Best Amp/Dac for portable..
Oct 23, 2011 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MRiNiCK

500+ Head-Fier
I only know a couple of them E7 which I have and im thinking of selling it to get a better one
UHA-4
Pico Slim
Headstage arrow
any other dac/amp that are portable, where I can use it with my ipod touch and 1964 T.??

Oct 23, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #2 of 7
The Pico Slim is only an Amp. Not a DAC/Amp. But there is a bigger Pico DAC/Amp, just not the Slim.

For the iPod Touch your portable DAC/Amp options are the Fostex HP-P1, or Go-DAP (but with a dock extension cable like this). There's also the CLAS but it's DAC only & you'll need another portable Amp (like the Pico Slim, RX2, etc.).

The other USB based DAC/Amps (RSA Predator, iBasso D-Zero, E7, etc.) can't really be used directly with the iPod Touch. Those USB DAC/Amps are more for computer desktop/laptops.

Oct 23, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #3 of 7
Im willing to spend at most 200$

Oct 24, 2011 at 12:22 AM Post #4 of 7
Hmm...if your budget is $200 & you want to use it with your iPod Touch, then I'm thinking that you may have to use an external Amp only (& use the internal iPod Touch DAC).

You still could buy a portable DAC/Amp but use the Amp portion only with the iPod Touch. That's still not so bad cos you still could use the same DAC/Amp with your desktop/laptop if you want full DAC/Amp functionality.

Oct 28, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 7
Wanting another bump
anyone care to help me out.

Nov 4, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 7
Hmm...if your budget is $200 & you want to use it with your iPod Touch, then I'm thinking that you may have to use an external Amp only (& use the internal iPod Touch DAC).

You still could buy a portable DAC/Amp but use the Amp portion only with the iPod Touch. That's still not so bad cos you still could use the same DAC/Amp with your desktop/laptop if you want full DAC/Amp functionality.

late reply, but could you explain a little better?

because I have the D-Zero and i would pair it with my iphone/ipod touch with an LOD cable..
and when I go home to use the DAC feature ill just plug my laptop into the dac/amp and that's all.

Do i need to get a separate AMP for outside use instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back