Best amp besides this tread is not fair to other desighners.
Jul 19, 2005 at 2:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mr Do

1000+ Head-Fier
In all fairness to all the desighners out there I feal these type of threads need to be taken with caution. . Odviously newcomers will see these kinds of threads an ultimately make a decision under the assumption that one paticular model is superior to all others without even having a clue as to how it sounds. I understand it is necessary to rave about a product you honestly enjoy but please be aware of all the desighners and give them the respect they deserve when makeing statements as the best. To all newcomers relise that the best amp for you is your decision not the flavor of the month although it might well be. My dad's better than your dad... lol. I think we have all moved on from that stage in our life. If not were screwed.

Later.
Do!

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:17 AM Post #2 of 10
Well I thought opinions are like ... and everyone has one. If people don't read many different reviews and form there own opinion and go with the first amp review they see. So be it. One of the main reason's this forums are here is the my dad is.. stuff. I dunno. I see you point but I don't see it happening.

Anyways.. Generally I see people talking about are very good amps. How many sr-71 threads have a seen. I am not going to feel sorry for people who get that amp because they saw a million people saying it was great. lol..

Jul 19, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 10
If these threads turn into bashing that is fine and entertaining by me. I just want to give a heads up to the younger headfiers out there that's all. I'm waiting for someone to start a thread about the best amp other than brand x that isn't even made yet... lol! I'm sure it will be a great amp... the best amp ever even..lol!

I think we need a gear bashing section where headfiers can have a battle royal. Anyone up for it? <<Everyone elses gear sucks including those who have the same gear as me... not sure how that works but whatever. Take that..lol!>>

Later.
Do!

Jul 19, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #4 of 10
Quote:

under the assumption that one paticular model is superior to all others

You are a wise, very wise man!
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I think we have all moved on from that stage in our life.

Oh yeah? Please, stick around for a while.
lambda.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #5 of 10
I don’t see anything controversial in threads with bias towards a particular product, as long it is within reason and in line with Head-Fi rules of conduct.

For a beginner, it is nothing different from stepping into a Hi-Fi store, asking "the best headphone". It is highly unlikely they will advice a novice to go look somewhere else. Making a choice is really up to the individual self, just like in any other purchasing situation. I think, in general, that we here are much more nuanced when advising.

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:18 PM Post #8 of 10
I think most people will do the same thing I did at first and read a number of posts and impressions before buying anything. If you don't do some digging before you buy then you can only blame yourself.

With the exception of Bose bashing I think everyone here gives good respect to every product and maker and I don't think I've ever seen anything mean spirited here.

I see nothing wrong with arguing which amp is better, it is fair competition and gives a good true opinion from the one posting. Honesty should not be replaced by curiosity, everyone has different tastes in music and sound and it is only an opinion... take it with a grain of salt.

The most important thing is to just keep it respectful and explain the differences in SQ so it's not a blanket statement. I think everyone here does a pretty good job of that
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #9 of 10
To me reading, reading and reading is the core of this Head-Fi.org hobby. When I feel I have something to contribute with, I occationally write a post. Just like I did here.

I am also a beginner here. To me it quickly became clear that head gears are dear babies.
icon10.gif
It is something you clamp on your head - sound that is directly injected into your head - and, it becomes very intimate and close, also opinion wise. Therefore, it is not much beating around the bush here: people speak up when they feel their views are challenged.

I’m sorry; this was not meant as a speech really.
600smile.gif

I am, just simply, proud of being a member of this forum! I think everyone with some net experience is aware of that forums can vary vastly in quality. Members here show time after time that they are mature persons with a passion for audio, willing to help beginners with a start and happy to share their experience and knowledge with other members.

In the end of the day, however, it remains a public forum for enthusiasts. It is not a governmental advisory bureau.
tongue.gif

Jul 20, 2005 at 3:59 AM Post #10 of 10
I think it's simple: people say something is better or best with little support to make their general opinion known and easy to understand (I do it all the time as well).

But there is obviously so much to consider when making blanket statements publicly with little support for your opinions: ALOT of people could be affected, even in very small ways. This is not just an opinion contest amongst us Head-Fiers - there are alot of employees you have to consider...Having the ability to express yourself publicly about nearly anything (even headphones) is a beautiful thing. But with that, should come responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back