Best amp for IEM's
Feb 9, 2012 at 9:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

CareyPrice31

Montreal Canadiens
Looking for an affordable yet quality amp for IEM's.

I'm looking to pair it with an iMod.

What do you guys suggest?

Thanks!

Feb 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM Post #2 of 11
I have the Fiio E11 and love it. Works great with my GR07's and EPH-100's. Paired with an iPod Nano. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #3 of 11
I would research what will match well with your IEM's.  What sound do they have and what sound do you hope for.  Base your amp choice by the sound signature you are seeking.  Something warmer, go for the TTVJ, cooler, the ALO RX MKII.  If size and shape isn't as important look at the RSA amps.  The have a heavier bass, but still very clean.  And their balanced amps are great.  But the shape can create a clumsy bundle to carry with you.   That's why I like the slim amps. But if you are only trying to power IEM's then look at the Pico Slim or the headstage arrow.  I haven't tried the last two.  And I certainly haven't tried all of the RSA Amps.  Or for $60 try the JD Labs altoid amps. 

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM Post #4 of 11
I have a Fiio E11 and love it...but what really makes my etymotics sound fantastic is the Digizoid ZO2. The current version has an amp in it and the etys love the smart vector bass effect.

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
I have a Fiio E11 and love it...but what really makes my etymotics sound fantastic is the Digizoid ZO2. The current version has an amp in it and the etys love the smart vector bass effect.

UHA4, Pico Slim as they have digital pots with lots of control and low volume listening without channel imbalance.

Feb 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #11 of 11
I've heard great things about the NwAvGuy O2 amp and it's well south of $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back