For Sale
Currency
AUD
Price
May 9, 2012 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

dave650

100+ Head-Fier
Hello,
I have been on Headfi since about 2008, I think, but have not yet sold anything here.
I am under heavy debt at the moment, and my plans of world domination via two chain system are sadly in tatters.
So I have for sale my Benz Micro Lukaschek preamp.
The preamp itself is naturally in full working condition, I bought it broken on eBay and sent it back to Benz Micro for the repairs, they just replaced the entire board which at that point was T9 spec, so that's good. They also re-did the lettering, but already a few of the letters are starting to lift, namely the L and S in Lukaschek and the U and O in LINE OUT. The lettering on these units are very fragile, and they are a bit tricky to keep clean because of this.
But I AM trying to sell this, haha, and that's the one negative you'll be reading from me about this great little unit. Extremely neutral clean preamp with more than enough gain for the lower voltage cartridges, I used a modded Denon DL103 and a beautiful old Supex 900 MKIV on this preamp, and I'm pretty sure that latter cart is 200 microvolts.
It's an amazing sounding preamp and I'm sure to miss it.
The wall plug isn't original, I don't think it is anyway, it's been modded at the terminal end so it fits the unit and it's a EU type plug. I used it through a universal powerboard. I once emailed Benz asking if a "better" PSU would benefit the Lukaschek and they replied "no".
I'm happy to ship this anywhere at buyers expense and can get back with shipping quotes usually within 12 hours.
It has been sitting on my shelf unused for the last year, my other 'almost home made' preamp does all the work these days, and I hope it lasts as without the Lukaschek there is no backup.
Just dropped the price, down to $700 AU

May 9, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #2 of 2

dave650

100+ Head-Fier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread