Best 8-16gb Player
Nov 30, 2008 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

budz71

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone I am about to buy my 1st mp3 player and I have researched a lot and can't decide. I'm leaning to a 8gb Sony S738 but for the same price I can get a 16gb creative zen or X-fi. I am more interested in the most user friendly software both on the player and for the computer than I am sound quality as I will be using it most in the car and on my home stereo. Here are the models that I have narrowed it down to. Please feel free to add more models if there is any I have missed. Thanks

8gb Sony Walkman (too many models to list)
8gb Sansa Fuse
8-16gb Creative zen
8-16gb Creative X-fi
8-16gb Ipod Nano

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:51 PM Post #4 of 13
Cowon D2 for sound quality and format flexibility.

Nov 30, 2008 at 2:58 PM Post #5 of 13
The best price I've seen is $180 for the S738 and that is about the highest I would want to go. I've also seen the 16gb X-fi for the same price so I could double my capacity. or should I stay away from creative. On the other end of the spectrum I have seen other 8gb sony models for $100 or less. I'm not sure if I need all of these extra features if I am mostly using it in the can and on my home stereo.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by budz71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The best price I've seen is $180 for the S738 and that is about the highest I would want to go. I've also seen the 16gb X-fi for the same price so I could double my capacity. or should I stay away from creative. On the other end of the spectrum I have seen other 8gb sony models for $100 or less. I'm not sure if I need all of these extra features if I am mostly using it in the can and on my home stereo.

Advance mp3 still has the S639 for 99.00 british pounds and they ship to the US. It comes out to about 150.00 with the exchange rate. It's an amazing little player. Also sansa fuze 4 gig is still on sale at newegg for 48.00 for blk 4 gig (last day is today), throw in an 8 or 16 gig card and you have a good sounding cheap player. I prefer the sound of they sony my self by a small margin, but the fuze/ clip is outstanding also. Both would excel in the can, and has be tested many times by yours truly
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 13
I don't know about best but for value the I got the 8g Fuse a couple of days ago for 59.95$ locally at Costco. It will take an additional 16g microSD card for a total of 24 gigs. To me it's sound is amazing. I would not have thought that it could sound this good being the price it is. I would not say it is better than any of the others since I have not heard them though.

Nov 30, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know about best but for value the I got the 8g Fuse a couple of days ago for 59.95$ locally at Costco. It will take an additional 16g microSD card for a total of 24 gigs. To me it's sound is amazing. I would not have thought that it could sound this good being the price it is. I would not say it is better than any of the others since I have not heard them though.

No Costco around me
frown.gif
It was black too wasn't it ?

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatepopupads /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Costco around me
frown.gif
It was black too wasn't it ?

Yes, it is black.

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:51 PM Post #11 of 13
I was surprised they were black, but the lady at the check out would not let me buy two even though the other one was to be gifted out. I did have two coupon books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back