Best $50-100 IEMs
Apr 1, 2008 at 5:44 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by andrus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I am now going to get the Denon C551's. They look like they'll be really nice for $65. They are durable though right? I see that everyone says they are well-built but will the wire be able to take some heat? This is important esp. after having my Vibes break on me 2 times in a period of less then 1.5 years -_-. And they are an upgrade to them correct?

They are very nice, and $65 is a great price for them. They are easily (if you ask me) worth their MSRP of $99.

I've only had my C551s for a month or two, but yes, they feel like they are very durable. They feel very solid and built to last, thanks to the fact that they're made out of aluminium rather than plastic like most other IEMs and canalphones. They feel like high quality gear for sure.
I haven't really tested how much the cable can handle (I treat them pretty carefully, and always put them in the great hard case you get with them when I'm not using them), but it seems tough enough. It's much thicker than the cable of my other canalphones, the Sony MDR-EX082s. It's also softer, in a good way. Doesn't feel like it would crack (like a harder, thinner cable probably could) or anything like that.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 19
As RoadHazard said these are built solidly. The housing is aluminum and the cable is extremely durable. These are some of the best and solid headphones out there.

Apr 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaLyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, they haven't been released yet, so there wouldn't be many pictures of them out there..
But I just took some pictures of them:
img9025cm0.jpg

img9029jr4.jpg

img9041vk4.jpg

img9054iq4.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality, I'm working with an old Canon SD30
frown.gif
)

Oh, by the way, they're kind of open (see grill on back). I tried listening to music with my fingers over the grills once, and it was horrendous. The grills give them better soundstage, clarity, bass, and highs. With minimal sound leakage
biggrin.gif

The stock biflange tips isolate very well, too.

i didn't get it... are the open or do they isolate?
i need an isolating phone for the bus and etc, will this suit me?

Apr 2, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by BetaLyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, they haven't been released yet, so there wouldn't be many pictures of them out there..
But I just took some pictures of them:
img9025cm0.jpg

img9029jr4.jpg

img9041vk4.jpg

img9054iq4.jpg

(Sorry for the bad quality, I'm working with an old Canon SD30
frown.gif
)

Oh, by the way, they're kind of open (see grill on back). I tried listening to music with my fingers over the grills once, and it was horrendous. The grills give them better soundstage, clarity, bass, and highs. With minimal sound leakage
biggrin.gif

The stock biflange tips isolate very well, too.

Hi BetaLyr, Your pics are very nice. Can we use your pic at our sponsor thread? Our camera was broken last week
frown.gif
. Thanks.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back