Besides the iPod, what players have a good line out?
Jul 19, 2005 at 1:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cheechoz

Headphoneus Supremus
What are the best sounding portable players with the line out option? I'm looking for an alternative to an iPod, but need good storage capacity. I'm thinking iRiver. Can you please give me some options to go by!

Jul 19, 2005 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 6
iRiver's H100's and H300's both have a line-out port
Cowon's iAudio X5 has one on it's little sub-pack thing

and a few players have one on the dock like the Rio Karma, and I think iRiver's H10

Jul 19, 2005 at 3:24 PM Post #3 of 6
I remember someone saying that the Rio Karma doesn't have a true line-out (from the dock, that is. something on the lines of a fixed volume at 29, I believe). Can anyone confirm this? That would be very disappointing if it weren't...

~Tom

Jul 19, 2005 at 4:27 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nerull
I remember someone saying that the Rio Karma doesn't have a true line-out (from the dock, that is. something on the lines of a fixed volume at 29, I believe). Can anyone confirm this? That would be very disappointing if it weren't...

~Tom

I'm fairly sure that the karma does have a true line out. If you put the volume at 28 or higher, it increases the power output of the amp, which simulates line out quality. However, I think the actual line out is real.

The iriver line outs, however, are not true line outs.

I think some sonys have line outs, though I doubt they are true either. But still, it's an option; i'm sure it's better than the hp out.

You could also look into something like the nomad jukebox or neuros, which use 2.5" harddrives, so you can easily and cheaply have as much storage space as you need. The downside being that they are pretty large.

Oh, and the iaudio x5 has a line out on the attachment.

Unfortunately, the ipod has the best portable solution for a line out, which is why I have one right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back