Best album of the 90s, everyone agrees.
May 27, 2010 at 1:46 PM Post #34 of 43

Quote:
I feel the same...  maybe the op can change the title to "what is the best 90's album to you?" and we can keep posting some great 90's albums.

If only we could change the thread titles.

May 28, 2010 at 2:13 AM Post #35 of 43
No need for the threads title to slow anyone down on posting what they think is best.

BUT!!!!!! please give some reason as to why.

I do think I've put up a pretty good case as to why this album is the best of 90s and why everyone agrees

Please do the same with what you put up as bettering what I have presented.

As for the sausage I am totally serious, just as I am about anything I say,
However the 45lbs of sausage meat has turned into 75-80 sausages 14 cups of Rillets 2 country pates and confit of heart and gizzard.

Sausage is being made from Guinea Fowl, Cock, Duck, Foie Gras, Pickled Ramps, duck fat, and a duck fat/guava paste emulsification (smoked over applewood for up to 2 hours depending on how well the smoke was sticking)
rillets have the addition of fowl stock, fresh ginger and duck fat
pate has further addition of guava paste, eggs, cream, more duck fat, curry powder and smoked fowl liver
Confit of heart and gizzard: both hearts and gizzards have been smoked with applewood and are being confited in the fat from a previous duck confit seasoned with garlic chive and dandelion blossoms.

Please put up an argument not just an artist and album title...

May 28, 2010 at 2:29 AM Post #36 of 43

Quote:
No need for the threads title to slow anyone down on posting what they think is best.

I do think I've put up a pretty good case as to why this album is the best of 90s and why everyone agrees

However the 45lbs of sausage meat has turned into 75-80 sausages 14 cups of Rillets 2 country pates and confit of heart and gizzard.

Sausage is being made from Guinea Fowl, Cock, Duck, Foie Gras, Pickled Ramps, duck fat, and a duck fat/guava paste emulsification (smoked over applewood for up to 2 hours depending on how well the smoke was sticking)
pate has further addition of guava paste, eggs, cream, more duck fat, curry powder and smoked fowl liver
Confit of heart and gizzard: both hearts and gizzards have been smoked with applewood and are being confited in the fat from a previous duck confit seasoned with garlic chive and dandelion blossoms.

there is realy nothing to "argue" about...because it is really only about good music and classical albums which will forever be remembered as classical 90's albums. 
Don't need to mention more albums than already been mentioned in this thread...
imo there is no "Best", because all of them are different from each other and the 90's wouldn't be the 90's without any one of them.

May 28, 2010 at 11:40 AM Post #37 of 43
I think op means "reason" instead of argument.
eg. I might say Primus - The Brown Album was best because it has amazing bass, fun songs and isn't commenting on society at the time. And it's what me and my friends were listening to at the time.

May 28, 2010 at 3:55 PM Post #40 of 43
Man, that is some wicked charcuterie!  I've just started this year with simple stuff like bacon, guanciale, a couple of pates, fresh kielbasa, bresiola and my first cured ham.  You're obviously more experienced than I am at it.

But you know you can't make a good case for why everyone agrees when everyone doesn't.

- Ed

Quote:

May 28, 2010 at 4:08 PM Post #41 of 43
I'm not saying its not ridiculous. But I'll maintain my position if only to solicit greater opposition! And I do mean argument, not in that way that carries a since of violence but in the way that carries a sense of well reasoned thought. Why where you listening to what you think is best? How did is affect things? How has that affect carried on since then? What does the album attempt to say about it;s context? Or how does it attempt to create a new one?

Lets have a serious discussion prompted by a stupid tag line "everyone agrees"!

As for charcutterie... it's my first attempt at anything other than confit. I'm building up to constructing a community smokehouse for sullivan county NY that will produce smoked and aged hams of my own design and will allow local small farms to extend their production and will hopefully get some larger local producers to do a few smaller-run specialty smoked items labeled as a collaboration between them and the farm/art institution that will be home to the smokehouse.

May 29, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #42 of 43
Very cool effort.  I hope you make it work.  We currently get pork and beef from a grower in Maine, but our processing is really just personal household scope.

As far as best of the 90's, I'd be stretched to counter-argue as I was too busy flying around on airplanes to support my family during that decade, and hardly paid attention even to jazz, which was and remains my favorite genre.

- Ed

Jun 24, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #43 of 43
It just barely made it, released in 1999 and my favorite of the 1990's would be The Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back