Benjie Offical Thread
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:10 PM Post #1,591 of 2,126
Hey mate the box is different to mine but they could be different versions? Or different build dates?

The player looks the same as mine. I am not sure what you mean by symbols it looks the same as mine?

When mine is paused i can hear background noise it sounds like a clock ticking? Some thing electrical is leaking because when you leave it stopped for a while the sound will go away? It has to be a capacitor or a resistor it could be a bleeder resistor?

Hello, when I refer to the 5 symbols I'm talking about the stuff I circled in yellow in the attached picture. Other's X1's don't have this according to the pictures they've posted. Does yours have them? 20171002_1926521lol.jpg I also hear background noise like a clock ticking as well. Hm... As for the bleeding stuff you mentioned, I'm not sure. It hasn't gone away even as I've left it playing music. I wonder how to get it fixed :frowning2: thank you for your input though!

I can't dig my box out right now but I did have a look at the firmware and it's the same as on yours. I don't get the humming or any noise associated with pressing the touch buttons but it does give a loud pop sometimes when turning the DAP off.

I see... I also forgot to mention that the player plays the two test songs already on the internal memory OOTB just fine. But everything I play on my SD card brings out this really disturbing crackling/humming noise I was talking about. Anyways, what about the model name on yours? Looking up the one on mine (US212A) brings up sites talking about the Ruizu X02. Not a good sign :frowning2: I really hope mine isn't a fake, but with how buggy the player is (I can't even turn the thing on right now. Crivens.) and all of the other things I've mentioned about it... I ain't so sure anymore. Thank you for your input, too. I already emailed Benjie to ask if they recognized the packaging and the design on the back of my player. Hoping to hear from them soon.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #1,592 of 2,126
Hello, when I refer to the 5 symbols I'm talking about the stuff I circled in yellow in the attached picture. Other's X1's don't have this according to the pictures they've posted. Does yours have them? I also hear background noise like a clock ticking as well. Hm... As for the bleeding stuff you mentioned, I'm not sure. It hasn't gone away even as I've left it playing music. I wonder how to get it fixed :frowning2: thank you for your input though!

I see... I also forgot to mention that the player plays the two test songs already on the internal memory OOTB just fine. But everything I play on my SD card brings out this really disturbing crackling/humming noise I was talking about. Anyways, what about the model name on yours? Looking up the one on mine (US212A) brings up sites talking about the Ruizu X02. Not a good sign :frowning2: I really hope mine isn't a fake, but with how buggy the player is (I can't even turn the thing on right now. Crivens.) and all of the other things I've mentioned about it... I ain't so sure anymore. Thank you for your input, too. I already emailed Benjie to ask if they recognized the packaging and the design on the back of my player. Hoping to hear from them soon.
Mine does not have the extra symbols on the back but if it's any consolation mine also came with the two test tracks haha.

Oct 3, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #1,593 of 2,126
Mine does not have the extra symbols on the back but if it's any consolation mine also came with the two test tracks haha.
Crud. That's not good at all. Paying less to the seller I got it from as opposed to the sellers who had it for about $4 more wasn't worth it in the end, I guess. Funny that the test tracks seem to be the same though lol.

Oct 3, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #1,594 of 2,126
Oct 4, 2017 at 5:50 AM Post #1,595 of 2,126

Chinese players could go by several names due to region or lose marketing policies / practice (OEM, retail packaging etc.). Be cautious of cheaper price since feature, package content and option is also vary between sellers. My Askmeer K5, after some "accidental" searching, is actually Benjie C20 or goes by other names Auphil M20, Chenfec and whatever names, only God knows what may appear in the future. Unlike Benjie C20 specs, mine has no pedometer function, which is rather disappointing despite potential inaccuracy of the feature. The name "Go Play" is what actually printed in retail box and no brand shown on the back of the player.
Good thing is, no unexpected noise caused by the touch buttons also operations is quite responsive. It does generate brief hiss exclusively applies to the very first played song after being turned on from off state. Still I consider the player a good purchase as all the basic functions work properly. Sound quality is also decent for its price.

Oct 4, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #1,596 of 2,126
Chinese players could go by several names due to region or lose marketing policies / practice (OEM, retail packaging etc.). Be cautious of cheaper price since feature, package content and option is also vary between sellers. My Askmeer K5, after some "accidental" searching, is actually Benjie C20 or goes by other names Auphil M20, Chenfec and whatever names, only God knows what may appear in the future. Unlike Benjie C20 specs, mine has no pedometer function, which is rather disappointing despite potential inaccuracy of the feature. The name "Go Play" is what actually printed in retail box and no brand shown on the back of the player.
Good thing is, no unexpected noise caused by the touch buttons also operations is quite responsive. It does generate brief hiss exclusively applies to the very first played song after being turned on from off state. Still I consider the player a good purchase as all the basic functions work properly. Sound quality is also decent for its price.
Yes, it's quite well known that Benjie manufactures a lot of oem products the most commonly known one is the agptek Rocker which is a rebranded T6. I find Benjie to consistently be the best of the ultra budget DAPS.

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:17 AM Post #1,597 of 2,126
Yes, it's quite well known that Benjie manufactures a lot of oem products the most commonly known one is the agptek Rocker which is a rebranded T6. I find Benjie to consistently be the best of the ultra budget DAPS.

Is the BenjieT6 and its rebrands the only current Benjie/Agptek model to support gapless play?

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:14 AM Post #1,599 of 2,126

Crud. That's not good at all. Paying less to the seller I got it from as opposed to the sellers who had it for about $4 more wasn't worth it in the end, I guess. Funny that the test tracks seem to be the same though lol.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the 5 symbols you are seeing are for United States certification. Look at the FCC symbol. That is Federal Communications Commission certified. Definitely would not have that in Thailand.

If you get the problem sound with your micro sd card, but not with the internal test tracks, have you tried using a different card. Not saying that is it, but that would be one more step in troubleshooting. If it does the same thing with a different card, I would suggest return. Good luck and keep us apprised in how it goes.

Oct 4, 2017 at 10:20 AM Post #1,600 of 2,126
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the 5 symbols you are seeing are for United States certification. Look at the FCC symbol. That is Federal Communications Commission certified. Definitely would not have that in Thailand.

If you get the problem sound with your micro sd card, but not with the internal test tracks, have you tried using a different card. Not saying that is it, but that would be one more step in troubleshooting. If it does the same thing with a different card, I would suggest return. Good luck and keep us apprised in how it goes.
Yes, he should probably try adding some more songs directly to the on board storage to see if the problem is limited to the SD card

Oct 4, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #1,601 of 2,126

So that's what that is :O the player also has the FCC and CCC symbols for European and Chinese... quality control (from what I understand after a quick Google search)? Haven't been paying attention if those 3 are usually put together on the same product.

As for the SD card, yeah, I'll switch my 64gb with my 32gb and see if anything changes. I want to get a 128gb card for the player (it was advertised to support up to that amount) but if there's problems with the 32gb as well, I really might have to return it as you suggested... which means dealing with an unresponisve AliExpress seller who so far has only communicated back to me via Emojis :/ I'll definitely let all of you know how it goes. If anyone here does buy a Benjie X1 I hope your experience will be much better than mine lol

Oct 4, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #1,602 of 2,126
So I replaced my 64gb SD card with my 32gb, and then my 16gb, and the same thing happens: there is still that noise when I played songs from the SD cards. I tried adding more songs to the internal storage and playing those; surprisingly the same noise was present there. Apparently the noise was there even with the 2 test songs but I somehow didn't notice before I listened after adding more songs (which I know doesn't make sense :frowning2:) I guess that means either a return (ugh) or waiting to see if any new firmware could fix it (unlikely)... so frustrating...

Another thing; when I plugged the device into my computer it was identified as: "NO NAME" and I'm wondering if it's the same for any other Benjie X1 owners around?

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #1,604 of 2,126
So I replaced my 64gb SD card with my 32gb, and then my 16gb, and the same thing happens: there is still that noise when I played songs from the SD cards. I tried adding more songs to the internal storage and playing those; surprisingly the same noise was present there. Apparently the noise was there even with the 2 test songs but I somehow didn't notice before I listened after adding more songs (which I know doesn't make sense :frowning2:) I guess that means either a return (ugh) or waiting to see if any new firmware could fix it (unlikely)... so frustrating...

Another thing; when I plugged the device into my computer it was identified as: "NO NAME" and I'm wondering if it's the same for any other Benjie X1 owners around?

New FW? From Benjie?

skeleton.gif

Oct 5, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #1,605 of 2,126
Hi guys,

I am on the fence for getting a Benjie S5 Bluetooth edition to use at the gym with my wireless earbud (cause it is small). However, there are a few points that I want to be clarified before I placed the order. The thing is that when I read some reviews for Bluetooth enable DAPs on Amazon in this price bracket (<$40), a lot of them seem to lock you into one single mode where it plays the entire library and you don't get to skip song once it is connected with your wireless earbud.

So my question is that can you play a certain selected playlist of songs in Bluetooth mode and can you skip through those songs with the Benjie S5B (B for Bluetooth)?

Another question is that is the Bluetooth connection stable and consistent?

If anyone has the Benjie S5B and clarified these point for me to help me make a purchase decision. I would greatly appreciate it.

Edited: I edited this post to add a screen capture from a video about the S5B in Bluetooth mode with the option to select Music or Music list. Does it mean that the S5B support playlist in Bluetooth mode?

ScreenShot_20171005173136.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back