best amp for r10
Aug 2, 2010 at 9:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

yococo96

Head-Fier
hi head-fiers 
ahhh the r-10, for the most of us it's the holy grail , the summit of the mountain, the greatest pair headphones you can dream of. 
but what would it sound without a decent amp? 
I asked myself and search (here, in head fi) what was the best. 
and all I found was old thread which spoke of out-of-production amps. 
so in this thread I ask what's the best in production amp for the r10 (cost no object) tube or solid state.
your suggestions? 

Aug 2, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 23
hi
I didn't know that sony has made a r10 preamp.
sounds cool but it's out of production

Aug 3, 2010 at 2:36 AM Post #4 of 23
You can get some of used Singlepower.According to R10 user.with singlepower is simply stunning.....
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM Post #6 of 23
Yococo96 – The best amp for R-10? Solid state Rudistor RP 010B, without any words. About tube amps, Ray Samuels B-52 or Eddie current Balancing act. When something less expensive, Woo Audio 22. Rudistor’s legendary RP 010B is very excellent device for you.

Aug 4, 2010 at 12:44 AM Post #7 of 23
I've only spent real time with the R10s on The Menace which is killer and not available commercially.  At CJ I heard the R10 on some SinglePower amp and loved that setup as well, but those probably aren't the amps you want to hunt down for safety reasons.  I've heard great things about the R10 from the B22 and even more so the Dynahi.  Didn't like the R10 that much from the B52.

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 23
the rp010b is simply excellent. but about the balancing act, is it better than the zana deux for single ended use?

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #11 of 23
Anyone tried the R10s with the Apex Pinnacle?

Aug 5, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #12 of 23
yococo96 - For single ended connection balancing act has not significant meaning, there you need serious recabling. Then you will listen concrete benefits. Rudistor’s understand both SE and balanced connection. But remember, if you want solution with balanced connection, then complete chain need be balanced, from source to caps.

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:39 PM Post #13 of 23
hi
thanks for that suggestion.
i saw that the rp010b has a thing (don't now how to name it) that internaly convert the unbalanced signal to a balanced signal.... is it real?
so must I buy a balanced source?

Aug 5, 2010 at 7:57 PM Post #14 of 23
[size=11pt]In Rudistor top amps, there is excellently built phase splitter feature with which you have great choice to connect balanced and unbalanced headphones or source. So this is very good advantage for you. Rudi solves the problem, but naturally, balanced headphones does better profit for you. With the source, it is better to have balanced connection, but single ended form is good too (thank to phase splitter).[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back