Best 3.5mm to 3.5mm (Mini to Mini) cable for Source to Amp?
Jul 9, 2009 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

FYJX

Previously known as MaoDi
Hello,

i'm just wondering which mini to mini cable is well....basically the best? best meaning the least detail lost, high quality build, and use of good material. (suggestions at least?) yes i know this is kinda silly, but i haven't tried all the cables out there and i'm sure some of you folks here have tried millions, and if you don't mind just suggesting a couple to me.

Doesn't have to be long, just long enough to hook up my source to my amp, which would be about...15cm to about 25cm would be fine.

Thanks
wink_face.gif

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:08 AM Post #4 of 21
it also depends on your uses. for people who need thicker connectors, ALO makes some very nice looking cables that are sturdy and have great construction. when it comes to actual sound quality, you may find that there really isn't much of a difference unless something really is wrong with a cable versus the pack.

some people swear there is heaps difference and many more swear the opposite. there are those like me then, who buy based on the quality of craftsmanship, connector size and length; customer service is also something to look after.

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
it also depends on your uses. for people who need thicker connectors, ALO makes some very nice looking cables that are sturdy and have great construction. when it comes to actual sound quality, you may find that there really isn't much of a difference unless something really is wrong with a cable versus the pack.

some people swear there is heaps difference and many more swear the opposite. there are those like me then, who buy based on the quality of craftsmanship, connector size and length; customer service is also something to look after.

Quality of Craftsmanship comes first. I'm sure that a higher quality conductor say 99.9999% OFC is going to sound better and produce a more accurate and precise sound as to something that you find lying around in the electronics store. But definitely, i agree with what you're saying. I am looking in to this, i currently am using a 99.9999% OFC cable right now, but i don't like the design and flexibility of it. I prefer something like the iBasso CB01 or CB02.

However, i can't find that anywhere here in Canada. So it's quite hard to decided.

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:19 AM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are beautiful cables - and not too expensive. yeah, finding things like that in canada is hard... i usually just ordered. a mate of mine was making cables, but doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

I like those two cables. Can't seem to find them online to order, i guess i'll have to wait a bit. Ah, sad thing mate. Wish he still did, still haven't tried a DIY cable yet...

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #10 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by fuseboxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think when considering cables... length, flexibility and durability - generally the physical aesthetic and practical application - should matter more than what it will do to the sound quality.

=) That is right, that is why earlier i posted that Craftsmanship is first. Sound quality comes second. I'm trying to get a new cable, because i don't like my current one based on Design, material, Craftsmanship, and flexibility.

Jul 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #11 of 21
I just finished mine.
I got in local store (selling different wires) pure cooper, silver plated two feet cable cut it and nicely soldered. I'm happy that I found Neutrik gold plated connectors. With heat-shrink tubes looks quite cool
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounding really great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back