext dac.

Attachments

• 20211208_194022.jpg
    20211208_194022.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Dec 14, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #592 of 633
I thought it would be trivial to find a decent music app but I realized all theses apps have their own quirks. None of them are perfect!!
One of the best I found is the sony music app, which can be used on any rooted phone with the magisk module, It is fast and reliable.
However theses days I am using something called "Auxio", it has nice UX features such as material you, slick looking and very responsive.
edit: Latest build support ReplayGain

When it comes to EQ, i am using JamesDSP, which has the ability to import parametric EQ from convolver. Pretty good. but again, you need root for this.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #593 of 633
I thought it would be trivial to find a decent music app but I realized all theses apps have their own quirks. None of them are perfect!!
One of the best I found is the sony music app, which can be used on any rooted phone with the magisk module, It is fast and reliable.
However theses days I am using something called "Auxio", it has nice UX features such as material you, slick looking and very responsive.

When it comes to EQ, i am using JamesDSP, which has the ability to import parametric EQ from convolver. Pretty good. but again, you need root for this.

replaygain and dark mode is a must have for me on any player

also the ability to play directly off the sd card and keep playing through without stopping is nice too

Feb 1, 2022 at 8:53 AM Post #594 of 633
any music player that doesnt support replaygain is not only useless but dangerous when a surprise loud track comes on and you destroy your hearing. or at bare minimum a volume normalization option. musicolet has neither. so anyone giving that app 5 stars is a moron.

You're more likely to lose your hearing by accidentally turning the volume knob to max, than because the player doesn't have replay gain.
First thing I do when I'm trying a new player is to deactivate the RG or any kind of normalisation.
I don't need that.
I don't want that to mess with the original signal.

Your requirement are not everyone's requirements.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #595 of 633
UAPP for me hands down. Even have it on my fioo M11 ltd if i wish to change.

Feb 1, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #596 of 633
UAPP for me hands down. Even have it on my fioo M11 ltd if i wish to change.

overcomplicated for most people

and if it doesnt have replaygain its useless garbadge

most of these players dont even know how to play through folders and keep playing haha.

my hidizs ap80 does. it has replaygain and play through folders options

best player is simply one that plays the file structure directly and doesnt stop playing. amazing how something simple is so hard to find in todays overcomplicated neurotic world

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 10:32 AM Post #599 of 633
You're more likely to lose your hearing by accidentally turning the volume knob to max, than because the player doesn't have replay gain.
First thing I do when I'm trying a new player is to deactivate the RG or any kind of normalisation.
I don't need that.
I don't want that to mess with the original signal.

Your requirement are not everyone's requirements.
replaygain does not mess with "the signal" haha

thats the beauty of it. its not like other forms of normalization. it simply uses a metadata tag that tells the volume level where to be. so it saves you the hassle of having to constantly adjust the volume

not using replaygain is just ignorance which ruins the music experience because every track is mastered to a different DB

using replaygain is not a preference, its simply a superior method. any music player of any kind that doesn't have it is useless.

Feb 1, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #600 of 633
replaygain does not mess with "the signal" haha

thats the beauty of it. its not like other forms of normalization. it simply uses a metadata tag that tells the volume level where to be. so it saves you the hassle of having to constantly adjust the volume

not using replaygain is just ignorance which ruins the music experience because every track is mastered to a different DB

using replaygain is not a preference, its simply a superior method. any music player of any kind that doesn't have it is useless.

I know what replaygain is, and what it does.
And it does nothing I need.

Apparently you discovered it last month, and have no other way to promote your discovery, but to call those who don't use it "morons".

You want a player with RG, that's fine.
Most people here sometimes want things which are infinitely more useless than RG.
But please...it's not a schoolyard here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back