Best amp for Grado HP2 ...
Dec 23, 2007 at 10:02 AM Post #16 of 22
the best headphone setup i've listened to was krell amp and hp2 fed by a wadia cd player. i swear it was almost as good as listening through speakers, so much detail & impact. ear hp4 i'd say would be second on my list, although i prefer it with rs-1 because those two have a similar signature, i don't like when gear has different tonalities throughout.

Dec 23, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #19 of 22
Dec 23, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #20 of 22
Because the unknown will be known.

And beauce I'm using a tube amp with them, and I'd like to see how the HP2 sounds with a class a SS amp...

And than, may be, I'll go for a hybrid one... I think the experiences and test is the key to find the right equipment...

Dec 23, 2007 at 8:56 PM Post #21 of 22
... I forget this: this guy know something about it (if you understand italian... you also can know something...).

VIDEOHIFI 28 - AUDIO

Mar 6, 2008 at 1:48 PM Post #22 of 22
After 3 mounts I'm coming back here to tell you that I have (finally) found the best (IMHO) amp for my beloved Grado HP-2.

I have tested a lot of amps, and now I can declare that in my setup and for my personal tastes, the EAR HP-4 with these tubes: Fivre 6sl7gt first stage and GE in the output stage, is the preferred amp.

Incredible setup !!! Hard to tell if my first setup (K1000/Air Tight) is better... I don't believe so...

The EAR HP-4 is working balanced, this is very important !!!

Best!
Nik

Users who are viewing this thread

Back