Best Amp/DAC for monoprice 8323
Oct 28, 2012 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kitkaro

New Head-Fier

Hello everyone!

I recently bought the Monoprice 8323 about a couple of days ago and i'm loving them with the beyerdynamic DT250 velour pads. Right now, i use a FiiO E6 for my portable and realtek audio for my computer. Whats the best headphone amp/dac combo for under $150 USD? I was looking at the FiiO E7 or E11. Or should i keep my E6 and change to a dedicated soundcard for my computer? I listen to ALAC for my ipod and MP3/FLAC at home. Mostly Indie rock and electronic music ( i.e Dubstep, Electro, Drum and bass, Trance, etc)

Oct 28, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #2 of 4
Oct 28, 2012 at 11:08 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:
I recently bought the Monoprice 8323 about a couple of days ago and I'm loving them with the Beyerdynamic DT250 velour pads. Right now, i use a Fiio E6 for my portable and Realtek audio for my computer. Whats the best headphone amp/dac combo for under $150 USD? I was looking at the FiiO E7 or E11. Or should i keep my E6 and change to a dedicated sound card for my computer? I listen to ALAC for my iPod and MP3/FLAC at home. Mostly Indie rock and electronic music ( i.e Dubstep, Electro, Drum and bass, Trance, etc)

Asus Xonar DG ($26, PCI) or DGX ($40, PCI-E) sound card.
Half-way decent headphone amplifier, also has Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound.
I would think that is as much as you would want to spend for $23 headphones.
(I'm guessing you already have a Fiio L cable to connect the iPod to the E6)
The Monoprice might sound a little better if you connect the E6 between the Asus and the Monoprice 8323.
The E6 should have a much lower impedance (nice), then the Xonar's headphone output.

Oct 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Asus Xonar DG ($26, PCI) or DGX ($40, PCI-E) sound card.
Half-way decent headphone amplifier, also has Dolby Headphone 5.1 surround sound.
I would think that is as much as you would want to spend for $23 headphones.
(I'm guessing you already have a Fiio L cable to connect the iPod to the E6)
The Monoprice might sound a little better if you connect the E6 between the Asus and the Monoprice 8323.
The E6 should have a much lower impedance (nice), then the Xonar's headphone output.

Yes, I do the L cable. I don't have money right now. I'm just in the market of buying one and i just recently applied for a job. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back