Being single sucks...
Nov 16, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #136 of 179
jesus, noc. ok, fine. relationships have wider soundstage and sound great out of tube amps.

I'm not naive enough to think that we're totally altruistic when we enter relationships, but does there really have to be this kind of deliberation beyond the obvious perks of a relationship: to interact (in a special way) and, hopefully, grow with another human being, the presence of whom you enjoy?

Nov 17, 2009 at 12:31 PM Post #138 of 179
I'm 22, single, yes I'm a girl, and I like it this way for the time being. I've always found that as soon as I decide I don't WANT a relationship, one will fall into my lap. So, for now, I'm happy doing whatever I want. I am looking forward to someday getting into the kind of relationship where we can move in together, etc but for now...I'm okay.

However, I won't lie, there is always a part of my brain where the clock is ticking. I would be marriage minded for the right guy...of course it seems that most of THEM are not so much on the marriage train.

May 28, 2010 at 4:50 PM Post #139 of 179

Quote:
i dunno if i could survive a long term relationship break up if i loved them :/ but then im a fragile person, that fact had been holding me back

You can survive - theres really no other option :p
Its just a matter of figuring out how to survive after.

In my case, I love(d?) the girl, but realized that it wasnt working, so had to end it. I don't know if there is anything worse than that: Breaking the heart of someone you love, trying to stand up for and explain your decision even though your heart is breaking too. The guilt still lingers ~6 months later...

To end on a positive note: Since becoming single again, I have learned to enjoy the feeling of loneliness- instead of it being a dark and oppressive emotion, its become a comforting one representing freedom! The freedom from txts and calls and dates and plans and arguments etc...

That sounds a bit tongue in cheek, but I really am serious.

May 29, 2010 at 9:07 AM Post #140 of 179
After my 1st wife left me, I stayed single for 17 years. Yep, 17. Hey, if you were married to the woman, you would have stayed single for 17 years too, lol.
eek.gif
  I re-married now, for over 2 years, and have the best wife on the planet. People used to ask me if I ever got lonely being single that long, but, I guess I just got used to it, because I never really gave it much thought. There's benefits to being single, come and go as you please, without having to argue, etc. But being married has it's advantages as well. Bottom line, there's worse things in life than being single...

May 29, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #141 of 179
Old thread? 

Regardless, i'm sure a lot of you guys have heard of my unfortunate predicament. What's worse than your wife leaving you? Leaving you for another man, to top it off she grew up with you from so far back you can't even remember. I will admit i'm having major trust issues with people now, but in the end, there's more to life. There's plenty of things to do, and do them all, i've just kept myself busy for the past month and it sure does help. Am i over it? far from it, but i'm at least sane. 

May 29, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #142 of 179

Quote:
...... but i'm at least sane

Lets start a poll.......
wink_face.gif

Having your trust shattered is a tough lesson. Especially if it comes from one you kept sacred since youth.

To quote a popular line "I've got to admit it's getting better, getting better all the time"

May 29, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #144 of 179
^ I'm 24 now and still have not felt the intimate touch of a woman. 

May 29, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #145 of 179

Quote:
After my 1st wife left me, I stayed single for 17 years. Yep, 17. Hey, if you were married to the woman, you would have stayed single for 17 years too, lol.
eek.gif
  I re-married now, for over 2 years, and have the best wife on the planet. People used to ask me if I ever got lonely being single that long, but, I guess I just got used to it, because I never really gave it much thought. There's benefits to being single, come and go as you please, without having to argue, etc. But being married has it's advantages as well. Bottom line, there's worse things in life than being single...

I've been single for about 4 years since the divorce. I still see movies with the ex once in a while. I'm just not interested in romance right now.

May 29, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #147 of 179
lol, poor Kirosia. You really should buy a plane ticket to the bunny ranch and find out what you're missing, then your mind will put a little more priority on things and force you out of your comfort zone :wink: Not that I'm any better, I've had more failed relationships than I can count. Meeting people and finding out they're not for you or you're not for them can be a little tiresome. Keeping at it for the forseeable future though.

Quote:Originally Posted by Happy Camper 
Lessons in humility, forgiveness, compromise are hard. You are being asked to loose in order to maintain the greater perspective. Guys are really hard to accept this. We are so competitive that we take on the above lessons as failure. We look at the challenge as a contest we have to win or else we will be seen as weak.

Good advice for sure.

May 29, 2010 at 9:30 PM Post #148 of 179
After being burned recently, I finally realized what I wanted, no, needed, but it's just too late. The good ones are all taken and even if they weren't, I'm no prince charming. I'm honestly afraid that I'll never know how it feels to be wanted and it scares me greatly. 

May 29, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #149 of 179
In my experience, relationships are easy. Getting punked by some wannabe pimp in the rain is hardcore, man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back