Best Amp For Bassheads & DT770/80 Pro
Nov 23, 2008 at 5:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

influx.

New Head-Fier
What's the best amp for people that want immense head-shaking bass? These people may or may not own the Beyer DT770/80 Pro's.

I thought getting an X-Fi Prelude Soundcard would satisfy on it's own but that turns out to not be the case.

Been reading around and can see the Meier Corda 2Move has been popular with bass, but just how good is it for what people like me are looking for? Is the newer Corda 3Move a better option? Any other not entirely overpriced amps that can deliver the most bass possible?
basshead.gif

Nov 23, 2008 at 7:31 PM Post #3 of 10
Hi Influx, i receive your MP about the amps
wink.gif
Of the amps that i have/had, i got the best results from my Corda Arietta. Because the signal was much clean/transparent and the bass never distort (in max levels) as happen with my ex PA2V2. And it was punchier/deeper (it is a little bit punchier than any move amps [Acording to JAN (the manufacturer) on the move].
With the PA2V2 (maybe i get a defective unit) i get a lot of distortion/clipping in the bass and treble (after of 1 o'clock (before of that, the volume was the same that without it))....
After all, that headphone is current/voltage hungry...
If you want a home amp, and that is affordable and a very good bang for your buck. The Arietta is one of the best choice for your DT770pro and better than MANY (if not all) of the portables amps that there is...
You can read about the Little Dot MKV too, that is another affordable (and i think much more powerful than the Arietta) Home amp.
There can have more affordable home amps as Gilmore Lite that can be good with the DT770pro, but i don't known...

Nov 24, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #6 of 10
I had a 336i and with the proper tubes (RCA 6AS7GT / Ken Rad VT231) the bass was more than enough for me while using DT770's.

Nov 25, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #9 of 10
I got a Darkvoice 336se a few days ago (From Jasmine) and I am absolutely loving it with my DT770pro 80ohm. Never knew this was how these headphones were supposed to sound. I used to have a Pa2v2 but this is not just in another league its in another dimension
smily_headphones1.gif

I listen to some bassheavy music too, and although the amp is not completely burnt in yet i cant find it lacking in any area.

Jan 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM Post #10 of 10
My DT770 Pro/80s produce as much clean, tight bass as I could ever want driven by the headphone jack in my integrated amp. If I were to add a HP amp, I would be looking for things like a bigger soundstage and greater resolution. More bass is the last thing I would want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back