best amp for loud volume and sound
Dec 27, 2009 at 7:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chi-dispatch

New Head-Fier
hi to all i want a loud amp and good sound staging but the volume is what i most want .i work in a very loud place. TRASH dump tuck are coming and going all day long
dt880smile.png

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:46 AM Post #2 of 13
Why do you want to damage your hearing with loud levels. You can try find something that isolates really well so you can listen at non ear damaging levels.
Maybe custom IEM.

Dec 27, 2009 at 8:36 AM Post #4 of 13
My Triple Fi 10's seal really good, although there are comfort issues for some. I don't know if they will block out super loud trucks, but I know when I have them on, even at really low listening levels, people will talk to me and I wont here them at all, or if I'm on the train I wont be able to hear anything.
But regardless, if you find IEM's that you like and seal really well, in most cases you probably wont need an amp.
I use my amp with mine, but only to enhance the sound a little.

Dec 27, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chi-dispatch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do they work or is it just bs. there are so many fakes out there today just got a pair of fake MONSTER BEATS $73.00 down the drain they suck so bad my ipod headphones better

$73 for monster beats should seem to good to be true... Passive isolating headphones work and sound good. Active isolating headphones work too, but the sq suffers.

Are you sure its a good idea to wear sound isolating phones in a place that runs rampant with dump trucks?

Dec 28, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #8 of 13
well, try the shure se115 from bestbuy or online from amazon. At under 100 dollars they offer reasonable sound, pretty good isolation, and your clip will drive them plenty loud, many other options exist, but the se115's are easy to find, and pretty durable. The amp is a bad idea, your hearing is going to suffer, you need isolation, not more volume.

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:36 AM Post #10 of 13
Portapros don't isolate the outside noise so you'd have to blast your ears to block out the exterior noise. Not very healthy for your ears. Have you tried the Comply tips or Olives with iems? I use them with RE0 and X10 when I'm on planes and they do a great job. Closed cans may also help you. Senn 201 are cheap.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:25 PM Post #11 of 13
To have a decent DAP and a decent amp plus a decent earphone is really a good solution to against the environment noises, This is my experience. For good sound can have a lot of musicality and details even in low volume.

Dec 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM Post #12 of 13
custom IEMs dont seal any more than a well fitting universal IEM, in fact in many cases slightly less. this is comparing to having a really good seal with silicone tips on an IEM (~25-30db). all the same though the sound is amazing; that and the extra comfort offered by customs is what makes me put the JH13 in my ears 99% of the time as opposed to me UM3X. but this amount compared to regular non-IEM earbuds and headphones is in another league as far as isolation is concerned. when using loud public transport or similarly noisy environments the background noise becomes a faint murmur in the background and the music comes to the fore; the opposite to a badly isolating headphone. as a result you can get satisfying levels of musical enjoyment with a small amount of the volume needed otherwise.

the apple earbuds are one of the worst performers in this area I have ever experienced. in fact there is a group action against apple for damage to peoples hearing (well there was, dont know how it went) they make you want to pump up the volume and still dont satisfy.

LOL at your wall-O-sound John

Dec 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #13 of 13
Unless you need to be able to hear people talking to you, like others have said it's probably best to get an IEM of some sort. It will block out a decent amount of external noise and let you hear more of your music.

By getting an amp to just turn up the volume, you're going to damage your hearing in the long run. If you really just want to turn up the volume, you could try a fiio e5 since they're fairly cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back