Best 2.1 speaker system for $100-200?
Feb 19, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 20
It's either that one or the Logitech Z-3000 set. I have both and have been using the Klipsch 2.1 Pro Media. My fiancee's got the Logitech set-up downstairs at her desk. One of these days I'll do an A/B comparison between the two. If you get the Klipsch speakers, the Klipsch website offers a Monster Cable upgrade for the system that I believe is $30. It's worth it, even though it's "Monster" it is significantly better than the stock cables, especially in the bass department- makes it a lot less "one note" and "boomy." Not sure which one is actually "better", but I am using the Klipsch, and being the "King of the Castle" I definitely have my choice...Actually, she could care less about audio.

Feb 19, 2006 at 2:53 PM Post #5 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
." Not sure which one is actually "better", but I am using the Klipsch, and being the "King of the Castle" I definitely have my choice...Actually, she could care less about audio.

Dude, not sure about being the "king of the castle" part...she could care less sound much better
k1000smile.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 20
Whether or not the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system is best for you, depends upon your use, your tastes, and your goals. If you like alot of gaming with low frequency effects, will use your system mainly for movies, or like hip-hop style bass, then the Klipsch is a good choice. If you mainly like music, the Swans M200 are a much better bet, though their lack of a subwoofer restricts them to about 50-60 Hz on the bottom. Another option is to get the M200's now, and later purchase a home subwoofer. Most computer multi-media speakers and subwoofers leave a great deal to be desired when it comes to sound quality.

Feb 19, 2006 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by scm207
Whether or not the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system is best for you, depends upon your use, your tastes, and your goals. If you like alot of gaming with low frequency effects, will use your system mainly for movies, or like hip-hop style bass, then the Klipsch is a good choice. If you mainly like music, the Swans M200 are a much better bet, though their lack of a subwoofer restricts them to about 50-60 Hz on the bottom. Another option is to get the M200's now, and later purchase a home subwoofer. Most computer multi-media speakers and subwoofers leave a great deal to be desired when it comes to sound quality.

what amp for the m200?

Feb 19, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #9 of 20
No offense, but the guy's looking for the best 2.1 system... I've yet to hear of a 2.0 system that you can add a subwoofer to.

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:45 PM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7
No offense, but the guy's looking for the best 2.1 system... I've yet to hear of a 2.0 system that you can add a subwoofer to.

my computer desk vibrates...
280smile.gif

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:52 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by scm207
Can't add a subwoofer to a 2.0 system?? That depends upon a number of factors, including the soundcard being used. I'm running my M200's with an Earthquake subwoofer.

i hope your not using the 15 incher lol...
actually yea i do that would be awsome!

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by familyman

my computer desk vibrates...
280smile.gif

put it on the floor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back