Beoplay E8
Nov 21, 2019 at 5:52 PM Post #526 of 581
Same here. The phone and E8 are connected but the B&O app doesn't seem to acknowledge this and says "We cannot reach your product".
A phone reset from time to time helps, but it is very annoying.. hope B&O will fix this.

This is what their support told me to do and it worked:
Hi, often this type of issue is the result of your iOS device's settings getting confused between the Bluetooth signal and the BLE signal for the app. In most cases this happens after an iOS update or other settings changes.

To resolve this please complete the following:

- Delete any previous pairings on your phone in the Bluetooth settings
- Turn your phone off
- Reset your E8 2.0 by tapping and holding both ear buds until the light on the right ear bud flashes red (buds must be less than 20cm apart)
- Turn your phone back on
- Do not open the B&O app yet
- Open the Bluetooth settings on your phone
- Tap and hold both ear buds again this time only until the light flashes blue indicating it is in pairing mode
- Select your E8 2.0 on the screen of your phone to connect

After you are connected in this manner you can open the app and connect again. Your E8 2.0 should automatically connect the next time you use it. Should the issue ever reoccur because of an update or other events, these steps should take care of it.

If you need more help, please do let me know.

Nov 28, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #527 of 581
Just returned mine and changed for AirPods Pro, to much hard work getting them to connect to my iPhone, and although many times everything said connected I got no sound, very frustrating as they sounded good when they worked.

Dec 4, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #528 of 581
Two weeks ago I had a problem with the Right Earpiece, suddenly the volume dropped considerably.. and it stayed like this.
Tried resetting them a few times but it didn't solve the issue.
I contacted B&O Customer service in Europe and they suggested to visit a B&O store closest to me.
Dropped the E8 on Sunday, on Monday morning I receive a call that I can pass by the store to pick up a new set that got immediately approved.
I was impressed that B&O was so quick, did it help that I already communicated with B&O in Europe? I suppose it did..

The new set connection seems rock solid for now. I don't have anymore problems with the B&O app.
IMHO they're still one of the better sounding TWS.
I'm in love again with them, for me they're ideal for working out as they fit perfectly in my ears (I have the E8 Motion in white).

Jan 4, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #530 of 581
Did anybody ever sorted out the right earbud crackling on piano and some other soft songs? I just bought e8 2.0, updated to latest 5.3.0 firmware and first day I realized the problem. Then I found this thread. It looks the problem persists from 1. generation. Does this crackling to all of you but you just deal with it? Did anybody ever solved something with BO support or all of you returned and bought another brand?

Jan 4, 2020 at 6:41 AM Post #531 of 581
Did anybody ever sorted out the right earbud crackling on piano and some other soft songs? I just bought e8 2.0, updated to latest 5.3.0 firmware and first day I realized the problem. Then I found this thread. It looks the problem persists from 1. generation. Does this crackling to all of you but you just deal with it? Did anybody ever solved something with BO support or all of you returned and bought another brand?
Nothing at all

Jan 15, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #532 of 581
Version 3 of the E8s just announced. Much longer battery life (buds and case) and slightly smaller. Out in Feb

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:18 PM Post #533 of 581

have you tried it on another phone to see if the same problem exists?

Jan 16, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #534 of 581
Can you give me an example of the songs it happens on and I’ll check using my E8 V2.0 on both Tidal and Spotify.

Jan 17, 2020 at 4:16 AM Post #536 of 581
I find it Apple specific. I hear it when listening on iPhone, iPad and my Mac.
Haven’t noticed it on android phone.

In the beginning of this track for example:

Listened on Spotify to the whole song and no issue. I had an issue with Muse’s latest album popping on one of the streaming services and not on others! Can’t remember which ones.

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:19 PM Post #537 of 581
So they returned me headphones back from waranty claim with "After thoroughly testing your product, we were unable to reproduce the fault provided in warranty claim." Thank you B&O to warn before buying any other product. I really dont want to buy luxury high end things with no waranty and no customer service. Unfortunately i didnt buy directly from them so i only have waranty but no possibility to return in "testing period".

Feb 8, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #538 of 581
Can you give me an example of the songs it happens on and I’ll check using my E8 V2.0 on both Tidal and Spotify.
Hi, tried with laptop and phone (samsung galaxy s7). Its for example in song Gaze, interpreter Moux, on spotify, but also other platforms. I can hear it in many other soft piano songs usually. Its only in right bud and its not very loud but annoing when i know about it. I can find tens of other piaono songs and always the same. B&O replied for my warranty claim that everything is OK, so I'm very unsatisfied with the company for my first and last experience unfortunately. I also tested with speaker sony srs-x99, with audiophile headphones Grado sr325is and no problem.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2020 at 6:29 PM Post #539 of 581
Hi, tried with laptop and phone (samsung galaxy s7). Its for example in song Gaze, interpreter Moux, on spotify, but also other platforms. I can hear it in many other soft piano songs usually. Its only in right bud and its not very loud but annoing when i know about it. I can find tens of other piaono songs and always the same. B&O replied for my warranty claim that everything is OK, so I'm very unsatisfied with the company for my first and last experience unfortunately. I also tested with speaker sony srs-x99, with audiophile headphones Grado sr325is and no problem.

Your are correct. I tested mine with mentioned song.
1st time I know of this matter.

Feb 9, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #540 of 581
I find it Apple specific. I hear it when listening on iPhone, iPad and my Mac.
Haven’t noticed it on android phone.

In the beginning of this track for example:

I have this crackling on this song also. Exactly the same which i described in this forum with others songs. I have it from Android and Windows. I sent my headphones to rma and they returned it back that they didnt find any malfunction and everything ok for them. I hate the company, I wasted the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back