Beoplay E8
Jun 9, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #497 of 581
I've owned two pairs.

Like everybody and their grandmother, I immediately updated the firmware on my first set, and immediately started having issues.

I RMA'ed them. The second set are still running the original firmware, flawlessly, a couple years later.

It's possible the reflash code is broken, or some other part of their OTA update process.

Since it's not possible to retry the same update using their app, you're stuck until the next firmware release, which could also fail, presumably.

Sample size of one, so YMMV, but based on public comments, many failures follow attempted firmware updates.

Jun 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #498 of 581
I’ve had then since day one and have 2 issues:

Very short relatively frequent left unit cut outs. This has been present since day one and is still present but each new fw seemed to reduce the frequency a little.

If the case runs out of juice you can’t turn the buds on even if they are fully charged.

Other than these 2 issues I actually liked them but just like the Earin M2 more, in the end I couldn’t live with the left unit cut outs.

I also like my Havit G1 but the lack of ambient mode was a deal breaker in the end.

The Earin M2 actually tick all my boxes for a true wireless, would just have liked the battery to last longer than a little over 3 hours per charge but fir me it is long enough 95% of the time

Jun 11, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #499 of 581
FWIW: I have enjoyed the e8 for 1.5 years now. They sound very nice although sometimes with some sibliance, which may controlled with the app. Otherwise same comments as @nc8000 although don’t notice or is annoyed by the left drop outs.

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:33 PM Post #500 of 581
I noticed left drop-outs occurring on my E8s when on the streets of NYC. As opposed to railroad or subway, during which I experience no drop-outs using E8.

Jul 6, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #501 of 581
I noticed left drop-outs occurring on my E8s when on the streets of NYC. As opposed to railroad or subway, during which I experience no drop-outs using E8.

I’ve had left unit drop outs in all kinds of environments since day one which is the reason I eventually gave up on them

Jul 8, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #502 of 581
I’ve had left unit drop outs in all kinds of environments since day one which is the reason I eventually gave up on them
It is really strange, because I don’t experience this very often. I have had the E8 since they were realesed. Wonder how much the environment may interfere? I still enjoy the very good sound from them......

Jul 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #503 of 581
It is really strange, because I don’t experience this very often. I have had the E8 since they were realesed. Wonder how much the environment may interfere? I still enjoy the very good sound from them......

I got mine the day they were released. I’ve not had a single session with them without frequent drop outs although very short drop outs

Jul 9, 2019 at 5:18 AM Post #504 of 581
Had my pair for over 1 year and generally happy with the performance. Not had many drop outs of the left earbud and I'm in very busy central London. I do have an issue with it unpairing itself from the phone if I take the buds out of my ear while it's still playing.

But these will soon to be my backup pair, once the new Sony WF-1000XM3 come out.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #505 of 581
Was searching for a nice pair of true wireless for some time but was not sold on anything I tried.
Momentum TW was the best sounding, but all the problems I read on HF.. second were the E8 (I really like B&O, have a few of their speakers and a few cans..), but they also come with their set of bugs.

Anyhow, sold my beloved SE846 last week (mostly used for the gym) +there was a nice discount on the E8 Motion.. so I somehow ended up with these:
E8 11.jpgE8 12.jpg

So far so good, fit is perfect for me, with the additional ear fins seems quite stable and I should be able to run/exercise.
Qi wireless charging case is perfect as I have a few charging pads + USB C cable (I refuse to buy anything without USB C in 2019 :))
First day of use connection was really solid, not a single dropout, they connected at first try and also reconnect immediately I hope it will stay like this.
Touch commands work perfectly (like on my travel headphone, Beoplay H9i, worked flawlessly from day 1).
SQ is solid for TW, lacks a bit of sub bass rumble, but you cannot have everything.. and these are not for critical listening anyway.

Will report back after a few weeks of proper usage.

Btw, what is the current firmware of these?

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #506 of 581
Was searching for a nice pair of true wireless for some time but was not sold on anything I tried.
Momentum TW was the best sounding, but all the problems I read on HF.. second were the E8 (I really like B&O, have a few of their speakers and a few cans..), but they also come with their set of bugs.

Anyhow, sold my beloved SE846 last week (mostly used for the gym) +there was a nice discount on the E8 Motion.. so I somehow ended up with these:

So far so good, fit is perfect for me, with the additional ear fins seems quite stable and I should be able to run/exercise.
Qi wireless charging case is perfect as I have a few charging pads + USB C cable (I refuse to buy anything without USB C in 2019 :))
First day of use connection was really solid, not a single dropout, they connected at first try and also reconnect immediately I hope it will stay like this.
Touch commands work perfectly (like on my travel headphone, Beoplay H9i, worked flawlessly from day 1).
SQ is solid for TW, lacks a bit of sub bass rumble, but you cannot have everything.. and these are not for critical listening anyway.

Will report back after a few weeks of proper usage.

Btw, what is the current firmware of these?
Congrats, looking forward to hear your experience. According to the B&O app it is 5.6.0.

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #507 of 581
Congrats, looking forward to hear your experience. According to the B&O app it is 5.6.0.

So nothing new since I stopped using mine about 3/4 year ago

Jul 10, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #509 of 581
Impressive, seeing as the E8 was released in Oct 0217.

I got mine the day they were released and used them for nearly a year until getting the Havit G1 and then the Earin M2 that I now use exclusively

Jul 30, 2019 at 7:33 PM Post #510 of 581
I just got the E8 2.0 and the latest firmware listed in the iOS app is 5.3.0. Did they remove 5.6.0? Bass and subbass are pretty tight but lacks midrange and there’s siblance on the high end. There’s less noise isolation than I expected which is non-optimal for train commutes. Very comfortable, light, small. Case is great.

UPDATE: I returned the E8 2.0 today; the stabby sibilance was too painful. I went for the Sennheiser MTW instead and am much happier; phenomenal sound quality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back